Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting what Fev said last night on twitter: Brendan Fevola ‏ @BrendanFevola25
"I can say anything about #omfnl I don't play in that league yet. #haven'tsignedyet #stillhaventbeencleared"
If this is the case how can the O&M board possibly have thought it was the right thing to do to change the draw. Outrageous decision.

Interesting what Fev said last night on twitter: Brendan Fevola ‏ @BrendanFevola25
"I can say anything about #omfnl I don't play in that league yet. #haven'tsignedyet #stillhaventbeencleared"
If this is the case how can the O&M board possibly have thought it was the right thing to do to change the drble
Typical. It's only about 1 bloke. Another victory for the Tiges over Yarrawonga last night.

Waiting for the story to break in regards to the man of the moments antics on the night he trained in regards to a boat! Not everyone associated with the Yarrawonga F C is happy with Fevola

What you see is what you get. At the end of the day, the Fev has been a problem child at every club he has played for.Look at it,.... its only been a few weeks since Yarra announced the signing of the Fev.....the season has not even started and the shit that is going on is unreal with the Fev.

He only wants to play home games, yet is looking at playing one off games with other league/clubs, for big match fee appearances as Jason Akermanis is doing.

In addition to this ,he is going to particapate in the Dancing with the stars tv show.So big dollars for him here.

I must say that the Fev will be great for the league and for Yarrawonga, but will the committment last all season, for I feel that playing footy for the pigeons is not his most important priority.
Hopefully for Yarras sake, this is not the case.

Tatura Bulldogs d. Myrtleford
Raiders d. Mooroopna

The young Gorman boys have been going well for Yarra from all reports. Big step up from Picola but they have not looked out of their depth, both likely to start in seniors come round 1.

Pigeons play Echuca on Sat, they have apparently lost a heap from last years side so not sure how good they wil be.

Brad O'Connor has put in a big preseason and is raring for the season to start.

We all got a look at what the Border Mail panel of tipsters thought of the 2012 season, figure we might as well share our opinions as well. I'll go first!!

Top Five - Yarrawonga, Albury, Lavington, Raiders, Wangaratta
Grand Final - Lavington/Yarrawonga at Wang
Premier - Yarrawonga
Wooden Spoon - Myrtleford
Morris Medal - Shaun Daly back to back
Headline most likely to see - Fevola, Fevola, Fevola.... blah blah blah!!
Recruit of the season - Brett Doswell

Top Five - Albury, Yarra, Raiders, Lavi, Wang
Grand Final - Albury/Raiders
Premier - Albury
Wooden Spoon - Nth Albury
Morris Medal - Harley Ryan
Headline - Fevola Fizzles
Recruit of the season - Ed Barlow

Top Five - Albury, Raiders, Yarra, Lavi, Wang
Grand Final - Albury vs Raiders
Premier - Raiders
Wooden Spoon - Nth Albury
Morris Medal - Mark Doolan
Headline - Fev to miss a game because of dancing with the stars commitments.
Recruit of the season - Patty Rose

Top Five - Albury, Raiders, Yarra, Lavi, Wang
Grand Final - Raiders v's Yarra
Premier - Raiders
Wooden Spoon - Wang Rovers
Morris Medal - Harley Ryan
Headline - Fev no show........again
Recruit of the season - Ed Barlow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow! So now it is ok to change the draw! This is starting look really bad.

How can you be so against one change of for another?

That's right it suits their club!!

Totally different situation. Moving a game from a Sunday to Saturday is nothing like, Round 16 to round 1. Even player, coach and supporter would rather player Saturday!

Top Five - Raiders, Albury, Yarra, Lavi, Wang
Premier - Raiders (Rose kicks winning goal after siren)
Wooden Spoon - Corowa/Rutherglen
Morris Medal - Ben Davies
Headline - This year has become the best season in decades.
Recruit of the season - Patty Rose / Brant Dickson

Totally different situation. Moving a game from a Sunday to Saturday is nothing like, Round 16 to round 1. Even player, coach and supporter would rather player Saturday!
Yeah a good compromise. A little risky from Yarra's side of things though. If Fev gets injured and can't play those rounds the club will be at a loss one would think.

Top 5; Raiders, Albury, Lavi, Yarra, Maggies,
Grand Final; Raiders Lavi
Premiers; Raiders
W/Spoon; Dogs
Morris; Mackie
Strang; Rose
Headline: Fev walks out on Yarra
Recruit: stretton

Top Five - Raiders, Albury, Yarra, Lavi, Wang
Premier - Raiders (Rose kicks winning goal after siren)
Wooden Spoon - Corowa/Rutherglen
Morris Medal - Ben Davies
Headline - This year has become the best season in decades.
Recruit of the season - Patty Rose / Brant Dickson

Way off on the wooden spoon there mate. The roos were predicted to finish on the bottom last year and didn't with kids. If they do I will eat my words, but with Tiller and Henneman...cant see it happening

Its good to see in the border today that there are still players willing to play for nothing other than the jumper

Are you serious mate ???
This guy is a convicted thug !:thumbsdown:
He is "playing for the jumper" because the courts ordered him to pay his victim but he couldnt and sunsquently went bankrupt !:eek:
He would have his hand out if not convicted of assult !:rolleyes:
Get your head out of the sand !:eek:

Are you serious mate ???
This guy is a convicted thug !:thumbsdown:
He is "playing for the jumper" because the courts ordered him to pay his victim but he couldnt and sunsquently went bankrupt !:eek:
He would have his hand out if not convicted of assult !:rolleyes:
Get your head out of the sand !:eek:
Thought I might get some bites out of that one.

Anyway back to footy. Should be cracking year coming up. By the look of peoples predictions its very hard to split the top 4. About the only thing there seems to be a consensus on is the recruitment of Fev not working out. I'll be the first to back him in for a successful year, time will tell though.

Yarra played and beat convincingly a very weak Echuca outfit on the weekend. Young ruckman Brandon Symes (best on ground in the 2's last year) was probably our best. Followed by Seymour, Leslie and Ednie. Yarra were missing probably 10 from their best line up which shows how bad Echuca were (don't think they kicked a goal after quarter time).

Round 1 versus Lavi will be a much harder game, should be a cracker..

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back