SE Qld RL heartland

Remove this Banner Ad

grayham said:
Its amazing how paranoid RL is about AFL. But good to see RL broadcasts only get 14% of the Sydney listening market.
I wonder what it is in Melbourne with 2-3 stations broadcasting, and a dedicated sports station in SEN? 30% ?
Nothing better than a good ol fashioned guess is there.. ;)

grayham said:
Its amazing how paranoid RL is about AFL. But good to see RL broadcasts only get 14% of the Sydney listening market.
I wonder what it is in Melbourne with 2-3 stations broadcasting, and a dedicated sports station in SEN? 30% ?
Obviously you dont understand the radio industry..

In the latest ratings, 2GB topped the weekend ratings again, with a 1.1 lift from the previous period to 14.7...almost double its nearest rival (AM or FM). The other rugby league station (Saturday evening and Sunday only) is ABC702 and its weekend rating is 8.6 ...

Anyway, if you were accurate you would added 14.7 + 8.6 - 25.3.

littleduck said:
How would you describe crowds for Union (worldwide)

Union crowds are not to bad in France and UK at club level, infact they almost pay the same as S12, alot of players who can't get a game here at S12 go there. By the way I think one of the GPS games in Sydney Kings v Joeys got 15k.

The new soccer league here will get as many people through the gate as RL, maybe except for the bronco's, don't Perth average 15 to 20k already?

grayham said:

lol, your such a fool Grayham. The latest Swans game drew 10000 fewer after a win over the premiers. How do you explain that you tool????

Nicko, your pathetic. End of section really

Beaussie, didn't you cop enough of a bashing on leagueunlimited??? Your still a laugh though with your arguments :D

Get over it, the AFL will always be a sport for the southern states and little more. In 10 years time, the two biggest states will be QLD and NSW...And guess what? They are both rugby league states :D So stick that up your clacker :D

Lets see the crowds the lions draw after having a bad year

MoffOnTou said:
lol, your such a fool Grayham. The latest Swans game drew 10000 fewer after a win over the premiers. How do you explain that you tool????
Ahhh bledislow cup. Now which Rugby is that again ?

Get over it, the AFL will always be a sport for the southern states and little more. In 10 years time, the two biggest states will be QLD and NSW...And guess what? They are both rugby league states :D So stick that up your clacker :D

In 10 years time, blah, blah, blah.

If, if, if, blah, blah, blah.

grayham said:

Grayham, you've admitted defeat right there as you've resorted to the word blah :D

But I thought the Swans would be strong enough to have a fan base that is independent of other events???????? Or are the Swans/Wallabies fans one and the same???

(ie: All Bandwagoners)

MoffOnTou said:
The Warriors are having a bad year and their crowds are down by 20 % at least. Its univeral that when a team loses constantly, crowds will generally be lower than before

MoffOnTou said:
Grayham, you've admitted defeat right there as you've resorted to the word blah :D

But I thought the Swans would be strong enough to have a fan base that is independent of other events???????? Or are the Swans/Wallabies fans one and the same???

(ie: All Bandwagoners)

No the swans crowd was the usual double (or was it tripple) the corresponding league game at the time. Nothing new there. The rah rah event hit both codes to some degree. Nothing new there. Very happy with 24K. You could count the number of league H&A games over 24K (with no opposition) on one hand, neigh one finger.

Its pretty obvious that AFL has a fair share of the QLD market and growing, whether that continues to increase at the present rate only time will tell, i suspect it will slow down but still have far more than a niche market.

Sydney you are being surrounded, lay down your guns dont be so reckless.

Qsaint said:
Union crowds are not to bad in France and UK at club level, infact they almost pay the same as S12, alot of players who can't get a game here at S12 go there. By the way I think one of the GPS games in Sydney Kings v Joeys got 15k.

The new soccer league here will get as many people through the gate as RL, maybe except for the bronco's, don't Perth average 15 to 20k already?
Since when were we arguing on the basis of best crowds? I thought it was average crowds..

The new 12-team soccer league will get nearly 3000000 through the gates? Ok then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grayham said:
Rugby is Rugby...

In 10 years, the AFL/RL distinction will still exist. Blah blah blah.

Yeah, the Lions will never slide down the ladder so its a moot point. They'll never have a bad year.

Rob said:
Let's see the crowds the broncos draw after having a bad year. You're delirous if you think that people wouldn't jump off the Broncos bandwagon just as fast after a couple of bottom 2-3 finishes.
They have had many bad years when they were around the 5/6th best team in the comp.

MoffOnTou said:
I think you need to get over it. If you weren't worried about the AFL, you wouldn't be here and in 10 years time, RL will still be a two state game, where as the AFL will be national as it is today.

Mickey said:
I think you need to get over it. If you weren't worried about the AFL, you wouldn't be here and in 10 years time, RL will still be a two state game, where as the AFL will be national as it is today.
Yeah, but not truly national. AFL is nothing in NSW & QLD country, and NRL is even less in VIC SA WA country. I can't see this changing.

Mickey said:
...in 10 years time, RL will still be a two state game, where as the AFL will be national as it is today.

More likely back to the old days of the NSWRL, played at the same suburban parks used today. How's this for a classy football venue? I present to you Kogarah Oval, home of the St George Illawarra Dragons:

jubilee1.jpg

Don't you just love the grass styled seating and how about that flash scoreboard. :D

littleduck said:
They were actually :p

You know what the sad thing is Rob, littleduck isn't lying. Not to mention last year when the Broncos finished 8th after they lost 8 or so in a row.

After what I said Rob, imagine how livid they were when they were up 18-0 against the top side in the first week of the finals and still managed to lose.

Now littleduck don't cheat again.
The ratings are for the station overall with an addendum that they are Rugby League stations.What does that mean and if they broadcast anything what are the ratings.There aren't any.
By admission the Hadley gig is a radio version of the Sydney Footy Show and you can always find enough idiots to watch/listen to that sort of rubbish.
As for actual broadcasts of the game as mentioned by grayam. In Melbourne the timeslots for friday night,saturday,saturday night and sunday are all quoted for each metropolitan station broacasting direct averaging about 40 for the lot plus geelongs station.
Now don't you think that if our friend Mr.Singleton had even one genuine figure that is relevent to RL broadcasts to quote,he would.You betcha.He ain't got any.
As for crickey.com.au Stephen Mayne has no scruples and probably would move if he could but can't: he lost his house to legel action a couple of years ago.

grayham said:
The Broncos shut them out, and along with the athletics track, made it impossible to use it when they were looking around to move to Brisbane.

Didnt that move backfire on the hapless Broncos !

The Broncos wanted to get closer to the vast array of bogans and toothless wonders wandering the streets of Woodridge and Loganholme.Purely and simple ANZ Stadium and their whole club have alienated many Brisbanians from the game at club level. Who wants to watch a game from 60 metres away from the action?

But when you get a sport run by a media company to get people buying pay-tv subscriptions, who cares whether fans are given impetus to attend every match, apart from the propaganda-riddled Daily Wail. They shape the culture of the sport. So have to cop a great majority of the blame with some of the poor Broncs crowds they have had since moving to Lang Park again.

With the Gabba redevelopment I'm confident they will be getting plenty of 42000 crowds at Lions' games very soon.

Meanwhile the Broncos, despite near blanket media attention, have had attendences as low as 19000 against South Sydney and the Storm this season.

JF

MoffOnTou said:
But we don't need to...lets review facts

The Broncos will pull 40,000 on Sunday...more than an AFL game has EVER drawn in Brisbane

Why live in the past when we can live with facts such as those above :)

Meanwhile people like you and your mates are attacking innocent North Queensland Cowboys supporters at the Showgrounds.

Bunch of ********ers, Bulldog fans. The perfect example of why some people should be sterilised at birth.

JF

Remove this Banner Ad

SE Qld RL heartland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back