Scotch Vs Haileybury - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Irony

Debutant
Feb 14, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will be played (unless something goes terribly wrong for either of the two teams) at Scotch on Saturday the 5th of August at 2:00pm. Will be one of the biggest games in APS history as it is the for time ever two teams will play off in a Grand Final to decide the winner of the APS for Football.

Scotch will be high on confidence after beating Haileybury and the bloods will be out for revenge to atone for this loss. Both teams will be desperate to win and there should be a large crowd there to watch to spur both teams on. This match will be highly contested and could go either way. With Scotch regaining Sheetz and Haileybury regaining the 3 Under 16 Victorian and 2 other injured year 12 players both teams will be at full strength.

Haileyburys Team

FB: Luxa, Erikson, Tunik
CHB: Lynch, Comben, Driscoll
C: Hill, Sheldon, Chadwick
CHF: Niccolopolous, Francis, Smith
FF: Collins, Gilder, Succuzzo

Followers: Andrews, Beckwith, Martin

Bench:
Vickery
Keady
McIntyre

Love to see Scotchs team to look at match ups and possible game breakers / match winners!

that was funny, funniest thing ive heard in a while. why would you bother with a big crowd when you win games anyway, if they went wild after every goal we kicked then it would be a non stop party at keysborough you twat. should be a good game, scotch aren't bad but haileybury will win it, especially if its dry.

Irony said:
Will be played (unless something goes terribly wrong for either of the two teams) at Scotch on Saturday the 5th of August at 2:00pm. Will be one of the biggest games in APS history as it is the for time ever two teams will play off in a Grand Final to decide the winner of the APS for Football.

Scotch will be high on confidence after beating Haileybury and the bloods will be out for revenge to atone for this loss. Both teams will be desperate to win and there should be a large crowd there to watch to spur both teams on. This match will be highly contested and could go either way. With Scotch regaining Sheetz and Haileybury regaining the 3 Under 16 Victorian players both teams will be at full strength.

Haileyburys Team

FB: Luxa, Erikson, Tunik
CHB: Lynch, Comben, Driscoll
C: Hill, Sheldon, Chadwick
CHF: Niccolopolous, Francis, Smith
FF: Collins, Gilder, Succuzzo

Followers: Andrews, Beckwith, Martin

Bench:
Vickery
Keady
McIntyre

Love to see Scotchs team to look at match ups and possible game breakers / match winners!

Seems like Hailebury will have to wait another year

Grand final. That's a good one Irony.

Haileybury football is a joke. Hands out scholarships like there's no tomorrow and still can't win.
Soft, spiritless football team.

chooker said:
Grand final. That's a good one Irony.

Haileybury football is a joke. Hands out scholarships like there's no tomorrow and still can't win.
Soft, spiritless football team.
Do you want the bad news. Haileybury will have their full side back for the last game. Those that saw Scotch yesterday said that they were an average team. I'd watch the boys from Geelong. They played as a team and conduct themselves with a bit of class. Something that you may never have!

Well boys u all laughed when i said that this will be the Grand Final, but whos laughing now. Next week Haileybury will be travelling to Scotch to play in one of the biggest game in APS history. It is the first time ever two teams will play off in a Grand Final like situation in the APS.

Haileybury have 5 starting XVIII players returning next week to take on Scotch who narrowly beat Haileybury last time by 3 points on a shocking day for footy.

The game starts at 2:00pm next Saturday at Scotch!

Irony said:
Well boys u all laughed when i said that this will be the Grand Final, but whos laughing now. Next week Haileybury will be travelling to Scotch to play in one of the biggest game in APS history. It is the first time ever two teams will play off in a Grand Final like situation in the APS.

Haileybury have 5 starting XVIII players returning next week to take on Scotch who narrowly beat Haileybury last time by 3 points on a shocking day for footy.

You're an idiot.

Irony said:

hahah thats awesome we better get there early there will be big crowd awaiting to see the return of the skily skills and strong dukes of Bradly. However Haileybury were more suited to the condtions last time they meet as there whole team is a bunch of nuggets they cant run for ****.
It will be a good game with Bradly up at full foward, however Scotch will not let this slip.

Prediction Scotch by 87 points.

BigMomma said:
Do you want the bad news. Haileybury will have their full side back for the last game. Those that saw Scotch yesterday said that they were an average team. I'd watch the boys from Geelong. They played as a team and conduct themselves with a bit of class. Something that you may never have!

mmmm intresting point u make when we just trashed Geelong like they were rubbish. If you guys cant beat geelong then ouch. Ur in for a rough day. But it dosent make a difference anyway your supporters never come to any of ur games. By the way Tom Lynch is a joke.

Hey never said you guys are not a good team and can't win. What I said was that the side you played last time will be totaly different from the one that has played the last three weeks. Glad you won yesterday as that opens the door again for Haileybury. As for supporters. half the people at your games are locals who walk over for the free lunch! Your comment on Lynchy was weak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

loveit20, you've hit the nail right on the head.

Geelong College were demolished yesterday against a team who's committment to the ball and eachother is first rate.
Haileybury not beating Geelong on their own turf will mean they're in for a tough hit-out come Saturday.

Thought i'd just point out wat the situation is with the premiership.

If Xavier can beat Geelong College. The winner of the Hailebury V Scotch game is the sole winner of the cup.

If Geelong beat Xavier . If Scotch win they are the sole winner, But if Hailebury win it will be a three way tie between Scotch Geelong and Hailebury and therefore a joint premiership.

I would think that Geelong would be fairly certain to knock of Xavier seeing it is being played in Geelong. This is good for Scotch seeing as if this is the case the worst they could do is a joint premiership but obviously they would much rather be the sole winner.

The blokes saying you thrashed Geelong are full of ****
it was a great game upto halftime and your 3rd quarter is where you won it other than that it was a close fought game.
sucked how the aps people made the college kids move in the last quarter too when they had been sitting their the whole game!
well done to scotch were the better team on the day

it's not really much of a grand final for scotch, given the worst they can do (in all likelihood) is tie for the premiership, so it seems that all the pressure is actually on haileybury.
as a non-scotch boy myself, i never thought that i would EVER hope that they won a sporting contest, but it seems that this saturday will prove that there is indeed a first time for everything

Actually Gravy, if Xavier beat Geelong and Haileybury beat Scotch then Haileybury win the premiership outright, because they beat Scotch. So Scotch have everything to play for. Dont talk on this website unless u have a clue what is going on!

Ozzie72 said:
The blokes saying you thrashed Geelong are full of ****
it was a great game upto halftime and your 3rd quarter is where you won it other than that it was a close fought game.
sucked how the aps people made the college kids move in the last quarter too when they had been sitting their the whole game!
well done to scotch were the better team on the day
Like to hear more about this. Were the people who made you move APS officials or from Scotch. A disturbing trend if they were the APS admin, who seem to be getting too close to Scotch and Brighton. Could be interesting this Saturday

SCARD said:
Like to hear more about this. Were the people who made you move APS officials or from Scotch. A disturbing trend if they were the APS admin, who seem to be getting too close to Scotch and Brighton. Could be interesting this Saturday

APS admin mate, thats what the head of footy told us when he told us to move. They let us sit next to each other in the 2nd quarter though where both schools were giving each other a fair bit of crap which was all in good fun.

Irony said:
Actually Gravy, if Xavier beat Geelong and Haileybury beat Scotch then Haileybury win the premiership outright, because they beat Scotch. So Scotch have everything to play for.
I'm not saying that Scotch have an easy run or anything, but the reality is that Geelong are going into the game against Xavs as pretty heavy favourites.

Although, having said that, I seem to remember a certain team that played Geelong a couple of weeks back that were supposedly easy favourites themselves, at least according to some Irony bloke or whatever!

Haileybury will have far more supporters at this game than Scotch will, purely because they have better spirit. Haileybury is expecting about 300+ supporters there not including parents of the players.

So Scotch crowd i dare u to get all rowdy again and abuse all the players while they are on the field cause our crowd will be happy to beat the fu.ck out of all your crowd. Our supporters wont be outnumbered this time so watch out u weak pieces of sh1t Scotch borders!

Irony said:
Haileybury will have far more supporters at this game than Scotch will, purely because they have better spirit. Haileybury is expecting about 300+ supporters there not including parents of the players.

So Scotch crowd i dare u to get all rowdy again and abuse all the players while they are on the field cause our crowd will be happy to beat the fu.ck out of all your crowd. Our supporters wont be outnumbered this time so watch out u weak pieces of sh1t Scotch borders!

You can't actually be serious, I have played at both venues in the last 2 weeks, at Haileybury's HOME, Geelong had more support then Haileybury, when ur side kicked a goal i could not hear anything, when we kicked one, we could hear the parents on the sideline. At Scotch when we kicked a goal we got support from our boys, but when Scotch kicked one, their fans went nuts. They were bloody loud. Saying that, we need You guys to win, so good luck.

irony mate, where do you get off saying that haileybury has better school spirit than anyone? there are guys in your 1st XI soccer team that don't know blokes in your footy team, and vice versa. You hardly ever get a support group following you, and the only time that your school ever turns up is when it thinks that its managed to buy another premiership. Hate to break it to you, but that's not school spirit, that's jumping on the bandwagon.
even when you killed us, and i'll admit that you did, the BGS crowd was still more passionate, and more involved throughout the game. when it comes down to it, you may be able to buy flags, but you can't buy passion or class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotch Vs Haileybury - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back