Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffiths played well in the second half and was amongst the teams best (playing in the backline),

Magic I see you boys had a huge win on the weekend, a bit of payback to what they did to you in the last quarter last year

Yeah was a good win, Mathoura are short this year so we will know a little more of where we are at this week. Hopefully all the Melb boys will play this week. How did you go? will you play much this year?

Jade Culph to miss rest of season with a fractured skull

Just speaking with the big boy, will play on with his injuries and not miss a game. He said it would take more than a serious head injury to stop him, i think he said a lesser man would have given it away. He is a tough, tough man :D

good 2 see mark 'cyril' jones get in the best again,his made a very solid start 2 to year,i have no doubt he'd b leading doggies b n f at this early stage.keep rockin the show young cyril

seriously, what a courages effort on his behalf. I was at the game Saturday and it was a sickening collision. Should have been carried off if the amount of blood was any indication. Walked off the ground and into the rooms, got bandaged up and then came back on 5 minutes into the last quarter with mitta up 10 goals.Was in the best and didn't have to come back on considering the situation so wouldn't be suprised if indeed he plays on for the rest of the year.

Its been very quiet on here fellas, Im a long time reader an follower of this page an have finally decided to join in discussion. Any rumors or player movement around the clubs at the min??

An very interesting in to see Roughy aka Gurnerd Fanning very quiet it was interesting reading his post they must have a media ban out at yack.
Whats goin on with your good mate jimbob21??

Anyone got any news on ash Sutherland and Camo?? Heard they are both going to be out for a long time with their knees. Can Kiewa cover them for however ong they're out??

Anyone got any news on ash Sutherland and Camo?? Heard they are both going to be out for a long time with their knees. Can Kiewa cover them for however ong they're out??

Not many teams could replace two players of this calibre and I dont believe KSC can. Ash is an amazingly versatile player who can play both tall and small and is clearly KSC's best defender. He also has the ability to play forward which is a huge bonus. In my opinion KSC dont have anyone who can effectively replace him.
Camo is obviously a massive blow up forward as he has freakish ability and immediately takes the best defender that the opposition has to offer (the smaller forwards at the club also feel much better knowing that they have a big fella like Camo nearby to put a block or shepherd on and/or stand up for them if things get physical). The obvious candidate to replace him (if this is possible) is Micko who is back training and played two's a fortnight ago. Micko didn't play on the weekend due to a wedding. Short arse Bone (sorry all you little fellas) would have been hoping to play Micko at CHF and Camo at FF later in the year as they did quite well last year. This may still be possible depending on the severity of the injury.
If Bone still wants two monster key forwards (and Camo misses the rest of the year) then I guess he will have to deal with Micko at CHF and Timmy Dineen at FF. This would be OK but nothing like as potent as the Camo/Micko combination.
From reading previous posts I believe SHIMMER is a KSC player who seems to have posted fairly honest messages to date, perhaps he can update us as to the severity of both Ash and Camo's knee injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From reading previous posts I believe SHIMMER is a KSC player who seems to have posted fairly honest messages to date, perhaps he can update us as to the severity of both Ash and Camo's knee injuries.[/quote]

Good guess Sunny I'm KSC through and through. Haven't had the chance to catch up with Camo or Ash at training but judging from Saturday, Camo very despondent and Ash looked ok. Camo maybe back late season, and Ash mid season?
Will keep you posted. But still Big Rob Petrovic back doesn't hurt. Tall forward line of Micko, RP and Big Timmy looks good to me with Jas Bartel, Scotty Bartel etc roving them!
Jack Rhodes, Josh Dicker (played 2's was awesome!!!) and Josh Bartel, Al Whitsed to come back in. Plenty of cover at Kiewa!!!

Good guess Sunny I'm KSC through and through. Haven't had the chance to catch up with Camo or Ash at training but judging from Saturday, Camo very despondent and Ash looked ok. Camo maybe back late season, and Ash mid season?
Will keep you posted. But still Big Rob Petrovic back doesn't hurt. Tall forward line of Micko, RP and Big Timmy looks good to me with Jas Bartel, Scotty Bartel etc roving them!
Jack Rhodes, Josh Dicker (played 2's was awesome!!!) and Josh Bartel, Al Whitsed to come back in. Plenty of cover at Kiewa!!![/quote]

If Camo does come back later in the year, how mobile will he be? His knees must be lik jelly. It's only 3 games in to the year and already he's struggling. Him and Richo are both like tampons - In for one, out for three.:D

If Camo does come back later in the year, how mobile will he be? His knees must be lik jelly. It's only 3 games in to the year and already he's struggling. Him and Richo are both like tampons - In for one, out for three.:D[/quote]

Very good call, an they would both be on good coin you would expect, very frustrating for everyone involved at Kiewa.
Makes their job a little harder in trying to hold that cup up come september after dropping it an handing it to mitta last year.

If Camo does come back later in the year, how mobile will he be? His knees must be lik jelly. It's only 3 games in to the year and already he's struggling. Him and Richo are both like tampons - In for one, out for three.:D

Camo has always been pretty good at recovering from Injuries, he is a tough bloke and seems to recuperate very quickly.
Anyone remember the Broken neck he had at wodonga, supposed to be gone for up to two years and was back playing after 6-8 weeks (sorry can't remember exactly)

Ash would be a huge loss, but looks like there is some big in's coming back for Kiewa. I think Shimmer should get down to training so he can get the inside word (looked like he needed a run last time I saw him ;-p)

The man they call Tim 'get outta my way' Kindellan here, I can tell ya all Ash needs a reco(obviously from todays paper) and we still unsure bout camo as he has been in Melbourne working and will see his surgeon on Monday.
Just a quick warning to my opponent for Saturday, the form I am in you might as well stay home:p

The man they call Tim 'get outta my way' Kindellan here, I can tell ya all Ash needs a reco(obviously from todays paper) and we still unsure bout camo as he has been in Melbourne working and will see his surgeon on Monday.
Just a quick warning to my opponent for Saturday, the form I am in you might as well stay home:p
your so full of shit your a good player but its called modesty

My dreaded day is here where I have been forced into retirement through yet another dislocated knee cap that has wrecked my knee again(you should all know who i am by now), which will take me to six ops on the one knee, in 4 years! Quick word to anyone that ever has to have knee surgery, dont get it done here go to Melbourne.

Good luck to all teams in 08

IHP:(

will be good test for KSC's depth losing camo and ash (who i rate as probably the best player in the comp). with them they've probably lost between 10-12 goals a game with what camo can kick and set up and what ash can save. But KSC reserves are a strong outfit and will be interesting to see if they can make the step up into the seniors.
Also fantastic to see Gunny making a comeback for the dogs today (shortest retirement in history) experience and leadership of the man will be invaluable.:thumbsu:

My dreaded day is here where I have been forced into retirement through yet another dislocated knee that has wrecked my knee again(you should all know who i am by now), which will take me to six ops on the one knee, in 4 years! Quick word to anyone that ever has to have knee surgery, dont get it done here go to Melbourne.

Good luck to all teams in 08

IHP:(
If it really is you Camo, all the best, most would have given up ages ago!
Thanks for the bump last week, woke up Sunday as if i had been hit by a truck! enjoy the cans of VB on the sidelines for the rest of the year.

got down to the Thurgoona-Mitta game on sat what a fantastic display of genuine country footy. Had everything hard but fair hits, the odd scuffle great physical contests. todays paper summerised it really well, bet there were a few sore boys from both sides yesterday.:thumbsu:

Mitta an Thurgoona was a very physical game but the mitta boys were just to classy!!
Any reports on other results?? most games went as predicted, Tallangatta had a great win agiainst Yack they look finals bound this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back