Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

yes thats why i had to by pass your club and head on a bit further up the highway it doesnt help when your players are out on the piss every friday night before a game saints need to have a hard long look at themselves

This has been a problem in the past, I don't think it happens anymore, but I could be wrong. If it is happening and I had my way they wouldn't be playing.
How do you know they are out on the piss? are you out with them?

corcaran is a sheep dog and is only dragging barny down. But i would also do that for $200 a game

Has battled with osteitis pubis as well but if Barny are prepared to offer 200 per game then why not take it and play in a winning side instead of gettin smashed in an undermanned Raiders 2s every week?

hey i caught the Chiltern/Thurgoona game yesterday may a say Chiltern look like a polished and well drilled side, who ran in nambers and Thurgoona looked like a rabble that rely on a few players. Cassidy boys dominated for the swans as did the young fellow dishot. Any coach watching the dogs would note that if your sto shut down miller and madden in there fwd line they struggle. Thurgoona's midfield i think one ther battle (Wightman and Mellier had heaps of footy) but couldn't get a score on the board. Other games seem like there were some good ones!

Just wondering. Do we have an interleague this year?
And just for fun who would make the team?
Will try to give a squad.

Mitta: McEvoy, Tom Paton, J & C Nelson, Tinkler, Culph
KSC: Rhodes, Kindellan, Jackson, Knight, Dineen, Jase Bartel
Thurgoona: Meiller, Maiden, Wightman
Chiltern: C, D & D Cassidy, T Symonds, Dickins
Barny: Cook, Withers, West, McNeil
Beecworth: T & E Halliday, Carey, Allen, Surrey
Yack: Fraser, J, K, E Roberts, Lillis, D, A Hansen
DMB: Mounsey, Elliot, Dalkin, Dicketts, McMartin
Wahgunyah: Vonarx, Rogers, Robins
Rutherglen: Thomson, Kay
Saints: Murphy, Jenkins, Woods, Butters
TV: Bradshaw, Mansell, Hansford, Jones, Pashley

I Know I've left blokes out but just trying to start conversation. This would obviously be a squad with more from some teams than others. Give your opinion and see how you go.
This does not take into account injured players either

I Know I've left blokes out but just trying to start conversation. This would obviously be a squad with more from some teams than others. Give your opinion and see how you go.

Surely Liam Clayton from Yack would be a starter, in the squad at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shimmer, why have you included West? You obviously rate him a bit. On form he wouldnt be in my side. Has kicked 7 this yr (5 against Rutherglen) and been in his sides best on one occasion.

I think you've done a pretty sound job on your squad shimmer. Of course there will be a few players you have missed out on etc but it's pretty impossible to name a perfect squad when you can only attend one match per weekend.

I believe Dasher Elliott strained his hammy on Saturday. This couldn't have come at a worse time for Dederang as the next 3 weeks will be their biggest games for the year playing Mitta, Chiltern and KSC - games that Dasher would have been very helpful in.

good effort by kay as he hasnt played for rutherglen since 06.

Shimmer, why have you included West? You obviously rate him a bit. On form he wouldnt be in my side. Has kicked 7 this yr (5 against Rutherglen) and been in his sides best on one occasion.

Dan West is a good player and when he has a crack in barnys top 6 which is why i put him in there and yes his ability to kick a bag didn't hurt. Once again all to create discussion so i'm happy with any criticism.

Sugar Ray, Whats happend to Beechworth? Haven't seen them play yet but they were looking the goods early on and fell away. Injuries? Drop of form? Better Opponents?

Dan West is a good player and when he has a crack in barnys top 6 which is why i put him in there and yes his ability to kick a bag didn't hurt. Once again all to create discussion so i'm happy with any criticism.
Shimmer surely you jest in regards to West.Played 2's this year from what i can recall.Surely you can't make the interleague squad if you can't make your clubs best 21.

Nicely done Shimmer, admittedly the list contains more names than form but you sure got the board talking!

Sugar Ray, Whats happend to Beechworth? Haven't seen them play yet but they were looking the goods early on and fell away. Injuries? Drop of form? Better Opponents?

I could go down the injury line, but everyone has them as well, same with Drop of form.

Early on we played Wodonga Saints, Wahgunyah & Thurgoona so we aren't getting ahead of ourselfs, we know we have to beat teams like Mitta, KSC & even Tallangatta this week who are in great form.

And I'll give credit where credit is do, Both Barny (who we played the week b4) & DMB were better teams on the day and thoroughly deseve both wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back