GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Went down to the bar this morning for breakfast and a few pots with some of the wildlife in Werribee and asked about a few of the boys.

Apparently McNicol and Morgan would have been easily best 22 in most WRFL finals sides but suffered a bit by not been 'pets'. Morgan played most of the season in the firsts as the number 1 ruck, only played 3 reserves games, all of which comprehensive BOG's. Will be number 1 ruck at Galvin Park. McNicol was pushed out by some new recruits and returning players but was very hard done by. Has Phipps's faith though, it is believed.

As for McIntosh, if fit, would be a walk up at Werribee's 1's. Unfortunatly added a few kegs over the last few years but rumour has it he is in the gym, hulked up and looking an absolute treat! Ripped apart a Div 1 senior Prelim a few years back so certainly has the ability. Should get a few more years out of him before retirement according to the lads at the bar.

Don't know much about Macsta and Morgs, though can only go off training and Macsta is very fit and has great skills and Morgs for a big bloke covers the ground very well. He is running in the big blokes group and is right up the front, so good signs there.

Think you are talking dribble about Mcintosh, he hasn't been to training and has been no talk of him playing with us.

bizza, Was told last night that a number of your better players were going to GFL clubs, any truth? Moreland was one of the names mentioned.

Also regarding comment above, spot on it really doeasn't matter what is said in December it all comes down to R18. Though we still like to talk some crap on here, keeps us entertained for a few minutes a day.

Spud Moreland will line up for Leopold in 2012. Chris is too young and too talented to be playing in our league, no matter what his attidude. he trained the last few nights with Port Melbourne i believe, and hopefully when he is done pushing himself higher he will return as the premiership captain he is.
Tobin maybe retired, is the only other premiership player that we believe wont be at the club.

other than that, a few top up signings will see us in a good position for a tilt at No.3.

Im sure WC, East and Inver will have something to say about that though :

Spud Moreland will line up for Leopold in 2012. Chris is too young and too talented to be playing in our league, no matter what his attidude. he trained the last few nights with Port Melbourne i believe, and hopefully when he is done pushing himself higher he will return as the premiership captain he is.
Tobin maybe retired, is the only other premiership player that we believe wont be at the club.

other than that, a few top up signings will see us in a good position for a tilt at No.3.

Who are the signings? from other leagues?

Any truth to the rumour that nth shore were after both symes and McNamara? Is Jovanovic going around again up at windy hill?

Any truth to the rumour that nth shore were after both symes and McNamara? Is Jovanovic going around again up at windy hill?

there were several guys looking at offers to play higher leagues, but my info has them all bar moreland still at the hill.

Jovanvic works for me, so if he knows whats good for him he will be in red and blue on saturday arvos.:)

have to keep an eye out for the signings.... I get in trouble talking on here as it is, but quietly confident the signings will more than make up for any losses.

Heard Shaun Kingwell has been offered good dough to play at Grovey. If he had his license it would be signed sealed and delivered.
But he doesn't have one !

Grgic plays for nothing. FACT.

BPH spent less than $60k on the football dept. this season, inc coaches and trainers. FACT.

I just spewed my guts up. There is NO WAY that BPH spent less than 60k on the football department. It makes me sick that someone would come on here to make a blatant lie to try and make the club look good, just quietly the two flags they have won speaks for itself. I dont think anyone cares how much money they spend. On the other hand, East have got a gambling issue, what they have done hasn't paid off.

Anyway, i'm sick of hearing of this money bullcrap, maybe start talking football.

North Geelong coach Darren Ryan - Will he play or just coach?
Bannockburn - Who is their new assistant?
Winchelsea - Challis Definitely gone?
Thomson - Spending a lot? Will both Forbes play or is Marcus past it?
Anakie - Gone again?
Geelong West - Is it all over? How long will they last?
East - Will spend again? Some good juniors though.
BPH - Class of a club - 3 in a row?
Inverleigh - New Coach any good? - Lost too many?
Belmont - Can they continue their end of season form?
Corio - ?????
Werribbee - Lots of hype again....

Let's talk about some of this.

I just spewed my guts up. There is NO WAY that BPH spent less than 60k on the football department. It makes me sick that someone would come on here to make a blatant lie to try and make the club look good, just quietly the two flags they have won speaks for itself

I'm VP.

$58,760.

what shocked me is we spent $8k on sportstape.

I just spewed my guts up. There is NO WAY that BPH spent less than 60k on the football department. It makes me sick that someone would come on here to make a blatant lie to try and make the club look good, just quietly the two flags they have won speaks for itself

I'm VP.

$58,760.

what shocked me is we spent $8k on sportstape.

Gday bizza. will bph have jnr teams next year? This must be the only concern up at the hill.

Gday bizza. will bph have jnr teams next year? This must be the only concern up at the hill.

Well east spent no more than 80k fact! But all the haters will come on and say that's bullshit. I guess I could believe the bph 60k claim. Although, what I can't believe is that grgic played (and coached) this year for nothing! Keeping in mind he had just coached a 100pt GF win the year before. Either he has rocks in his head spending all that time for nothing, he has been gifted a sweet job or it's just a blatant lie he played (and coached) for nothing.

Bottom line is we're all in it for success and some teams can get quality for less than what other teams can. We wouldn't be talking about blue west being on their death-bed if they were consistently playing finals!

Well east spent no more than 80k fact! But all the haters will come on and say that's bullshit. I guess I could believe the bph 60k claim. Although, what I can't believe is that grgic played (and coached) this year for nothing! Keeping in mind he had just coached a 100pt GF win the year before. Either he has rocks in his head spending all that time for nothing, he has been gifted a sweet job or it's just a blatant lie he played (and coached) for nothing.

I never said he coached for nothing! ;) but he definately gets no money for playing. he could have sat on the sidelines this year and received the same amount of money.

the haters get on here backed up by conversations on the piss about who's get what a game, and their lack of maths comes up with crazy figures on what teams spend. If they ever bothered to go to a club AGM its published for all to see what football dept's. spend on players and coaches.

DB - Biggest concern at BPH by a long stretch. we are trying our hardest to get an U12 team going for 2012, so much so that we are offering FREE football. we have a sponsor sorted who has already donated enough coin that any player starting with BPH's U12 team will not pay a cent to play, including receiving a playing jumper to keep.

the surrounding suburbs have a lot of families that may not be able to afford for their kids to play, hopefully this can help them help us by getting kids back to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said he coached for nothing! ;) but he definately gets no money for playing. he could have sat on the sidelines this year and received the same amount of money.

the haters get on here backed up by conversations on the piss about who's get what a game, and their lack of maths comes up with crazy figures on what teams spend. If they ever bothered to go to a club AGM its published for all to see what football dept's. spend on players and coaches.

DB - Biggest concern at BPH by a long stretch. we are trying our hardest to get an U12 team going for 2012, so much so that we are offering FREE football. we have a sponsor sorted who has already donated enough coin that any player starting with BPH's U12 team will not pay a cent to play, including receiving a playing jumper to keep.

the surrounding suburbs have a lot of families that may not be able to afford for their kids to play, hopefully this can help them help us by getting kids back to the club.

Its a start bizza. its very tuff on that side of town. will u have under 18's? I heard michael jennings is returning to east geelong?

S'n'D - Mcintosh is a White Dean Rioli. frustrates the hell out of everyone at HCFC because he could be a gun, just loves drinking a lot more than he loves jogging.

DB - the 18s we had are now too old, and we didnt have 16's, so we have no names to to call. hoping to start from 12's and work from there. not having a junior program killed our 18's due to them being forced in with our senior program, which intimidated a lot of the kids.

i havent been up the club long, but would I be right in saying the new bypass has sort of "cut off" the club from its community? feels like a big wall between the club and civilisation....

***no replies about BPH not being civilised!!

Justin diblasio, todd elsey, daniel gibbs and braydee watts all returning to osbourne park.. Some big ins for the pies..

The biggest threat that Todd elsey will bring for opposition clubs is the lack of pies left at the canteen after Todd goes through after spending a couple hours in the goal square for the 2s. Cameron Fletcher has left the magpies for red west and I can only assume he won't be the only one from North heading that way.

The biggest threat that Todd elsey will bring for opposition clubs is the lack of pies left at the canteen after Todd goes through after spending a couple hours in the goal square for the 2s. Cameron Fletcher has left the magpies for red west and I can only assume he won't be the only one from North heading that way.

Is brequet staying or heading back to ocean grove?

Geelong West, working hard to get 18s up in 2012 as part of a long term strategy. Jump onto footy geelong or gdfl website to see flyer, Info session This thursday 15th @ 6.30pm!

Hey bizza Heard anakie are raiding your good twos players with ther coach having connections with yous! Heard anything??

Have you seen McIntosh play? Or heard what type of footballer he is??

Lets just say he is all X FACTOR..... A highlight Reel!

Was around the corner at the nearby Social Club sinking a few ales and playing the slots on Monday night and happened to see the boys going past doing a gruelling run around the streets. Happened to see McIntosh with them.... Does this mean he is a signed sealed Centurion? Word was he was recording unbelievable times in the trials and looking jacked.

Also got word, but cant confirm, that a few of the Murphy boys have crossed over from Sunshine Kangaroos (also played at Hoppers) in the WRFL. Can't confirm if its Sean or Kieran but younger brother Ryan has been leading every run of the pre-season. Not sure how they went at Sunshine but only hearing good things...

Lets just say he is all X FACTOR..... A highlight Reel!

Was around the corner at the nearby Social Club sinking a few ales and playing the slots on Monday night and happened to see the boys going past doing a gruelling run around the streets. Happened to see McIntosh with them.... Does this mean he is a signed sealed Centurion? Word was he was recording unbelievable times in the trials and looking jacked.

Also got word, but cant confirm, that a few of the Murphy boys have crossed over from Sunshine Kangaroos (also played at Hoppers) in the WRFL. Can't confirm if its Sean or Kieran but younger brother Ryan has been leading every run of the pre-season. Not sure how they went at Sunshine but only hearing good things...
McIntosh was there at training last night 3km run wasn't to flash but moved well around the ground during drills lovely skills on both sides and is looking jacked.. Ryan Murphy is down training very fit lid skills not to good.

Remove this Banner Ad

GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back