SE Qld RL heartland

Remove this Banner Ad

MoffOnTou said:
Come back and argue when the Lions have drawn 50,000 to a regular season game

Thanks

Regards,
Moffo

Your stupid RL boofhead, if there was an AFL size Stadium in Brisbane that could hold 50,000+, the Lions would draw that against Pies, Bombers etc etc.

I live in the ACT, so I know exactly how the crowds work in RL, no-one goes to the games, that watch it on TV.

Check Pies, Bombers games at Stadium Australia if you want to research it.

Like Littleduck, your just another disgruntled RL supporters who's hurting cause your game is slowly slipping away.

steviewonder36 said:
Your stupid RL boofhead, if there was an AFL size Stadium in Brisbane that could hold 50,000+, the Lions would draw that against Pies, Bombers etc etc.

I live in the ACT, so I know exactly how the crowds work in RL, no-one goes to the games, that watch it on TV.

Like Littleduck, your just another disgruntled RL supporters who's hurting cause your game is slowly slipping away.

I hope my tax dollars don't go towards supporting tool loving AFL fans such as yourself

Tell me how many the Bears used to draw :D

Tell me if the Broncos have ever stooped to such PATHETIC lows

MoffOnTou said:
I hope my tax dollars don't go towards supporting tool loving AFL fans such as yourself

why the broncos? why not souths?

why the bears? why not hawthorn/melbourne/bulldogs/<insert club here>?

Qsaint said:
This is what the nonsense about the Lang Park Redevelopment was about the RU and AFL wanted an 80K+ stadium at the showgrounds with parking and rail access, but the RL and some very influential ALP members wanted to lock the AFL out with lang park at more $

Yeh, and Elvis is still alive

Look, QLD is a rugby league state, always has been and always will be. Build a bridge and get over it

Look at how the Storm get treated in Melbourne. Exactly the same way that League walks all over the Swans in Sydney

steviewonder36 said:
ANZ Stadium could accomodate over 50000 if you simply ripped up the running track and planted grass.

Yeah, a 28000 average with 40000+ expected this weekend clearly shows "no-one goes to the game".

Are they always sold out? NO. Which means that games against the Pies, Bombers dont necessarily fill stadiums regardless of how big they are.

That's obviously a perception you like to promote despite every single meaningful stat trending upwards.

MoffOnTou said:

Your game never recovered from the ARL and Super League split.

Another case for RL dropping away, the Raiders once powerful and had a huge following in the ACT, The Brumbies have ripped the guts out of them.

The Brumbies constantly thrash the Raiders for bums on seats at Canberra Stadium.

If its not the AFL as your supposed rival, its RU.

More flashbacks from RL fans about the Broncos goldern era and their 'huge' crowds.....Carlton and Collingwood fans dont go on about getting 122 k to a game, now do they? Stop living in the past stooges

MoffOnTou said:
Yeh, and Elvis is still alive

Look, QLD is a rugby league state, always has been and always will be. Build a bridge and get over it

Look at how the Storm get treated in Melbourne. Exactly the same way that League walks all over the Swans in Sydney

I am gonna rip the guts out of the statement, the RL teams in Sydney could only dream of having 20-25,000+ signed up members and also get fairly consistent at least 20,000+ to the Swans home games.

You don't support Canterbury do you, if so then I have a clear picture of you.

Why don't you losers disappear from these folders and stick to RL ones.

chemical said:
More flashbacks from RL fans about the Broncos goldern era and their 'huge' crowds.....Carlton and Collingwood fans dont go on about getting 122 k to a game, now do they? Stop living in the past stooges

But we don't need to...lets review facts

RL has had a crowd that is at least 15,000 above the highest AFL crowd this year

The Broncos will pull 40,000 on Sunday...more than an AFL game has EVER drawn in Brisbane

Why live in the past when we can live with facts such as those above :)

steviewonder36 said:
I am gonna rip the guts out of the statement, the RL teams in Sydney could only dream of having 20-25,000+ signed up members and also get fairly consistent at least 20,000+ to the Swans home games.

You don't support Canterbury do you, if so then I have a clear picture of you.

Why don't you losers disappear from these folders and stick to RL ones.

lol, but there is only one AFL team in Sydney. There are 9 league teams

Folders? hahaha....you tool. Listen up buster, I've been a member here for 2 years longer than you...so please, know your position on the food chain

Kind Regards

MoffOnTou said:

RL has had a crowd that is at least 15,000 above the highest AFL crowd this year
Im sure the average is more important than the highest crowd. Anyone would agree with that.

MoffOnTou said:
The Broncos will pull 40,000 on Sunday...more than an AFL game has EVER drawn in Brisbane
Collingwood and Essendon will pull more than an NRL game has EVER drawn in Melbourrne. Your point?

MoffOnTou said:
Why live in the past when we can live with facts such as those above
Ok lets not live in the past..What was the NRLs lowest crowd this year vs the AFLs lowest crowd?

chemical said:
Im sure the average is more important than the highest crowd. Anyone would agree with that.

Collingwood and Essendon will pull more than an NRL game has EVER drawn in Melbourrne. Your point?

Ok lets not live in the past..What was the NRLs lowest crowd this year vs the AFLs lowest crowd?

87,000 went to an Origin game in Melbourne in 1994. You wish to retract your comments?

AFL drew a crowd that was documented to be 3,200, even though the AFL posted 6,800 for a game at Manuka earlier this year. I can verify that, it was straight from a mates mouth that works at the venue. Lowest NRL crowd was 5,800 for a game at Leichhardt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MoffOnTou said:
Folders? hahaha....you tool. Listen up buster, I've been a member here for 2 years longer than you...so please, know your position on the food chain
You've been trolling for 2 years? ******** me. You must be worried about the state of RL in Sydney and Brisbane. :D

MoffOnTou said:
87,000 went to an Origin game in Melbourne in 1994. You wish to retract your comments?
Fair point, but why dont they play origin in Melbourne now?

MoffOnTou said:
AFL drew a crowd that was documented to be 3,200, even though the AFL posted 6,800 for a game at Manuka earlier this year. I can verify that, it was straight from a mates mouth that works at the venue. Lowest NRL crowd was 5,800 for a game at Leichhardt
Too bad, offical is offical. Im sure the NRL hasnt made up crowd figures before :rolleyes: . Remember the 300 odd people to a Cowboys game?

chemical said:
Fair point, but why dont they play origin in Melbourne now?
It was only ever a Sydney game that was held on Melbourne, but now due to agreements with Telstra Stadium to stage 2 Origin games at the venue every 2nd year, it wont happen. Although I reckon it would be great for Telstra Dome to get an Origin. But Brisbane has never and will never give up one of their games!

MoffOnTou said:

What a crock of ********, research done at the time, showed bus loads, plane loads etc etc of NSW/QLD RL supporters going to Melbourne to watch the game, as well as expatriates, how come they dont play down there now eh?

They all wanted to see a RL at the MCG, interviews around the ground on the telly, they didn't find one True AFL/Victorian fan at the game.

steviewonder36 said:
What a crock of ********, research done at the time, showed bus loads, plane loads etc etc of NSW/QLD RL supporters going to Melbourne to watch the game, as well as expatriates, how come they dont play down there now eh?

They all wanted to see a RL at the MCG, interviews around the ground on the telly, they didn't find one True AFL/Victorian fan at the game.

So 87,000 expatriates/non victorian fans were at the game?

Brother, you make me laugh. Your comment about the 'AFL/Victorian' fan is both humourous and also highlights the typical attitude of a Melbournian to any sport that is not AFL. Pity, as all sports have there good features, including AFL

I don't troll seriously, i merely take the ********. Take it or leave it

NRL makes up crowd figures? :eek: Naaaaaa..... :D

MoffOnTou said:

Why live in the past when we can live with facts such as those above :)

The problem is the Gabba only holds so much. I think everyone would agree if the Gabba could seat 60k or more then there would be a good chance of filling it as the seats to the St Kilda match sold out in 22 minutes. I think your statement is subjective given that the games are played at a much smaller capacity venue.

cheers

Dave

MoffOnTou said:

Why don't we compare crowds of the Bears when they came to Qld with the Western Reds when the RL thought they could compete in AFL heartland, or the Adelaide Rams for that instance. Which comp do they play in now. Probably the same one that the Melbourne Storm will end up in, I think they are only averaging about 8,000 per game, including the freebies that are thrown out there too.

Go and waste your time on a RL board. PLEASE!!!!

littleduck said:
It was only ever a Sydney game that was held on Melbourne, but now due to agreements with Telstra Stadium to stage 2 Origin games at the venue every 2nd year, it wont happen. Although I reckon it would be great for Telstra Dome to get an Origin. But Brisbane has never and will never give up one of their games!

What a load of ********. RL SoO died in the arse in Melbourne once the novelty wore off.

Can you see the pattern here:

Date:8-Jun-1994 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 87161

Date:31-May-1995 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 52994

Date:11-Jun-1997 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 25105

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/soo/soo_idx.html

Beaussie said:
What a load of ********. RL SoO died in the arse in Melbourne once the novelty wore off.

Can you see the pattern here:

Date:8-Jun-1994 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 87161

Date:31-May-1995 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 52994

Date:11-Jun-1997 Venue:M.C.G. Attendance: 25105

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/soo/soo_idx.html

And those last two figures were minus the super league players. A massive kick in the pants for promotion wouldn't you think?

MoffOnTou said:

One game, the Gabba has been stretch to capacity several times, and will be against St Kilda yet again in the high 30 K. The Gabba will have a capacity in the future of 42K, whilst lang park has mid 50's. When are the Bronco's going to push the capacity of lang park????????????

Rob said:
As i've explained to you before Joffaboy, the St Kilda v Brisbane game was NOT the highest rating game of the year, because in Perth it was shown on Fox, and about 400,000 people watched the derby on 10 that night. Consequently, of the 1.4 million or so people (which is the highest rating AFL slot this year) that watched Saturday night AFL on Channel 10 that night, only about 1 million of them were watching St Kilda v Brisbane.
Around 1.2 million people watched Brisbane v Collingwood, which AFAIK remains the highest rating game of the year.

Out of interest, what is the 3rd highest rating game?

Sorry never caught that the first time Rob. You may well be right nationally. I was quoting Victorian figures (sorry very provincial of me). The other quote about third highest was St.Kilda v Essendon, again Vic figures.

But as we all know Victoria is all that matters anyhow ;)

Crooked Rain said:
And those last two figures were minus the super league players. A massive kick in the pants for promotion wouldn't you think?

Always an excuse.

Facts are that RL is almost dead in Melbourne and is officially dead in SA and WA, while AFL is thriving in Brisbane and also going great guns in Sydney.

Comparing the Bronco's in Brisbane with the Lions is highly amusing. Especially with the bum sniffers trying to "talk up" the Bronco's. Ha how ludicrous.
Can anyone seriously ever consider the same thing happening in Melbourne.
"Oh Collingwood v Essendon is going to get 15'000 more than Storm v Bulldogs"

Lololololololol - will never ever happen.

Just shows how threadbare the arguments of the sniffers are.

Also highly amusing how they infiltrate the AFL forum to try and talk up their p !ss weak game.

Wonder if BigBumsniffer, the rl BF equivilent has 10,000 members :D

Remove this Banner Ad

SE Qld RL heartland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back