Scotch Vs Haileybury - Top Position Decider

Remove this Banner Ad

Irony said:
Haha you blokes are all a bunch of tossers. If Haileybury are so weak and soft and played so bad then how come we only lost by 3 points then. Looks to me as though you are saying we are weak, but then what does that make Scotch. Haileybury had 6 players out today, 4 state players and two injured. If we played so crap and are so soft imagine when we play u jokes in the last game with a full team, we will absolutely destroy Scotch. You guys only had 1 player out.

Yes Haileybury did play pretty average today, but imagine when we play well!!! We only lost by 3 points. Just wait till next time.

Already starting to make excuses... Thought that would be the case

Haha no excuses mate, Scotch definitely played better on the day, but for them to call us weak and soft is a joke. We only lost by 3 points. Next time will be different, Scotch now become the hunted and i dont think they will like that.

Irony said:
Haha you blokes are all a bunch of tossers. If Haileybury are so weak and soft and played so bad then how come we only lost by 3 points then. Looks to me as though you are saying we are weak, but then what does that make Scotch. Haileybury had 6 players out today, 4 state players and two injured. If we played so crap and are so soft imagine when we play u jokes in the last game with a full team, we will absolutely destroy Scotch. You guys only had 1 player out.

Yes Haileybury did play pretty average today, but imagine when we play well!!! We only lost by 3 points. Just wait till next time.

To say 'we played so badly and we only lost by X amount of points' is a stupid argument IMO. You'll find that teams play badly due to the pressure and skill of the opposition, which makes them look bad, therefore people come up saying how badly the losing team played, but it's not a valid point to put forward as far as I'm concerned.

melbgrammar06 said:
Bigmomma, you an absolute idiot. your nearly as bigger joke as the hailebury team. what do u have to say for yourself now?

Mate your a beligerant little fool. Todays game had nothing to do with skill or heart it came down to a bit of luck with the weather. The result shows nothing at all. On a wet day Haileybury are probably the better side but today Scotch won out and full congrats to them

Irony said:
Haileybury had 6 players out today.

A team is always going to have their injuries, and if that's what it comes down to scotch was missing 5!
It's pretty poor that you haileybury boys can't cop it on the chin that you were beaten by a better side.
3 of the 5 goals were gimmes, and your skills were atrocious, apart from late in the 3rd Scotch was dominating game play. Haileybury was definately not the side we had come to expect. They should count themselves lucky the scoreline was as flattering as it was considering scotch's domination.

chooker said:
Blueboys, Bigmomma etc.

What happened today?
Scotch 44 vs Haileybury 41.

Haileybury showed no spirit when the chips were down and basically it was a deplorable effort.

They are nothing more then soft front runners who can't handle the heat.

What a joke of a school.

Can i just say what an arrogant and disgraceful bunch of parents you have at Scotch. Who ever the parent was in the green jacket in the grandstand, should be ashamed. And to say no spirit, the game was one by the barest of margins in aweful conditions. Things just fell Scotches way in the end. If Haileybury played that bad in these conditions yet only lost by a few points i think to look at it from a premiership perspective, Scotch are a long way off Number 1 from Haileybury got a fair dinkum sat on with about 3 mins remaining in the goal square should have been a free but did anyone complain, no. Full congrats to Scotch but today didnt show who was the better team and who wasnt, it was just a tough hard slog.

Panda said:
A team is always going to have their injuries, and if that's what it comes down to scotch was missing 5!
It's pretty poor that you haileybury boys can't cop it on the chin that you were beaten by a better side.
3 of the 5 goals were gimmes, and your skills were atrocious, apart from late in the 3rd Scotch was dominating game play. Haileybury was definately not the side we had come to expect. They should count themselves lucky the scoreline was as flattering as it was considering scotch's domination.

Skills were atrocious, are you a ****** did you see the conditions. The Haileybury boys were the first to go and shake hands. Pull your head in

I'm merely saying for a side that supposedly prides themselves on being a well drilled unit the number of 'out on the fulls' was unbelievable.

melbgrammar06 said:
Bigmomma, you an absolute idiot. your nearly as bigger joke as the hailebury team. what do u have to say for yourself now?
Haven't you learned anything. Victory is only as good as the opposition you play against. If Haileybury are crap, you aren't much better. Must say though that Scotch deserved their win and were a credit to their school, as were the boys from Haileybury who never gave an inch. Given the conditions it was a good, hard game of footy. I wouldn't open the trpohy cabinet just yet. Haileybury will have their full side back last game and if it is dry their talls uo forward will be a real test. As for the idiot bit.......learn to be a good winner......the best player on the day and the difference in the match was a Scotch player on a scholarship! Future posts talk about the good players and not crap!

BigMomma said:
Haven't you learned anything. Victory is only as good as the opposition you play against. If Haileybury are crap, you aren't much better. Must say though that Scotch deserved their win and were a credit to their school, as were the boys from Haileybury who never gave an inch. Given the conditions it was a good, hard game of footy. I wouldn't open the trpohy cabinet just yet. Haileybury will have their full side back last game and if it is dry their talls uo forward will be a real test. As for the idiot bit.......learn to be a good winner......the best player on the day and the difference in the match was a Scotch player on a scholarship! Future posts talk about the good players and not crap!

Who was that? Scott Sherwen would get my best on ground easily and he's been a full-fee paying student at scotch since year 7.

Bigfootyfan said:
Can i just say what an arrogant and disgraceful bunch of parents you have at Scotch. Who ever the parent was in the green jacket in the grandstand, should be ashamed. And to say no spirit, the game was one by the barest of margins in aweful conditions. Things just fell Scotches way in the end. If Haileybury played that bad in these conditions yet only lost by a few points i think to look at it from a premiership perspective, Scotch are a long way off Number 1 from Haileybury got a fair dinkum sat on with about 3 mins remaining in the goal square should have been a free but did anyone complain, no. Full congrats to Scotch but today didnt show who was the better team and who wasnt, it was just a tough hard slog.

A long way off who?? They've beaten everyone they've played.

The game actually did show who was the better team, as the better team is the team that wins.
It showed that Haileybury are unwilling to put their head over the footy and play hard contested footy. They were beaten by a more disciplined, fierce, spirited and full-fee paying unit.

Irony said:
u have about 2 or 3 players that are guns and that is it, our line up compared to urs, there is no competition we have blokes on the bench u would have starting in key positions on the ground.

What happened to these players yesterday?
Gone missing.
I would just like to say how Captain Comben was thrashed by Graham yesterday. Comben was embarrassed by Graham.

Seems as if '2 or 3 players' can beat a team of scholarships.

Quotes like this really typify what is wrong with Haileybury.

Where's blueboys1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blueboys1 said:
I couldn't see any more than 3 players from Scotch getting a game for Haileybury
We are by far the best side just ask any coach that we have played
Every player plays TAC Cup VAFA or VFL that is the whole 21 not just 3-4

Do you reckon more then 3 players would get a game now? Or will Haileybury just keep plodding along with the 21 TAC, VAFA, VFL who lost yesterday?

I'm sick to death of these Haileybury excuse makers, both teams had important players missing, Scotch was the better team on the day and if either team had luck on their side, it was Haileybury. Free kicks in front of goal which resulted in goals for Haileybury were regularly seen while Scotch was dogged in the free kick tally. The fact of the matter is that Scotch beat Haileybury, therefore they are the better team. Enough said.

I'm curious to know what happens to the Haileybury boys now, can their scholarships be revoked? Will they attempt to purchase new players now, or maybe even the scotch side? Hard to know whether they have any money left in the ol bank account for any more new expenditures. Up sh.it creek without a paddle!

chooker said:
A long way off who?? They've beaten everyone they've played.

The game actually did show who was the better team, as the better team is the team that wins.
It showed that Haileybury are unwilling to put their head over the footy and play hard contested footy. They were beaten by a more disciplined, fierce, spirited and full-fee paying unit.

Full fee paying unit. Check your stats to see how many are full fee you twat. Both sides put their head over the ball and played hard football. Your post match celebration was a little premature and will bite you in the ass big time

Panda said:
Who was that? Scott Sherwen would get my best on ground easily and he's been a full-fee paying student at scotch since year 7.
NBR 10 Djerrkura was the difference. He set up most of the Scotch goals. He was terrific.

Panda said:
I'm curious to know what happens to the Haileybury boys now, can their scholarships be revoked? Will they attempt to purchase new players now, or maybe even the scotch side? Hard to know whether they have any money left in the ol bank account for any more new expenditures. Class is what it is all about. It is the way you conduct yourself. Why don't you concentrate on how good your side were against another side. Or do you like to win against poor opposition!

Where was your class last year, you won against a lacklustre scotch and celebrated in the exact same fashion. Scotch deserves the right to celebrate. Their hard work throughout the year conquered your checkbook signing.

Well Scotch won and good luck to them

There was nothing in the teams at all, but on day when it wasn't won on skill aloan Scotch was the better team
But we will meet again in the last game of the year to see who will win the APS and this game will tell us a lot more and hoping the weather is better
Scotch have some very good players Djerrkura,Njoku,Rioli,Sherwen, Graham etc and are a better side than I thought you would be

We had some players that didn’t play as well as they can and where beaten on the day
But Andrews,Beckwith,Gilder keeped us in the game

So when we meet again lets see what happens then

But to come out and say that Hailebury are crap is a joke and just shows what kind of school you are ............

Watching it from the stand I thought Haileybury where still going to win after Gilder kicked the last goal
But as I have already said Scotch played the better wet weather football
As for the fans in the stand they cry about every umpiring decision what a joke
the umps did a good job for the conditions

I think we can all safely say you can't blame a school on what people say on this forum.
Mabye you should ask the players what they think. They are the ones actually playing the game.

scotch played well on the weekend, but watch wat you all write for the next three weeks coz it isnt over yet. last year haileybury were written off after losing to melbourne and still won it, seems like the final system has worked well for us. should be an awesome game at scotch in a few weeks with two very good sides going at it, hopefully both at full strength. scotch have shown they are the goods in the wet so hopefully the rain clouds hold off on the day, but im predicting a close game.

Yep Scotchs celebrations were defintely over the top, this game was purely just a season game and they acted as if they had won the premiership. Well let me just tell you there are 3 games left and a 3 point victory means absolutely nothing. Yes if they had of won by 20 - 30 points then u could say they are clearly better, but 3 points means sh1t all now. Haileybury were dissapointing, but they still only lost by 3 points, They only need to play a little bit above average and they will smash Scotch. Your crowd were abusive and had bad sportsmanship, that isnt spirit its just downright stupid.

Three weeks from now is all that matters boys and i can tell ya that it will be a completely different result next time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotch Vs Haileybury - Top Position Decider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back