Official Match Thread Season 20 Round 7 - East Side Hawks v Sin City Swamprats at Waverley Park (Sun Night)

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 7 of the SFA was another action packed season, filled with controversy. One of the competitions most controversial sensations occurred when the Southern Sharks defeated the Roys in a final, only to be penalised 5 goals for late team submission, reversing the result. The Sharks would lose their next final and bomb out the series.

The Koalas and Titans folded, however the Southern Sharks and the AFL All Stars were added to the league to leave 12 teams plaing for premiership glory.

Season 7 was also the first season for the name West Coast Wonders (#lolwonders), when the Wonders went from the Seventh Wonders to the West Coast Wonders.

Some fun facts for season 7:

Administrator - Frankston Rover
Preseason Winners - Geelong Gumbies 11.9.75 def Alberton Swamprats 10.9.69
B&F - Rooboy_74 (Bigfooty Dragons)
LEading Goalkicker - McPHEE_IS_A_GUN (Sharks) with 64 goals
Minor Premiers - Fighting Furies (15-7)
All SFA - no record found

Grand Final - BigFooty Bombers 18.18.126 def. Fighting Furies 18.12.120
Deestroy Medal - ant555 (Bigfooty Bombers)

Frankston Rover reflects on Season 7.

- Season 7 was a difficult time. The Koalas and Titans folded with the Southern Sharks and AFL All-Stars (bot team) coming in. We had 12 clubs but most match threads were 2-3 pages. At the end of the season the Las Vegas Bears, Alberton Swamprats and the AFL AllStars folded. The Southern Sharks and the Dragons merged to form the Southern Dragons.

Even the Grand Final thread was only 4 pages:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...gfooty-bombers-vs-fighting-furies-mcg.372607/

- The Sharks lost a final because I forgot to submit my team on time. We then lost again the next week and went out in straight sets:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/index-to-controversial-matches.727660/#post-18276755

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/finals-round-1-sharks-vs-roys-shark-park.364092/

- I remember there was this logo:

- There was stellar media pieces like this:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...urst.306672/#post-6977713#OUXwrzlftFHoA2wc.97

- The Champions League was a series of matches played between 3 Fantasty Footy comps. It was a one off from memory. No idea who they were or who won!

Now back to this season:

The Hawks host the Swamprats in what should be an entertaining game. The Hawks winning a two point thriller last week against the Royals look to continue that form against a Swamprats team who had their momentum haltered by the Bears in a shootout. Prediction, whilst the Hawks are at home I think the Swamprats bounce back this week. Swamprats by 10 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamprats this week hey? This should be fun

#idontcare
#hashtags
#shift3
How is it down at East Side?
The visitors changerooms make Guantanamo look luxurious.

#blockedsewerage
#swampratsfeellikehome

Go team go.

Here you go Leet115 , we are up against the Hawks this week and are looking to bounce back after a disappointing loss last week.
We have a new player? Would you like to introduce Leet115 in our team thread?

Edit: Snap!

Swamprats this week hey? This should be fun

#idontcare
#hashtags
#shift3

The visitors changerooms make Guantanamo look luxurious.

#blockedsewerage
#swampratsfeellikehome

Feel like home?

You flew shazza over?

PS howdy hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, these threads get posted earlier and earlier. Last week is done. Now let's keep the past, for all intents and purposes, where it is.

Hello Hawks, hopefully this week we get more decent banter and less shit.

Anyways, seeing as I've never played you guys before you probably won't know who I am so I may as well introduce myself. None of you will care but I'll do it anyway :D. I'm Close Contest , rookie player for the Sin City Swamprats, prior to my recruitment I was touted as the Isaac Heeney of the SFA with my ability to take amazing overhead marks and kick goals from the boundary on both sides at training. However, I'm a very team-first player so I'm happy to play any role required of me, and that has involved warming the bench for the majority of this season so far. Here's to a fun match thread and a good game. :thumbsu:

I was touted as the Isaac Heeney of the SFA with my ability to take amazing overhead marks and kick goals from the boundary on both sides at training. However, I'm a very team-first player so I'm happy to play any role required of me, and that has involved warming the bench for the majority of this season so far
Sure you weren't drunk and touted by Dean Towers? :p

Well for their part I'd say it's enough but as much and as big the drainage as they like if it gets stuck it's useless :D

I suddenly feel like Spam
Help yourself
spam.jpg

I suddenly feel like Spam
don't let HaroLad know, he hates threads filled with posts, he'd rather no one post and just have the game simmed and that's it. I'd hate for you to have another thread dedicated to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 20 Round 7 - East Side Hawks v Sin City Swamprats at Waverley Park (Sun Night)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back