Scott Gumbleton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why they have only offered 1 if this is true. If any team is willing to offer 2 or more Gumbleton would have to take it given his injury history. To see him play well for another team would break bomber hearts.

It's a tough call. Seemed to get over some injuries this year but with his history you never know if and when he will be injured next. Would be worth a two year deal at another club if they want to risk it.

A bit of a risk vs reward theory here.

Bombers have looked after Scott for a long time for little results, so it would be dissapointing if he left us for nothing.

You would take a punt for mine, just to good when he is right and seems to be coming good... A performance based contract over 2 years ..we could work a trade...not so sure what picks we have yet but maybe our 3rd or part of any larger trade we do at Port

He is not contracted so he can walk. Would be lucky to get a late 2nd round pick.

If anyone owed a club something it is Gumbleton.

And if, in your opinion, other clubs only rate him enough to offer effectivey a third rounder, then they likely would not be offering much money or incentive to leave.

So which is it? either clubs want him and will offer him incentive to leave and a decent pick to Essendon, or clubs don't and he'll stay at Essendon?

Not a bad option to test the waters, as he is surplus to our requirements.

And if, in your opinion, other clubs only rate him enough to offer effectivey a third rounder, then they likely would not be offering much money or incentive to leave.

So which is it? either clubs want him and will offer him incentive to leave and a decent pick to Essendon, or clubs don't and he'll stay at Essendon?

Honestly he owes the club nothing, remember this is work for them. Its earning a living. I bet if you where injured in your job you would want to be paid. I do hope he gets a good clean run at it as he looks like a good footballer. Would be worth a club putting him through fitness tests and offering him a 2 year contract.

It's not what he was worth, it's what he is worth.

Unfortunately, after 28 games over 6 seasons he's a highly speculative pick. It's fair to say that he wouldn't be too many more injuries from a doctor telling him to give up the game so he enjoy life outside of football.

It's hard to see anyone giving up a pick inside the top 30. Probably the best Essendon would get is a player from a club with an excess of that type. So you want to target a club with an excess of fringe inside mids, try and pick one of them up and salvage something from the pick.

Not sure he owes anyone anything. But if he gets a three year contract V 1 year contact why would he stay? His wage would be minimal so if a team offered him 3 years and it did not work out it was only a small risk to take.

If the care he has received at Essendon is anything to do with his lengthy recovery, maybe not.
I thought there was talk that a couple of the earlier procedures weren't done well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think he's got something to offer personally,​

I agree - but do Essendon give him more than a 1 year contract? Does he accept 1 year if he gets a 3 year offer - for someone who would not have made much out of football any secuirty would have to be considered. You would think with WCE talls only Freo would be an option in WA.

They have pick 3 and 4.

And 13. Scully leaving got them two compo picks: one after their first round pick (pick 4) and one in the middle of the first round, after the non-finalists (pick 13). Both were activated this year.

And 13. Scully leaving got them two compo picks: one after their first round pick (pick 4) and one in the middle of the first round, after the non-finalists (pick 13). Both were activated this year.

Wow - 3 picks in the first 13 is a super draft. That is a massive result. Would be mad to trade - they need to start from sratch - again.

yeah, it was just a proposed trade more than a 'i think this could be a good idea'.

i'd prefer kennedy at #13, but given how few players we'll seemingly have left, this would at least add two to our meagre list.

Honestly he owes the club nothing, remember this is work for them. Its earning a living. I bet if you where injured in your job you would want to be paid. I do hope he gets a good clean run at it as he looks like a good footballer. Would be worth a club putting him through fitness tests and offering him a 2 year contract.

He is on good terms with the club, who have gone to great lengths to get his body right. I have no issue with him requesting a trade, but I can't see him just walking as mufassa suggested. Similarly, I can't see Essendon being too stubborn in getting him to his club of choice, if someone does offer him 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back