News Scully Compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Would give up the 2 picks for Gaff in a heartbeat, Watch the WCE games this week, Gaff is a great player.

Gaff is more talented than ANY young mid on our list. Played better this year than Trengove did last year. Doesn't mean i would trade JT for Gaff however, but he is a better football prospect.

If you trade them to another AFL club the picks are still locked to your ladder position not the teams position you trade them to.

I have not read the whole thread so IBYP if this has been clarified, but is this absolutely certain; if so, what is your source?

No, wouldnt give up two picks for Gaff, One and say a Jamie Bennel or Addam Maric.

I'm with you, would not give up two compo picks for Gaff. Would give one compo pick, this year's normal pick and a Warnock/Bate type.

As for Jaeger (sp?), I think the above combination of picks + one big bodied forward or back (Bate/Warnock) would be more than what any other club could offer GWS.

Still no actual sources though, as in a link to an article containing a quote, or a press release? I consume a lot of footy media and am particularly interested in this topic, yet haven't read or heard anything myself.

Edit: I always thought they were locked to the club who activates them, otherwise why would GCS have taken the Geelong compo pick back for their pick 15 last year?

I'm with you, would not give up two compo picks for Gaff. Would give one compo pick, this year's normal pick and a Warnock/Bate type.

As for Jaeger (sp?), I think the above combination of picks + one big bodied forward or back (Bate/Warnock) would be more than what any other club could offer GWS.
Would you trade the 2 compo picks for pick 4 in this years draft?

Thats what Gaff was in last years draft. Why risk picking 2 new players when you have a $cully clone with a better kick who want to come home (allegedly) and is a Melbourne supporter.
Trade West Coast the picks and let them have that Omega kid, I'll take Gaff ANY day of the week.

Would give up the 2 picks for Gaff in a heartbeat, Watch the WCE games this week, Gaff is a great player.

Gaff is more talented than ANY young mid on our list. Played better this year than Trengove did last year. Doesn't mean i would trade JT for Gaff however, but he is a better football prospect.

You've underrated Trengove.

Trengove faded late in his first year and Gaff stormed home but Gaff spent the first half of the year playing in a green vest or the two's.

Gaff's a jet though and using the 2 compo picks and landing Gaff would be a good get. Wish there was O'meara video so we can see all the fuss is about.

Thats what Gaff was in last years draft. Why risk picking 2 new players when you have a $cully clone with a better kick who want to come home (allegedly) and is a Melbourne supporter.
Trade West Coast the picks and let them have that Omega kid, I'll take Gaff ANY day of the week.

Gaff is a jet, he is very much a Dal Santo type IMO.

I do know the kid and he's apparently really happy there now he is getting a game.

He's not the kind of kid to up and leave, even to come home.

We should definitely sound him out, but don't get your hopes up.

Your right he was a demon and I heard him on last years future stars show, when asked by that fat bald prick hutchy what team he wanted to be picked up by, he said "definitely Melbourne". Usually they just say they want to play AFL. Saying this I'm sure he doesn't give a shit about the club now he's playing, just like Franklin, Judd, pendlebury etc

Can someone please explain to me how the compo picks work? I can't be stuffed reading through all the posts tbh :)

I get we get 2 first rounds picks but in terms on which numbers, how long we have the picks for and anything else we can use the picks for?

Thanks

If we nominate to take use our picks in 2012 & we finish 10th it might go this way:

Normal pick: 8
Compo pick straight after: 9
Floating mid round pick: 10-12

Thats my take anyway. 8 would be used to get Viney if another team nominates a higher pick than us, which I think they will do just to screw us over & make us use our first rounder on him, if I was from another club I know I would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats my take anyway. 8 would be used to get Viney if another team nominates a higher pick than us, which I think they will do just to screw us over & make us use our first rounder on him, if I was from another club I know I would.

Port Adelaide will bid for Viney, you can put your house on that. They are arseholes when it comes to fatherson, they bid on almost every kid! :thumbsdown:

If we nominate to take use our picks in 2012 & we finish 10th it might go this way:

Normal pick: 8
Compo pick straight after: 9
Floating mid round pick: 10-12

Thanks, so maybe it might be better to use our compo picks this year? Imagine if we finish 6th for eg, then the picks would be in the 20's...

We have one fixed pick.

It's pick 11.

Then we have one pick which is dependant on where we finish, it comes directly after our 'earnt' first rounder.

If we finish 10th it's pick 9, if we finish 6th it's pick 13.

We have one fixed pick.

It's pick 11.

Then we have one pick which is dependant on where we finish, it comes directly after our 'earnt' first rounder.

If we finish 10th it's pick 9, if we finish 6th it's pick 13.

It still relies on what the other clubs are going to do with their compo picks... For example, GWS are trading four 17 year olds this year, if they want picks for them we will be bumped down the pecking order. Then any other club below us that has a compo pick is next in line, which could mean we have a 1st round pick that in reality only gives us a pick in the 20's... Tricky stuff to punt on for the recruiters...

DR, i think most clubs have end of round 1 compo picks so most don't effect ours

Good to hear from you BS, I thought you might have been over in Asia somewhere looking for your next princess???

Crows, Cats & Bulldogs have 1st rounders to use & I can't remember what Adelaide, Brisbane, Dogs, Pies, Hawks got last year... So it could be a significant downgrade if all use it in the so called Super Draft...

GC are the only other club currently with a mid round 1 selection. They got it from Geelong as a straight up trade for pick 15 last year. Our 2nd compo is after our regular round 1 pick and (as BS suggested) won't be competing with other end of round 1 compo picks although the Dogs and Crows currently have round 1 compo picks (after their normal round 1 picks) as DR pointed out.

Obviously there could be some more compo picks handed out but band 1 won't be too common I wouldn't have thought.

This should make it clearer:

1st round selections (immediately after normal 1st round pick)

Adelaide (2015)

Western Bulldogs (2015)

Melbourne (2015)

Mid 1st round selections between finalists and non-finalists

Gold Coast (2014)

Melbourne (2015)

End of 1st round selections

Gold Coast (2014)

Brisbane (2014)

Richmond (2014)

Geelong (2014)

Fremantle (2015)