season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

mate o&m thirds isnt a great standard for the better kids to be pushing themselves. like anywhere the best kids will be pushed up, and if there good enough to be playing a higher grade in the O&M then go for it. but if there not going to be playing 2nds or 1sts on a regular basis then they're better off playing senior footy in the tdfl against more experienced footballers and physically bigger bodies

Congrats to simon and the kiewa boys.well deserved. :thumbsu:.
now its just a matter of getting back in the swing of things.pre-season gotta love it.

mate o&m thirds isnt a great standard for the better kids to be pushing themselves. like anywhere the best kids will be pushed up, and if there good enough to be playing a higher grade in the O&M then go for it. but if there not going to be playing 2nds or 1sts on a regular basis then they're better off playing senior footy in the tdfl against more experienced footballers and physically bigger bodies

O & M thirds is a lot faster and harder than you'd think, iv seen some pretty big hits layed on some of those boys, its alot more even than in tall 3rds.
some of these boys that go to play O&M thirds will get pushed up but its better for development, in my opinion, to see how O&M goes before you step up to play with men, experienceing a faster game with kids their own size to get their confidence up really helps later on when senior footy does come around!

Ive got to disagree with you on that one, i played O&M thirds for the whole season in 06 and i was one of the bigger blokes out there and wasnt getting much of a challenge after playing tallangatta league 3rds in 05 (where I was not a stand out by any means). I ended up playing state league footy this year but id reckon that i wouldve been better off playing against bigger bodies in TDFL seniors than playing that year in the O&M. thatyear in the 3rds probably slowed down my development somewhat

Good kids should be playing in the best under 18 comp in the region. They recieve a more intense preseason than any TDFL side, they have the opportunity to play representitive footy against other classy under 18's, they are expossed to the Bushrangers more often than a kid playing in the TDFL and if good enough they get the opportunity to play senior footy in the OM. Good kids that play out in the bush leagues suffer from big fish small bond syndrome.

Good kids should be playing in the best under 18 comp in the region. They recieve a more intense preseason than any TDFL side, they have the opportunity to play representitive footy against other classy under 18's, they are expossed to the Bushrangers more often than a kid playing in the TDFL and if good enough they get the opportunity to play senior footy in the OM. Good kids that play out in the bush leagues suffer from big fish small bond syndrome.

Totally disagree maybe playing in the thirds in the TDFL but we're talking about playing Senior footy against men.

I will guarantee you right now that a kid playing good senior footy in the TDFL or Hume league will be getting looked at just as much if not more by O & M clubs and the over rated Bushrangers program.

I bet my bottom dollar that a 18 year old kid that has played 2 or 3 years of senior footy in a country league would be better prepared for the next level then a kid playing in the O & M thirds for 2 or 3 years. You will also find a lot of the better 16,17 and 18 year olds are playing senior bush footy over thirds footy.

they're exactly my feelings on it. Playing against men is much better of for a kid in the long run when compared to other 18 year olds and will most likely fast track there development rather than hinder it. A senior pre season with a TDFL side is going to be much better for them than any 18s pre season, bulldogs are the only O&M 3rds side i can think of where they actually get the same numbers to a thrids training as they would to the seniors.

look at guys like dean terlich, Kade Klemke, Adam Schneider from the hume league, and then sam livingston who was also an outstanding junior in the TDFL. Would you tell those guys to forgo senior bush footy to play O&M 3rds?

for me the only reason you would send a kid to the O&M is if they are what would be a good bottom age player in the 18s, or if they had a real chance to play senior footy over there. obviously the guys i mentioned before wouldve played O&M 1sts but you know where im coming from.

Totally disagree maybe playing in the thirds in the TDFL but we're talking about playing Senior footy against men.

I will guarantee you right now that a kid playing good senior footy in the TDFL or Hume league will be getting looked at just as much if not more by O & M clubs and the over rated Bushrangers program.

I bet my bottom dollar that a 18 year old kid that has played 2 or 3 years of senior footy in a country league would be better prepared for the next level then a kid playing in the O & M thirds for 2 or 3 years.

You will also find a lot of the better 16,17 and 18 year olds are playing senior bush footy over thirds footy.

Overatted Bushranger program are you kidding? - its the best program for under 18 players in the area - what a small minded comment!

You don't see many come to the ovens and murray and have much of an impact. They may be able to play good TDFL football becasue thats what they've learnt to play, not many take the next step - although i'm sure you can name a handful.

Turn it up if you put a country 16, 17, 18 side together and played it against a represntitive o and m under 18 side they would get smashed by a fitter more skillful side.

Overatted Bushranger program are you kidding? - its the best program for under 18 players in the area - what a small minded comment!

You don't see many come to the ovens and murray and have much of an impact. They may be able to play good TDFL football becasue thats what they've learnt to play, not many take the next step - although i'm sure you can name a handful.

Turn it up if you put a country 16, 17, 18 side together and played it against a represntitive o and m under 18 side they would get smashed by a fitter more skillful side.
thats a big call but we would never know that one. Yes the bushranger program has its advantages and disadvantages but it isn't the be all and end all for junior footballers, which they make it out to be.
For the amount of footballers that go on to be better things they lose the same amount to the game because they become dissillusioned of been fed through the ringer then spat out after being told there not good enough. or these guys become simply worn out, and becvome sick of footy.

thats a big call but we would never know that one. Yes the bushranger program has its advantages and disadvantages but it isn't the be all and end all for junior footballers, which they make it out to be.
For the amount of footballers that go on to be better things they lose the same amount to the game because they become dissillusioned of been fed through the ringer then spat out after being told there not good enough. or these guys become simply worn out, and becvome sick of footy.

The bushrangers program is about as good as any program that can be created too try and find and develop the BEST local footballers and turn them into AFL players. The system is a very tough cut throat system where alot of young men get told the truth some kids handle this well others don't, however if they don't get told by the bushrangers staff they are going to find out anyway.

As for what should happen with the top TDFL kids and playing O&M thirds or TDFL seniors it depends on the individual kid some kids develop big strong bodies at a young age and can handle the physical pressure that is brought on by the small grounds, wet conditions and general style of play in the league, other kids who may be the more athletic running type player would be better suited to the bigger grounds and open footy of the O&M or hume league for that matter, every kid is different and a jugdement on where they should play should be their own decision which is specific to where they are at ability and body wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hear brendan wilson is getting himself fit and is going back to mitta, could be a nice little pick up?
Would be a handy pick up but the chances of him getting fit are slim to none especially considering he lives with the great man sammy hodgkin

Why is wodonga saints playing a home match against mitta at bethanga next year? That is a backwards and desperate step if i have ever heard one.
Those clubrooms were 3rd world when Bethanga F.C. were there regularly.
Imagine what the place would be like now!

Why is wodonga saints playing a home match against mitta at bethanga next year? That is a backwards and desperate step if i have ever heard one.
Those clubrooms were 3rd world when Bethanga F.C. were there regularly.
Imagine what the place would be like now!
WOW!!:eek::eek: round 3 all on a sunday, bold but a good move for the league.

looks like Tallangatta have picked up a few good players and with their local boys they could definitely be a strong competitor for the 09 flag

Riddo i think his name is putting in a big pre season just one of the local boys at Tallangatta looking the goods alongside frase who should be handy, a very consistent player

No doubt Tallangatta will be in the running this year. losing close to many and gaining many including late signing Gorupic. With local boys Andrew Wood, Scott Gigiotti Luke fraser etc. totally agree daisy. Riddo will star and step up for the hoppers this year. His old man was a star footballer and he will play a key role and be a stand out in the TDFL this year. Hoppers for 09

I was wondering is this the Tallangatta & District football league discussion or just Tallangatta F.C discussion? next u'll put up a "They know we're comming" thing like Carlton has done.

Talk up ur club as much as u want but Ill find it funny when they don't live up 2 the expectations in 09

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back