Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

News out of the Kennell last night with Wightman informing the players that he will be stepping down at the end of the season. Big loss to the club one would think especially if he doesn't play on there. Thurgoona should be looking at a profile coach now that can bring some players to push them back up again.

News out of the Kennell last night with Wightman informing the players that he will be stepping down at the end of the season. Big loss to the club one would think especially if he doesn't play on there. Thurgoona should be looking at a profile coach now that can bring some players to push them back up again.

Will he continue on as a player at the dogs?

Will the doggies be in the Hume league next year? Whats the word from inside the doggies camp?

would not be surprised to see box have another crack at the ovens and murray, either way hats off to a job well done boxhead, has been great for the doggies
how can you say job well done??? think about it- where is that club heading, making the finals 2 or 3 time since they came into the league is no achievment!! that club is in just as much trouble as the saints, and it is time for the saints to move to baranduda- sooner the better i think

4 rounds won't make any diffrence the coaches would already have an idea of who they'll pick. Speaking of coaches is there any confirmed movement in the coaching ranks for next year.

very true, but other leagues don't wait until there's a couple of rounds to go and then put their Team of the year out, they wait until the end of the season to do it.

btw who else is doing a team of the year?

how can you say job well done??? think about it- where is that club heading, making the finals 2 or 3 time since they came into the league is no achievment!! that club is in just as much trouble as the saints, and it is time for the saints to move to baranduda- sooner the better i think
i am saying a job well done, cos he was basically thrown into the role at short notice when brendan roberson resigned at the beginning of last year, he got them into the finals last year, and although they have dropped off this year i think he has done a good job, with a pretty in eperienced team, in saying that its the perfect time for the dogs to get some one of a high profile, who can get thurgoona on the way up....

Will the doggies be in the Hume league next year? Whats the word from inside the doggies camp?

The club had a chat with the NSW/ACT football, listened to what they had to say however will be staying put in the Tallangatta league. What was written into the paper is just a recommendation from an external consultant.

The Culphman does have a tendancy to 'play up' a situation like a daytime soap opera. The way he was wandering around when it happened saying "I'm done, I'm done, my season over.." thought he may of had to have it amputated :D. Obviously his recover skills assisted by his side kick 'Muscles' Mulholland's strict diet and healthy living routine have enabled a quick recovery.

Mulholland hey that last name is familiar:thumbsdown:. Is that the skinny battler at best who has been weeded out of every club he's played at due to bad behaviour and disciplinery reasons?:eek:
If it is Big Al then i hope Culph is not on his diet or he might miss finals due to malnutrition and his leg won't even come into the equation. I'd reckon he takes better care of his body then 'Muscles' ever has as he is one of the fittest players out there:thumbsu:. Can play anywhere and is dangerous whenever the ball is in his area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mulholland hey that last name is familiar:thumbsdown:. Is that the skinny battler at best who has been weeded out of every club he's played at due to bad behaviour and disciplinery reasons?:eek:
If it is Big Al then i hope Culph is not on his diet or he might miss finals due to malnutrition and his leg won't even come into the equation. I'd reckon he takes better care of his body then 'Muscles' ever has as he is one of the fittest players out there:thumbsu:. Can play anywhere and is dangerous whenever the ball is in his area.

Don't know if Culphy would be the fittest :rolleyes:, no doubt reads the play well and is a dangerous player. I'll ask him Sunday when we're down at the Garro, no doubt he will fill me in on his injury and recovery progress which should fill in a good hour or so :D

Don't know if Culphy would be the fittest :rolleyes:, no doubt reads the play well and is a dangerous player. I'll ask him Sunday when we're down at the Garro, no doubt he will fill me in on his injury and recovery progress which should fill in a good hour or so :D

Confirmed from our 12-6 session Culphy no worries, kicked 6 and said Mitta for 6 in 2009 with him good self, playing anywhere from BP to sterting ruck, leading from the front of course. Apparently the Mitta heirachy finally agree with Culph to FF and McEvoy to FP, even on one leg he said surely Culph should be the focal point of the attack and not some bum who even the coach chews out at 3 quarter time for not being a 'team man':D. Only jokes there MM, but once again Mitta proving to be the all around yard stick in bush footy:thumbsu:. Question for Mitta men, why is Carty running around in the magoos, surely he can still play in the ones?

Confirmed from our 12-6 session Culphy no worries, kicked 6 and said Mitta for 6 in 2009 with him good self, playing anywhere from BP to sterting ruck, leading from the front of course. Apparently the Mitta heirachy finally agree with Culph to FF and McEvoy to FP, even on one leg he said surely Culph should be the focal point of the attack and not some bum who even the coach chews out at 3 quarter time for not being a 'team man':D. Only jokes there MM, but once again Mitta proving to be the all around yard stick in bush footy:thumbsu:. Question for Mitta men, why is Carty running around in the magoos, surely he can still play in the ones?

Catry still in magoos because he hangs around you on a sunday arvo in his moccies and rugbay shirt at the star

What has happened at Yack ??? New coach, new recruits, spent a fair big of kanga on new kangas (allegedly) and have been pretty disappointing. A big loss to a club they should be competitive with on Sat. What's the feeling out there boys ?

Latest ladder predictions:
Mitta 1st
Kiewa 2nd.
Whoever wins Chilt v Dederang in Rnd 18 will be 3rd & loser 4th.
Whoever wins Beechworth v Tallangatta in Rnd 17 will be 5th.
What a great finish !!

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious...Having a bloke who many considered to be one of the best backmen in the TDFL not too long ago running around in the 2s is just another thing that demonstrates the strength of that club. Very enviable position to be in (that and the fact they are going for 5 flags on the trot)

Also, I do agree that the black mockies, fluro red noggin and ginger beard is indeed a very classy look at the star on a sunday arvo!!! :D

Carty running around in the 2's prolly got something to do with the fact that he looks like he is on Stick Mulholland's diet. Shedding weight like he has been at a fat farm with Lance Whitnal not to mention that his decision making is as solid as Dale Carrol's back in 93 when he could actually get a kick even if that was possible back then. A bit off the mark if you are talking a start in that side with the back 6 pretty solid. Gets lost with the ball in the air and just cant have that in a quality side. Could probably get a run at Holbrook in the late game and take Dale Carrol's spot.

Full credit to KSC for bringing Richo back through the magoos. Hopefully they keep him there for 2 or 3 weeks to make sure the neck/back/hip/hammy/knee/ankle are ready for the rigours of senior footy. A handy bonus for their reserves who are struggling a bit at the minute.

What has happened at Yack ??? New coach, new recruits, spent a fair big of kanga on new kangas (allegedly) and have been pretty disappointing. A big loss to a club they should be competitive with on Sat. What's the feeling out there boys ?

I'm pretty sure jimbob21 (aka Roughy aka Gunerd Fanning aka shreky) should be able to let us know as he is on the coaching panel out their.

I can tell you the supposed "kanga" spent on new recruits was not as excessive as some suggest.
With season ending injuries to Winner (4 games), Hanson (8) and McNamara (5), coupled with injuries to Lillis (4 early in the season) Clayton (overseas for 2 games and injured 3) and a couple of others, it has been a disappointing year results wise without a doubt. In terms of "kanga", Yack has all recruits on a "no play no pay" basis. So, you do the sums of how much "wasn't spent". (Disclaimer- this by no means is a message that they will spend up next year either)
You sure wouldn't want to spend too much to finish 8th would you?

there all a bit too close at mitta i think

christ or mighty you mitta blokes like writing about your selves on here!!!
just come out of the closet and admit what we all already know....give it a rest you blokes- culph is no good anyway

I can tell you the supposed "kanga" spent on new recruits was not as excessive as some suggest.
With season ending injuries to Winner (4 games), Hanson (8) and McNamara (5), coupled with injuries to Lillis (4 early in the season) Clayton (overseas for 2 games and injured 3) and a couple of others, it has been a disappointing year results wise without a doubt. In terms of "kanga", Yack has all recruits on a "no play no pay" basis. So, you do the sums of how much "wasn't spent". (Disclaimer- this by no means is a message that they will spend up next year either)
You sure wouldn't want to spend too much to finish 8th would you?

Will Aaron Purcell be on the same deal if he is enticed back to Butson Park next season as rumours suggest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back