Scott Gumbleton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think you could find a spot for him you already have a good tall forward line. Although a lot of your talls play pretty athletic

Lynch could be going elsewhere.

Not sure he owes anyone anything. But if he gets a three year contract V 1 year contact why would he stay? His wage would be minimal so if a team offered him 3 years and it did not work out it was only a small risk to take.

Just a theory, but if, as you suggest, he would only command a minimal wage for 3 years. That may not actually be the best thing in his interest.

He has only finally gotten his body right for the last 1/4 of this year and showed some pretty good patches in those games. Could it not be argued that signing a 1 year deal gives him a chance to show what he is capable of, thereby rasing his value for any contract extension? That's probably how the Bombers will put it to him when he returns from Holiday to discuss it.

So I can't really see his wage being minimal if an offer was taken. If he is leaving for financial security, he will want just that.

If the care he has received at Essendon is anything to do with his lengthy recovery, maybe not.
I thought there was talk that a couple of the earlier procedures weren't done well?
Didn't realise we performed operations down at Windy Hill.

Just a theory, but if, as you suggest, he would only command a minimal wage for 3 years. That may not actually be the best thing in his interest.

He has only finally gotten his body right for the last 1/4 of this year and showed some pretty good patches in those games. Could it not be argued that signing a 1 year deal gives him a chance to show what he is capable of, thereby rasing his value for any contract extension? That's probably how the Bombers will put it to him when he returns from Holiday to discuss it.

So I can't really see his wage being minimal if an offer was taken. If he is leaving for financial security, he will want just that.

So if Essendon offer 150k for 1 year and Freo offer 450k for 3 years I know which I would take. He maybe worth twice as much after 1 good year but he could playing VFL and geting 30k after 1 more injured plagued season.

So if Essendon offer 150k for 1 year and Freo offer 450k for 3 years I know which I would take. He maybe worth twice as much after 1 good year but he could playing VFL and geting 30k after 1 more injured plagued season.

True, but I guess it is still something for him to consider. Has he got faith in his own ability and his body. There are so many question marks around this guy. Such a shame he didn't get a proper run at it from the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got me there. Have not seen too much of Freo. I don't think Broughton is fitting into Lyons plans that well. Maybe Suban or Pearce. As I said, i'm just throwing names up here, so go easy peeps.

LOL - I am the same - after going to the Roos v Saints bore fest last year I have sworn off watching Ross Lyon coached teams.

True, but I guess it is still something for him to consider. Has he got faith in his own ability and his body. There are so many question marks around this guy. Such a shame he didn't get a proper run at it from the start.

Very tough on the kid. He maybe now have confident in his back and be 100% but look at Whitecross and Waters on the weekend - did not take much to do a lot of damage.

Maybe he is Rod Tiswell and will back himself to knock back a 3 year small contract offer in the hope of getting the big bucks after performing in 2013.

He has played 1 game in a row. That was a dazzling 12 possession game on Jayden Post.
Before that (he missed the Carlton game, lucky bloke), he managed 5. 6 games for the year. Actually, 6 games in two years...
I don't think you can put the injury issue to bed just yet...
Then there is the matter of him not playing very well.
Absolute punt, with as yet not much good exposed form, at all. Hence the 1 year offer from Dons. Maybe they are ushering him out

He has played 1 game in a row. That was a dazzling 12 possession game on Jayden Post.
Before that (he missed the Carlton game, lucky bloke), he managed 5. 6 games for the year. Actually, 6 games in two years...
Absolute punt, with as yet not much good exposed form, at all. Hence the 1 year offer from Dons. Maybe they are ushering him out

Such a good post we needed it twice?

Gumbleton is in a bit of a pickle.

His management looks after Hurley, Crameri, Ryder and now Danniher.

In terms of golden geese, who comes last in terms of importance? I doubt he'll stay at Essendon.

Clearly the club eased him back to the senior side and he showed good signs in all the games he played in but after his history it's all about getting his confidence back in how his body will perform week in week out. Can't see him going anywhere and I'd trade Hooker before Gumby everyday of the week.

You've got me there. Have not seen too much of Freo. I don't think Broughton is fitting into Lyons plans that well. Maybe Suban or Pearce. As I said, i'm just throwing names up here, so go easy peeps.

Broughton won't leave and I cant see Pearce leaving either.

Suban may be available but I dont think we have many others players available to trade that you would be interested in.

I think Suban is worth more than Gumbleton, so you may need to through in an upgrade some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back