Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I might go out on a limb and predict a Heidelberg v Bundoora Grand Final.

North Heidelberg are not in favour of the play on after a point rule as it takes them ten minutes to chase down the tip rat that pinched the footy.o_O

It has been over a year now since our last visit to Yulong hopefully we will be back next year but it is amazing how quickly things change. I was unaware Bundoora had been voted the cultural Mecca of the world in the past 12 months by Time Magazine.

London
New York
Paris
Bundoora????

It is true what I cannot find out is the "rules" ie

I'd the home team obligated to have a bag with balls in it?
Can teams have a 'supporter' with a ball at the goals ready to hand a ball to full back?
What constitutes a ball being able to be brought back immediately.....what if it hits something or is touched by some one.....will opposition have 'supporters' trying to hold the ball to slow play down.....?

This has been in the Ammo's for about 3 or 4 years now and works quite well. No bags of balls, just the one football. I don't think its quite feasible for clubs to have 10 (or even 3) new footballs available for each game. The competition should not make rules that add extra financial pressures to clubs, particularly those clubs who are already finding it incredibly hard to compete with the bigger clubs.

PRACTICE MATCHES ALL THIS SATURDAY

Eltham v Balwyn at Templestowe
Heidelberg v Blackburn at Heidelberg
Greensborough v Norwood at West Heidelberg
Bundoora V Pascoe Vale @ Pascoe Vale
Macleod v Bayswater at Macleod
Northcote Park v South Barwon away at Torquay
West Preston Lakeside v Nortern Blues Dev Squad at Home
Epping ?
Lower ?
Mont ?

Mont v Vermont @ Para Rd on Sunday

Good to see a familiar face on the Bundoora bench today, big Micky Gay! Getting to know the boys and have an in depth chat with coaches regarding his walk out on Heidelberg last thurs night. No need to wait for a response because I saw and heard this with my own eyes :)

Good to see a familiar face on the Bundoora bench today, big Micky Gay! Getting to know the boys and have an in depth chat with coaches regarding his walk out on Heidelberg last thurs night. No need to wait for a response because I saw and heard this with my own eyes :)

I heard from a source close to the club that he in fact got his marching orders from the coach, rather than him walking out

I heard from a source close to the club that he in fact got his marching orders from the coach, rather than him walking out
Hmmm this has been rumoured for a few years as he has numerous business associates at Bundoora. If true and, he is fit this could be a game changer. Biggest transfer news in years.;)

Did he play?
Good pick up, disappointing to see him go

Eltham def Balwyn.

Forward pressure and attack on the footy got them over the line

Watched the first 1/4 and thought Eltham did extremely well against a EFL powerhouse. In a practise game where clubs and coaches are trying things what I saw was pretty impressive, Eltham have lost a few this year but seem to have replaced them and maybe even improved a bit. I have no idea how strong Balwyn were though. I was also amazed at seeing a yellow card to the big goose of a ruckman for Balwyn who was throwing punches early......it was a practise game......

Watched the first 1/4 and thought Eltham did extremely well against a EFL powerhouse. In a practise game where clubs and coaches are trying things what I saw was pretty impressive, Eltham have lost a few this year but seem to have replaced them and maybe even improved a bit. I have no idea how strong Balwyn were though. I was also amazed at seeing a yellow card to the big goose of a ruckman for Balwyn who was throwing punches early......it was a practise game......

Fat one or the slimmer one. His not goose your a clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News around Macleod is that Chris Long has had a massive pre season and is ready to stand up and be one of the premier ruckman of the competition!

Mont defeated Vermont by about 8 goals. High quality match and a good hitout for both sides.
You mut be a Mont or Vermont supporter, because it was far from a high quality game! It was 2 teams who play outside football and never maned up all day. Interesting to see Barden playing 2's for vermont. Did Montmorency have there full list?

You mut be a Mont or Vermont supporter, because it was far from a high quality game! It was 2 teams who play outside football and never maned up all day. Interesting to see Barden playing 2's for vermont. Did Montmorency have there full list?

I wasn't there but your saying they didn't man up? So they played a zone/press like every AFL team?

Can anyone explain why bundooras super list is yet to win a practice match. Practice or not its not a good sign surely?

Also anyone got any tips on who will take 5th spot this year?

Im assuming we all predict Mont, Bundy, Bergs, NP to be the top 4

You mut be a Mont or Vermont supporter, because it was far from a high quality game! It was 2 teams who play outside football and never maned up all day. Interesting to see Barden playing 2's for vermont.

I reckon you're always going to get a lot of outside running footy on a day like Sunday when conditions are perfect for football. I'm not sure about the manning up but I reckon Monts tackle count was higher than any game I saw them in last season so it's not as if they were playing keepings off!

Did Montmorency have there full list?

I definately didn't see Tennant running around. Nayna is a midfielder from Greenvale who's been cleared there too and I didn't see any in the mids that I hadn't seen before so he obviously didn't play. Kid called Walton who kicked 6 against Bundoora up at Lower late last year wasn't on the park, but not sure if he played in the Reserves. I doubt either side was 'full strength'.

Can anyone explain why bundooras super list is yet to win a practice match. Practice or not its not a good sign surely?

Also anyone got any tips on who will take 5th spot this year?

Im assuming we all predict Mont, Bundy, Bergs, NP to be the top 4
Against Greenvale they played a few key players in the 2's. (Farrelly etc)
They could also be playing stiffer competition to get themselves ready, as opposed to playing games where they'd flog the opposition and get very little from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back