season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a bit of a summary of the ins & outs mentioned on this thread so far. Feel free to correct any you know as fact or make any additions, but if the following are incorrect, don't blame me, I'm only summarising what others have said:

Barny: Same coach Burgess (non-playing) In - Vyner. Out - McNeil, S Roach, Withers, Leahy, Cook, Jackson.

Beech: New coach Prichard (playing) In - ?? Out - ?? All quiet up there. New coach rumoured to be attracting some of Chiltern's young guns.

Chiltern: New coach Smith (non-playing) In - ?? Out - D Cassidy, Storey, Curtis.

DMB: Same coach Dicketts (playing) In - ?? Out - Mounsey.

KSC: Same coach Bone (non-playing) In - Sheather, Out - Hallinan, Bartel X 3, Kindellan, Rhodes, Cameron.

Mitta: Same coach Cohen (playing) In - ??, Out - Slater, Culph, Fraser, Nelsons.

Ruth: Same coach Sarau (non playing) In - Francis, Palabiski, J Thompson. Out - S Thomson.

Tall: Same coach Mathey (non-playing) In - Russell, Smith, Chilton, Kennedy, Arnott, Gorupic, Brain, Spink. Out - Thwaites, Doyle.

Thur: New coach Hargreaves (playing) In - Andrews. Out - Wightman, Maiden.

Wah: Same coach Rogers (playing) In - ??, Out - ?? All quiet on the western front.

Wod: New coach Romeril (non-playing) In - McElhinney, Church, Out - Horsfall, Jenkins, Richards, Cottee, Tylee.

Yack: Same coach Lillis (not sure if he plays) In - Fulton, Tapner, Clancy. Out - ??

Please add/delete as you see fit but let's get something going.
i guesswe will need to wait and see when the clearences open. Can anyone say when they do open, or where you can see them with the VCFL websites changing over to Sporting Pulse there doesn't seem to be a link

Wah: Same coach Rogers (playing) In - ??, Out - ?? All quiet on the western front.
In Terry Symonds (Chilt), Dallas Coleman (Last Played @ Rennie in?), Both Brunnenmeyers from Walla - one signed other training & yet to commit (not sure which one has signed) . Mitsy Smith has retired (at this stage)
Still talking to a few like every one else and have also picked up 3 or 4 from Griffith or Wagga area (Not sure who they are or how good)

Out Edwards & E Turnball (CDHBU), Renshaw(R'Glen) have lost a few of their kids who can play a bit to Corowa Rutherglen in the O&M not sure if they have signed though - Grantham, Lane etc and a few from their thirds who were coming through. Duryea off to / staying in Melbourne

i guesswe will need to wait and see when the clearences open. Can anyone say when they do open, or where you can see them with the VCFL websites changing over to Sporting Pulse there doesn't seem to be a link

Hey Box, clearances opened Feb 1 as usual, but waiting on the VCFL to update the Fixtures/Results & Clearances sections of the new websites. They tell me it won't happen till late March or April. At the moment, each club website administrator can only see the own clearances. No public access as yet.

Hey Box, clearances opened Feb 1 as usual, but waiting on the VCFL to update the Fixtures/Results & Clearances sections of the new websites. They tell me it won't happen till late March or April. At the moment, each club website administrator can only see the own clearances. No public access as yet.
sweet thanks always makes for interesting discusson when you can see the comings and goings of each club

hey i am moving to the albury area for uni, is there any clubs that could be a good place to go to?
Well a few uni students play for thurgoona its close to the thurgoona campus. i know of uni students that play for tallangatta and beechworth as well. just depends how much you want to travel

Just a bit of a summary of the ins & outs mentioned on this thread so far. Feel free to correct any you know as fact or make any additions, but if the following are incorrect, don't blame me, I'm only summarising what others have said:

Barny: Same coach Burgess (non-playing) In - Vyner. Out - McNeil, S Roach, Withers, Leahy, Cook, Jackson.

Beech: New coach Prichard (playing) In - ?? Out - ?? All quiet up there. New coach rumoured to be attracting some of Chiltern's young guns.

Chiltern: New coach Smith (non-playing) In - ?? Out - D Cassidy, Storey, Curtis.

DMB: Same coach Dicketts (playing) In - ?? Out - Mounsey.

KSC: Same coach Bone (non-playing) In - Sheather, Out - Hallinan, Bartel X 3, Kindellan, Rhodes, Cameron.

Mitta: Same coach Cohen (playing) In - ??, Out - Slater, Culph, Fraser, Nelsons.

Ruth: Same coach Sarau (non playing) In - Francis, Palabiski, J Thompson. Out - S Thomson.

Tall: Same coach Mathey (non-playing) In - Russell, Smith, Chilton, Kennedy, Arnott, Gorupic, Brain, Spink. Out - Thwaites, Doyle.

Thur: New coach Hargreaves (playing) In - Andrews. Out - Wightman, Maiden.

Wod: New coach Romeril (non-playing) In - McElhinney, Church, Out - Horsfall, Jenkins, Richards, Cottee, Tylee.

Yack: Same coach Lillis (not sure if he plays) In - Fulton, Tapner, Clancy. Out - ??

Please add/delete as you see fit but let's get something going.

Yack: In- Margery
Out- Condon (Qld) Cencic (Myrtleford) Winner, Dowling (Retired)
A. Hansen, D.Hansen, M. Doolan, A.Mcnamara (Howlong) T.Russell, B.Russell, E.Roberts (Bushrangers) Last 3 pending making the squad.

Yack: In- Margery
Out- Condon (Qld) Cencic (Myrtleford) Winner, Dowling (Retired)
A. Hansen, D.Hansen, M. Doolan, A.Mcnamara (Howlong) T.Russell, B.Russell, E.Roberts (Bushrangers) Last 3 pending making the squad.

If the Russell boys make the cut at the Bushies it's going to be a tough long year for Phil Bunn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goonas. (You should be carefull who you talk to, or who your mates talk to) You dont seem to be a fan of the Yackandanda boys anymore? I have noticed every post you have made is about is about Yackandandah, and in negitive way.

Just on the some TDFL in and outs, the mighty Rangers (Dederang) are hopefull of signing two Albury Tigers regulars in the next few days. Dicketts is hopefull this will lead to some more signings. Could the bombers take the next step this year?

no harm in trying to "make the cut", I just wonder if you made the cut? And have you played with or against the russell boys?

Just believe they are no way up to Bushies standard or to even be picked, many better options in the O & M and Im past making the cut myself LOL.

Hence if they made the cut I would believe that Phil Bunn would be in for a long year.....................

Goonas. (You should be carefull who you talk to, or who your mates talk to) You dont seem to be a fan of the Yackandanda boys anymore? I have noticed every post you have made is about is about Yackandandah, and in negitive way.

Just on the some TDFL in and outs, the mighty Rangers (Dederang) are hopefull of signing two Albury Tigers regulars in the next few days. Dicketts is hopefull this will lead to some more signings. Could the bombers take the next step this year?

Who are the ins & outs at Dederang so far RR ? Apart from Mounsey out to Raiders ? Any recruits signed yet, besides the potentials from Albury ?

D west from Barny looking like he could have an impact this year. has been getting himself fit..... Barny will need him too.

Just believe they are no way up to Bushies standard or to even be picked, many better options in the O & M and Im past making the cut myself LOL.

Hence if they made the cut I would believe that Phil Bunn would be in for a long year.....................
But garn u still didn't answer the other question did u ever play with or against the russell boys? Reason i ask is that i have seen them play quite a few times in yack thirds and in the 1's and i rate them very highly, and from what iv'e been told the boys have been working very hard in the chance that they "might make the cut".

How good are the doggies travelling at the moment???

Signed Danny Hargreaves up as coach. A+

Recruitd very well, only notable losses being Brett Wightman & Ian Maiden . A+

Ground development started yesterday, meaning a ground consistent with that of each and every ground in the comp. A+

Junior sides (U14 & U17) are looking tremendous with significant numbers at training. A+

Netball training is seeing awesome numbers that may see us joining outside competitions to keep players. A+

Thurgoona Football & Netball Club coming runner up in the state for NSW club of the year and winners of the South West Region Club of the Year Award in the Good Sports Club of the Year category.
This club is now looking to be one of the first if not the first accredited level 2 club in the Albury district in this worthwhile program.
Pretty good for a club that was considered nothing more than a piss wreck and a laughing stock little less than 4 years ago. A++

http://www.goodsports.com.au/

Off feild things are going along extremley well, on field players are asking to come here, companies are wanting to be part of our sponsorship.

"The first sign of a successfull club is what you do off the field and the rest will take care of itself"

GO THE DOGGIES!

But garn u still didn't answer the other question did u ever play with or against the russell boys? Reason i ask is that i have seen them play quite a few times in yack thirds and in the 1's and i rate them very highly, and from what iv'e been told the boys have been working very hard in the chance that they "might make the cut".

I have not played against them but have seen them play at Wodonga for years in juniors and thirds and do not rate them.
Playing thirds and seniors at Yack in the past year I do not believe qualifies as good footy, they have underachieved in both grades, and the games they played in thirds during the year at Wodonga.

Doggies are moving along well. Was important they signed a good coach and a genuine bloke to follow up on the work done by the previous coaches. No doubt the Dogs will be disciplined and fit as Two-bob (the 38 year old trapped in a 12 year olds body) won't be afraid to cut blokes who don't want to follow the team and club line. Hopefully the Dogs can put wins on the board again after a bit of a slide in 2008. Question Danny, are you still getting around in the old 'ruggers' or have you remodelled for 2009.

How good are the doggies travelling at the moment???

Signed Danny Hargreaves up as coach. A+

Recruitd very well, only notable losses being Brett Wightman & Ian Maiden . A+

Ground development started yesterday, meaning a ground consistent with that of each and every ground in the comp. A+

Junior sides (U14 & U17) are looking tremendous with significant numbers at training. A+

Netball training is seeing awesome numbers that may see us joining outside competitions to keep players. A+

Thurgoona Football & Netball Club coming runner up in the state for NSW club of the year and winners of the South West Region Club of the Year Award in the Good Sports Club of the Year category.
This club is now looking to be one of the first if not the first accredited level 2 club in the Albury district in this worthwhile program.
Pretty good for a club that was considered nothing more than a piss wreck and a laughing stock little less than 4 years ago. A++

http://www.goodsports.com.au/

Off feild things are going along extremley well, on field players are asking to come here, companies are wanting to be part of our sponsorship.

"The first sign of a successfull club is what you do off the field and the rest will take care of itself"

GO THE DOGGIES!

Hey Porch

It is good to see you excited about the prosepct of what the doggies can achieve, and very passionate about what we have achieved off field too.

However, lets hope that we can still be this excited come september, only time will tell.

I have not played against them but have seen them play at Wodonga for years in juniors and thirds and do not rate them.
Playing thirds and seniors at Yack in the past year I do not believe qualifies as good footy, they have underachieved in both grades, and the games they played in thirds during the year at Wodonga.
i havent known the boys that long so i can't comment on there junior days in wodonga, but to say they underachieved is a bit harsh, taking into account the games they played in wodonga thirds was after playing the previous day at yack, so they can be expected to be a little flat, and you are right in tdfl is no wear as near as good a comp as o&m, but as young fellas playing in the seniors getting a fairly decent workout each week. Even yourself would agree that senior tdfl is alot more physical than o&m thirds, and to say they underachieved in that grade is almost insulting as the were a breath of fresh air into a team of underachievers that will do not much better this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back