Scotland deserve 2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on the vision that everyone has seen, and the evidence provided by both Scotland and Lockyer, it is outrageous that Scotland was handed 2 weeks. I hope Carlton fight this one, as the decision just doesn't make sense.

Scotland said it was an accident, just like what Lloyd said about his hit against the Hawthorn bloke with the forearm guard.

Scotland/Lockyer - no damage to "victim". Lockyer even backed this up and supported Scotland. But it seems as if the tribunal don't listen to players. :rolleyes:

Lloyd/Thurgood
- fractured cheek bone, Thurgood out indefinetely.

So if they were both "accidents" - why isn't Lloyd facing the music too? His hit was arguably much more reckless/careless.

luke2177 said:
Based on the vision that everyone has seen, and the evidence provided by both Scotland and Lockyer, it is outrageous that Scotland was handed 2 weeks. I hope Carlton fight this one, as the decision just doesn't make sense.

Scotland said it was an accident, just like what Lloyd said about his hit against the Hawthorn bloke with the forearm guard.

Scotland/Lockyer - no damage to "victim". Lockyer even backed this up and supported Scotland. But it seems as if the tribunal don't listen to players. :rolleyes:

Lloyd/Thurgood
- fractured cheek bone, Thurgood out indefinetely.

So if they were both "accidents" - why isn't Lloyd facing the music too? His hit was arguably much more reckless/careless.

Spot on! Scotland should only have received a reprimand. If you watch the footage in real time his hand is only on his face momentarily. And Lockyer did not sustain an injury, not even a scratch!

T-Bird32 said:
Spot on! Scotland should only have received a reprimand. If you watch the footage in real time his hand is only on his face momentarily. And Lockyer did not sustain an injury, not even a scratch!

I can't believe the biase being shown here! What Scotland did was unacceptable - even if it was only for a second or whatever, the fact remains he did what he did. It was an eye gouge in anyones language. If it was Brodie Holland doing it to Campo, we'd be saying "why didn't he get more weeks!?" and prbably be calling him a dog.

I'm more disapointed that Scotland committed the act rather than the suspension that was handed out. Got what he deserved imo and hopefully in the future will display more discipline. Both Scotland and Campo let their team mates and supporters down and we will pay the ultimate price this week and to a lesser extent next week.

Badabing said:
I can't believe the biase being shown here! What Scotland did was unacceptable - even if it was only for a second or whatever, the fact remains he did what he did. It was an eye gouge in anyones language. If it was Brodie Holland doing it to Campo, we'd be saying "why didn't he get more weeks!?" and prbably be calling him a dog.

I'm more disapointed that Scotland committed the act rather than the suspension that was handed out. Got what he deserved imo and hopefully in the future will display more discipline. Both Scotland and Campo let their team mates and supporters down and we will pay the ultimate price this week and to a lesser extent next week.

The point I was trying to make is that this act was totally out of character for Heath, he is not a dirty player and has never been suspended before. But now he's been handed down a two match ban and in the eyes of the tribunal he'll always be seen as an eye-gouger. If he ever gets reported again, he'll have the book thrown at him.
I acknowledge that he did put himself in that position, but I still think it is a hefty price to pay for an incident that was made to look worse than it actually was. If Lockyer had have been injured, I would agree with a suspension, but he wasn't injured and said himself there was nothing in it.
On the other hand Lloyd can smash a kid's face with his arm guard, but he has no case to answer, even though he has a history of suspensions for striking with his forearm.

VEEBEE said:
sorry to hear scotland got dudded by us again , always liked him and still do he just looks like a class player.
great call. I see alot of talent and class in him too!

T-Bird32 said:
The point I was trying to make is that this act was totally out of character for Heath, he is not a dirty player and has never been suspended before. But now he's been handed down a two match ban and in the eyes of the tribunal he'll always be seen as an eye-gouger. If he ever gets reported again, he'll have the book thrown at him.
I acknowledge that he did put himself in that position, but I still think it is a hefty price to pay for an incident that was made to look worse than it actually was. If Lockyer had have been injured, I would agree with a suspension, but he wasn't injured and said himself there was nothing in it.
On the other hand Lloyd can smash a kid's face with his arm guard, but he has no case to answer, even though he has a history of suspensions for striking with his forearm.

I agree that this was totally out of charachter for Heath and that probably should've been taken into account.

Let's just hope his appeal is successfull and we see him run out against The Power this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotland deserve 2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back