season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

i havent known the boys that long so i can't comment on there junior days in wodonga, but to say they underachieved is a bit harsh, taking into account the games they played in wodonga thirds was after playing the previous day at yack, so they can be expected to be a little flat, and you are right in tdfl is no wear as near as good a comp as o&m, but as young fellas playing in the seniors getting a fairly decent workout each week. Even yourself would agree that senior tdfl is alot more physical than o&m thirds, and to say they underachieved in that grade is almost insulting as the were a breath of fresh air into a team of underachievers that will do not much better this year.

I can only comment on what I have witnessed, and thus is only my opinion, the underachieving statement was leveled at Yack, and I do agree on tdfl firsts being a strong hitout for a young bloke, all the best for Yack this year.

Vyner is related to Amery, who got him a job with the 'Fish' John Tuenon!

Spoke to big Frase the other day, told me he was coming back in April. Mitta would have to be stoked with that, as his shoes would have been hard to fill.
Seems all is not lost up in the Valley..:thumbsu:

Is it too much to suggest they could make the GF again?:confused::confused::confused:

They've already had their Tonka toys out - check out the photo gallery on the website www.thurgoonafc.vcfl.com.au . You wouldn't reckon they both failed sandpit in their early scholastic careers.

No doubt Danny would have been directing traffic, I hear he hasn't touched a tool in years so he may not of known which end of the shovel to use, and as for Gus, he has always been able to carry out the dirty work, a certain Osborne full forward could vouch for that :D.

Ordinary result in the Wodonga Night Series for the Tigers last night. Granted Culcairn are a top line Hume League outfit, but they had plenty of stars missing. Did Barny have a full side in ? Who was missing ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinary result in the Wodonga Night Series for the Tigers last night. Granted Culcairn are a top line Hume League outfit, but they had plenty of stars missing. Did Barny have a full side in ? Who was missing ?
Barny had a thirds side in, but saying that it could be all they have with no signings and a lot of top players moving on.

who won last night at Martin Park? Tall or Dogs? score? newcomers?

Tallangatta won - 11 goals to 3, good physical game of footy and skills not bad in the wind. Wodonga's better players were their experienced guys like Maher, Macey and Stewart, hoppers had good spread of players - Pashley, Fraser, Russell, Jones

who won last night at Martin Park? Tall or Dogs? score? newcomers?

Tallangatta by about 8 or 9 goals. Moved the footy real well. Got pretty physical though(a couple of dust ups & late hits) between a few of the ex Wodonga boys & current doggies. Beechworth & Chiltern scrappy crappy footy. Gonna be a long season for Chiltern.

Tallangatta & Doggies real good hard footy to watch.

I notice the clearances can now be viewed online via the TDFL website. Surely that should generate some discussion. Any surprises ? www.tallangattadfl.vcfl.com.au .

You would think AP someone's got some news regarding practice matches, gains or losses! No surprises for mine....
My summation with only few weeks til kick off:
Tallangatta big improvers '09, still Kiewa should be the favourites in my opinion from what ive seen and heard. Mitta (as always) around the mark with DMB. Dogs to improve. Wahgunyah push for finals. Unsure of Beechworth. Yack picked up some handy players for sure, but wont match who they lost. The rest in a battle towards the bottom.
Ladder: Kiewa, Mitta, Tall, DMB, Thur, Wah, Yack, Beech, Barny, Cats, Chilt, Saints

You would think AP someone's got some news regarding practice matches, gains or losses! No surprises for mine....
Tallangatta big improvers '09, still Kiewa should be the favourites in my opinion from what ive seen and heard. Mitta (as always) around the mark with DMB. Dogs to improve. Wahgunyah push for finals. Unsure of Beechworth. Yack picked up some handy players for sure, but wont match who they lost. The rest in a battle towards the bottom.
Ladder: Kiewa, Mitta, Tall, DMB, Thur, Wah, Yack, Beech, Barny, Cats, Chilt, Saints
not bad Boony i'll have a crack at it.
Ladder: Tallangatta,Kiewa,DMB,Thur,Wah,Mitta,Yack,Barny,Beech,Chilt,cats, saints.
Wahgunyah will be the big improvers with Thurgoona. Mitta will slip tallangatta obvious favourites kiewa won't be as strong but will be there abouts. Bottom 3 may cause an upset but are a long way off.

On a side note drove past Thurgoona the other day and noticed the turf being layed on the ground extension. must be satisfying for the Committee out there to be finally getting some results for the hard work and the lobbying they have had to do to get the ground to this stage. Big :thumbsu::thumbsu: to all involved. Especially Run Straight and Almost Done Top Job

Interesting look, Ill have a crack

Ladder: Tall, DMB, Kiewa, Mitta, Barny, Yack, Thur, Wah, Beech, Chil, Ruth, Saints.

Give Tall the nod over DMB, the hoppers looked to have recruited very well and the hunger to preform may give them an edge. Kiewa and Mitta, despite both losing players, will both be around the mark again. Barny are my darkhorses for the year, I reckon they will be a force come finals time. Yack, Thur and Wah to miss finals, with Beech, Chil, Ruth and the Saints struggling in 2009.

Time to piss off the cricket and bring on the footy season!

Ladder: Tall, DMB, Kiewa, Mitta, Barny, Yack, Thur, Wah, Beech, Chil, Ruth, Saints.

Give Tall the nod over DMB, the hoppers looked to have recruited very well and the hunger to preform may give them an edge. Kiewa and Mitta, despite both losing players, will both be around the mark again. Barny are my darkhorses for the year, I reckon they will be a force come finals time. Yack, Thur and Wah to miss finals, with Beech, Chil, Ruth and the Saints struggling in 2009.

You are shitting me are you not localjedi? With Barny's losses which are more that significant and thier gains which I'm led to believe almost border on ridiculious I can't seriously understand how they are a top five side. In the words of Pauline Hanson....."please explain?"
Changing the subject though, you would almost feel sorry for Tallangatta really with the amount they are spending on a side that they believe will deliver them a premiership! You are buying Wodonga reserves players and a North Albury rserves player at a squilion dollars a game.
For me Kiewa are the bench mark having won the last flag and playing awesome football with Mitta probably still an equal favourite having won four and a runner up in five years and realistically a quality side.

Having said that I think the boys at Thurgoona won't disgrace themselves this year. Box has left the place in good shape both on field and off with Danny Hargreaves charging into a club that is keen to play finals football.
The lads have recruited well with a lot of new faces joining the club not only in the senior ranks but also the juniors!

Go the doggies!
And finally what was once heralded as the laughing stock of the league could soon be considered the MARQUEE ground of the league by years end with the happenings going on at the Kennel! For those of you that aren't up to date head on over to http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-6200-80941-0-0 and check out the photo's.

You are shitting me are you not localjedi? With Barny's losses which are more that significant and thier gains which I'm led to believe almost border on ridiculious I can't seriously understand how they are a top five side. In the words of Pauline Hanson....."please explain?"
Changing the subject though, you would almost feel sorry for Tallangatta really with the amount they are spending on a side that they believe will deliver them a premiership! You are buying Wodonga reserves players and a North Albury rserves player at a squilion dollars a game.
For me Kiewa are the bench mark having won the last flag and playing awesome football with Mitta probably still an equal favourite having won four and a runner up in five years and realistically a quality side.

Having said that I think the boys at Thurgoona won't disgrace themselves this year. Box has left the place in good shape both on field and off with Danny Hargreaves charging into a club that is keen to play finals football.
The lads have recruited well with a lot of new faces joining the club not only in the senior ranks but also the juniors!

Go the doggies!
And finally what was once heralded as the laughing stock of the league could soon be considered the MARQUEE ground of the league by years end with the happenings going on at the Kennel! For those of you that aren't up to date head on over to http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-6200-80941-0-0 and check out the photo's.

MARQUEE ground....the photos look good & full credit to you for getting something done to the ground, but my question is - how much bigger is it going to be? Cause by the pics it wont be that much and as we all know it was a matchbox size ground to start with. And what about parking? Seems as if there will be even less than before, what will that do for crowd numbers on a wet day.
Your comments on Tallangatta could not be further from the truth - a squillion dollars hey.... The hoppers would spend less than so many other clubs you would be so so suprised. DMB spending more on their coach than hoppers have for last 6 years. And you know what happens when you get some players that have mates, well...... they want to play together at one club and this is what has happened here with Wodonga boys.
Premeirship is the furthest thing from hoppers mind at the moment, but being competitve is, playing talented youngsters & improving the club as a whole which Thurgoona is continuing to do. We should hope for a even, tough high standard competition, where every team goes well. Dont feel sorry for Tallangatta as we at hopper land know the full story and will continue to provide a safe fun place for the community to play & watch the great game of Aussie rules.

Wesley "Wiz" Jarvis, are you still hanging around you twerp? Very interesting analysis.

The Dederang boys are continuing to train hard and look set to sign Paul Stefani to play a key forward position and we can confirm the signing of past premiership onballer/flanker Gibson (sorry boys i cant remember his first name)

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back