season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts exactly terrible decision from a club desperate to go forward

Well since 2005 Wodonga has won 10 out of 66 games so them looking for a change might be the way to go. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just want to know why you guys are so down on Romma as a coach?

I know I might be a bit bias since I've had him as a coach for the last 2 years but Give the guy a chance & if he fails...... he fails.

Well since 2005 Wodonga has won 10 out of 66 games so them looking for a change might be the way to go. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just want to know why you guys are so down on Romma as a coach?

I know I might be a bit bias since I've had him as a coach for the last 2 years but Give the guy a chance & if he fails...... he fails.
has already failed there sugars. as you will know the failure not to make the finals the previous 2 years with a side of reasonable quality such as Beechworth proves that he probably isn't the best option for the Saints. In saying that he probably was there last option which is more than likely.

I haven't been following what is happening at the Saints much but I know we did have an Army guy sign sealed and delivered but he pulled the pin at the last minute. Any signing at this stage is a good signing for the Saints. Only winning 4 games over the last 2 seasons and not having heaps of coin to throw around doesn't give us much bargining power.

Its a shame Wodonga Saints cant shake off the Bethanga stigma.
They are trying to re-brand the club but for some reason still are copping the same old percieved "Bethanga" issues.

The TDFL "old guard" (Tallangatta, Mitta, KSC etc) still see Wodonga Saints as "Bethanga" for some reason, and it's not fair on a club trying to make a fresh start.

has already failed there sugars. as you will know the failure not to make the finals the previous 2 years with a side of reasonable quality such as Beechworth proves that he probably isn't the best option for the Saints. In saying that he probably was there last option which is more than likely.

Ur half right there RHG, Maybe last year we should have played finals, but as I recalled in 2007 most people on this website & in the border mail picked Beechworth to finished second last cause of all the players we had losted at the time & Our ground out of action until halfway through the season.

heard a rumour the Kim Mckillehly who has coached a handfull of clubs in the western lgs is a chance for the job at saints, also head if he signs that will get ex yarra ruckman steve church will be joining the saints early in the season

heard a rumour the Kim Mckillehly who has coached a handfull of clubs in the western lgs is a chance for the job at saints, also head if he signs that will get ex yarra ruckman steve church will be joining the saints early in the season

Suggest you get hold of a copy of Wednesday's Border Mail there sidey, the whole coaching staff was in there, McElhinney coaching the 2's after they knocked him back for the senior job in preference to Romeril. Steve Church is his wife's brother tho and possibly a chance to play.

Don't make me laugh. Tallangatta talk up their recruits every year. Don't fool yourselves they are not the favourites they are going nowhere. They won't even make finals. Mitta, Kiewa and Barny may have lost a few but they will still be up there along with Beechworth and look out for Thurgoona they have a new coach

just read on the Hume thread that Ian Maiden has joined Howlong is this true?? If so it's a bit of a surprise knowing that he wanted to pay the club back for a disappointing 2008

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't make me laugh. Tallangatta talk up their recruits every year. Don't fool yourselves they are not the favourites they are going nowhere. They won't even make finals. Mitta, Kiewa and Barny may have lost a few but they will still be up there along with Beechworth and look out for Thurgoona they have a new coach

Big call this far out BTP, from what i hear the Hoppers have picked up more than lost and they did make finals last year so dont laugh to loud as these things tend to bite you, tho you may be right, time will tell. So is the new Dog's coach going to do it all by himself to get them back to finals or will there be someone else to look out for?

Big call this far out BTP, from what i hear the Hoppers have picked up more than lost and they did make finals last year so dont laugh to loud as these things tend to bite you, tho you may be right, time will tell. So is the new Dog's coach going to do it all by himself to get them back to finals or will there be someone else to look out for?

look for a more consistent thurgoona outfit this year. have orready recruited a number of players including a couple of key positions with recruits having played seniors elsewhere including some club b+f winners. also had 5-6 17 yr olds who played seniors for the first time last year who will have benefited and now look really good in pre-season. should be a top 5 side but wont know until season starts

i hear tallangatta have lost thwaiter, nick holmes, and ben doyle! have they recruited a ruckman? and is jo pash goin around again or is he playing elsewhere?

look for a more consistent thurgoona outfit this year. have orready recruited a number of players including a couple of key positions with recruits having played seniors elsewhere including some club b+f winners. also had 5-6 17 yr olds who played seniors for the first time last year who will have benefited and now look really good in pre-season. should be a top 5 side but wont know until season starts

i hear tallangatta have lost thwaiter, nick holmes, and ben doyle! have they recruited a ruckman? and is jo pash goin around again or is he playing elsewhere?

Good to hear Boon, got any of those recruits names for all of us here on Big Footy?
Yes Thwaites & Doyle have gone to Melb, so wont play for hoppers. Holmes is staying and right to go. J Pash is playing again.

Good to hear Boon, got any of those recruits names for all of us here on Big Footy?
Yes Thwaites & Doyle have gone to Melb, so wont play for hoppers. Holmes is staying and right to go. J Pash is playing again.

good news for the hoppers cos from wat i saw last year nick and pash key players for the hoppers.
i dont know if any names would help but the bigfooty members may have heard of a couple. they Way family will be well represented this season with Jake from Berrigan (b+f winner), and bro's jeremy (griffith) and nigel both big units. couple of other guys who ill get back to u when they sign on the dotted line.
any other clubs signed any players post xmas?

good news for the hoppers cos from wat i saw last year nick and pash key players for the hoppers.
i dont know if any names would help but the bigfooty members may have heard of a couple. they Way family will be well represented this season with Jake from Berrigan (b+f winner), and bro's jeremy (griffith) and nigel both big units. couple of other guys who ill get back to u when they sign on the dotted line.
any other clubs signed any players post xmas?
good luck to the way boys hope two bob makes them play good footy jake is a very handy footballer that nos how to get his hands on it quality footballer bit like two bob great hands no foot skills when was the last time nigel way played go the dogs:D

Can anyone tell me how the following boys go:

Nathan Horsfall (ex Wodonga Saints)

Ryan Jenkins (Wodonga Saints)

Stuart Richards (a/a)

Chris Cottee (a/a)

Shaun Mann (a/a)

Jayson Tylee (a/a)

Sam Eaton (ex Mitta)

Joel Butler (Mitta)

Can anyone tell me how the following boys go:

Nathan Horsfall (ex Wodonga Saints)

Ryan Jenkins (Wodonga Saints)

Stuart Richards (a/a)

Chris Cottee (a/a)

Shaun Mann (a/a)

Jayson Tylee (a/a)

Sam Eaton (ex Mitta)

Joel Butler (Mitta)

Does a/a mean they have been in rehab?
Playing at Saints would b close 2 that i reckon.

Yeah, I hear that the Saints set up isn't real good. But even ordinary clubs have a few good players every once in a while. Am wondering how any of the mentioned players would go in a decent team?

Decent Team????? Dunno if you know but Joel Butler has won 2 flags in a team that had won 4 in a row, that is a decent team.....

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back