Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how heidelberg and bundoora are travelling if there is trouble at mont and northcote. They would be loving it

Lets get serious here, it's a 4 horse race.

Money talks

I wonder how heidelberg and bundoora are travelling if there is trouble at mont and northcote. They would be loving it

Lets get serious here, it's a 4 horse race.

Money talks
It is definitely a 4 horse race despite all this crap going on, I feel for the lower teams!
Lower, west preston, epping, macleod will get smashed all year!

O'Hailpin gone also.

Fair list of players having left / wanting to leave

Limbach
Stevens
Giles
Pettifer
Swindon
Finnin
McGough
O'Meara
and about ten of the long term magoos players / locals

Are the wheels going to fall off a little earlier this year?

Ok mate ... Limbach Giles Steven, all gone to wodonga for reasons you and anyone else here don't know about it ,
Pettifer - forget him , he was the worst thing to happen to the club in a long time , yes he had a few good games but a bloke of he's calibre should of torn the comp apart , ... Swindon gone to euroa to finish he's career off with some old mont boys .. He knew he wouldn't player senior footy this year , no problems with him leaving .. Finnin - along with Mcgough are both coming off serious shoulder injuries and couldn't risk the rigors of div one footy so are playing at panton hill with Joffa Byron... Sammy omeara is past 30 and said last year was he's last at mont so he could go play with he's best mates at east Doncaster ... And the boys from the twos , mcracken pepat Moulas vann and Woodhouse are all Monty people who have packed up and gone for a year or two .. To try new things .. They didn't leave on bad terms , they left for more opportunity in a lower grade !

As for all the rumors and shit talk going on in here ... If you don't know - don't comment , simple as that !!
Mont will be fine , a lot of good pick ups and another three guns in the frame to sign in coming days ...yes Donga and the boys high up have made some howlers and in my opinion they have to take responsibility for the boys that left two days ago ... They need to look after there own backyard , create a stable list and stop turning over 20 players each year !!! A great businessman doesn't always make great decisions for football clubs .. The sooner it becones about footy instead of making money the better !! I still along with all the boys there are very confident they'll have a very good year .

Mont will be fine.

In all reality

Limbach - gun, replaced by an even bigger gun in willitts.
Stevens - solid player, far from a world beater
Giles - dead set hack.

Interesting that limbach is rumoured to leave as I was told he played a it part in securing willitts.

Willitts offered 1k a game plus 75K job including car form another NFL club but choose mont????

He'd wanna be a gun

Willitts offered 1k a game plus 75K job including car form another NFL club but choose mont????

He'd wanna be a gun

Really? So that's a $75k job with an additional say $20k (at risk) that may disappear any time he's injured or doesn't play footy. That's not much of an offer when you're looking to get a guy to relocate states and stay long term with your club!...
If I was getting offered that as a package (if I was a semi professional footballer), it wouldn't get my heart rate up that much!

Most blokes these days (the smart ones anyway), are more interested in long term sustainable income than in the match payment side of things! Offer me a shit hot job that I can work at for 10 years and I'll play for peanuts!

This is a point I was alluding to earlier - Given the departures of the bigger bodies at Mont, Willetts may get smashed against the bigger ruck combos such as - H'berg, Bund and potentially a few other sides. I hope the boy is up for it because Im not sure he understands what he's in for. From a quick glance of ins V outs at Month they will be OK around the ball but may struggle in the air, down back and up forward.
Have you had your meds today? This bloke was rucking in the sanfl last year and is a monster. Will tear the comp a new one from all accounts

Has this been posted? A mate told me about it on monts website. A bit of info on there new recruits. Don't know much about anyone except for Harley but seem like pretty high calibre
Players.
Look like 5 extremely strong ins. Sorry to wreck anyone's day who thought they were imploding haha

Ryan Willits, former Port Adelaide (AFL) and SANFL (West Adelaide) player, who is a big mobile forward/ruckman.

Harley Ryan, former North Heidelberg premiership player, Myrtleford best and fairest winner (2011). Harley was also placed (fourth) in the Ovens and Murray League best and fairest award. He is a fast-paced utility, who has been really exciting on the training track.

Mark McKenzie, former Mont junior who has been rookie-listed by two AFL clubs and has enjoyed a stellar career at Woodville-West Torrens including two premierships. He was their captain and is a five-time best and fairest winner.

Rowan Nayna, former Western Bulldogs player who last year was runner-up in Essendon District Football League best and fairest award. He was also best on ground last year in a winning grand final for Greenvale. Rowan is a
fast-paced midfielder.

Wayne "Pee Wee'' Pavitt. People will remember him kicking more than 70 goals in 2008. He has returned to Mont after a stint at Myrtleford, and it's great to have him back.

Has this been posted? A mate told me about it on monts website. A bit of info on there new recruits. Don't know much about anyone except for Harley but seem like pretty high calibre
Players.
Look like 5 extremely strong ins. Sorry to wreck anyone's day who thought they were imploding haha

Ryan Willits, former Port Adelaide (AFL) and SANFL (West Adelaide) player, who is a big mobile forward/ruckman.

Harley Ryan, former North Heidelberg premiership player, Myrtleford best and fairest winner (2011). Harley was also placed (fourth) in the Ovens and Murray League best and fairest award. He is a fast-paced utility, who has been really exciting on the training track.

Mark McKenzie, former Mont junior who has been rookie-listed by two AFL clubs and has enjoyed a stellar career at Woodville-West Torrens including two premierships. He was their captain and is a five-time best and fairest winner.

Rowan Nayna, former Western Bulldogs player who last year was runner-up in Essendon District Football League best and fairest award. He was also best on ground last year in a winning grand final for Greenvale. Rowan is a
fast-paced midfielder.

Wayne "Pee Wee'' Pavitt. People will remember him kicking more than 70 goals in 2008. He has returned to Mont after a stint at Myrtleford, and it's great to have him back.

Nayna also played in a flag with balwyn back in 08.

Incorrect, you dont retain 90% of your list and add some quality if you aren't paying players, as for Hogan leaving Bayswater pretty much doubled what he was getting from NP.
Not having a go at NP but one would assume they would have paid for 4 extra games they may not have budgeted for, every bit of 50k. Nothing worse than rumblings about match payments from the previous season. IMO

Not having a go at NP but one would assume they would have paid for 4 extra games they may not have budgeted for, every bit of 50k. Nothing worse than rumblings about match payments from the previous season. IMO

Most NFL clubs do not pay for finals. Players play for nothing or close to nothing in finals a couole of players may have it uncluded in their contract, but not all. 160k would be NP annaul pay bill according to benchmarking figures issued by the league. so it would be nowhere near 50k for the finals if they did.

Most NFL clubs do not pay for finals. Players play for nothing or close to nothing in finals a couole of players may have it uncluded in their contract, but not all. 160k would be NP annaul pay bill according to benchmarking figures issued by the league. so it would be nowhere near 50k for the finals if they did.
Mate if you think they paid 160k for the home and away season your dreamin, even on your figures it is an extra 36k and they paid for 4 finals, straight from the horses mouth.

Mate if you think they paid 160k for the home and away season your dreamin, even on your figures it is an extra 36k and they paid for 4 finals, straight from the horses mouth.
I was told via a NP committee member that they were paying near on 200k for season. Ranked #5 for spending in Div 1 last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats interesting according to NFL figures supplied to clubs there are 3 clubs paying approx 220k (I would assume Hberg, Bundoora and Mont) then the next club 4th is paying 160k the 6th club is paying 125k these figures are just for players and do not unclude coachs etc.

Thats interesting according to NFL figures supplied to clubs there are 3 clubs paying approx 220k (I would assume Hberg, Bundoora and Mont) then the next club 4th is paying 160k the 6th club is paying 125k these figures are just for players and do not unclude coachs etc.
Figures supplied by clubs? I'm tipping the clubs would be conservative in what they state. Perhaps don't include coaches and sign on fees, but Northcote Park official was adamant that 4 clubs being Mont, Bun, Heid and West were spending more than them last season.

Down at panther place;

Hocking & Perry have signed for 2013

Hughes has left to play bush & still a cloud over Williamson whether he will be heading back to South Morang, for a second time.

After tonight's training I have some more mail that J.Merkel is returning to panther place as well a possability of an old head in Nick Sandy to return!

Players.

fast-paced midfielder.

Will be a star for Mont.

Disgruntled with your club?
Don't think you will play 1's?
Want to play in a great team enviroment?
Want to play div 1 footy?

Well Lower Plenty is the club for you!

If anyone is keen on coming down, feel free to come down and have a kick obligation free we would love to have you down!

Just noticed the NFL poll...
Player you are most looking forward to seeing in season 2013?
Brad Miller
Ricky Dyson
Xavier Clarke

Lets be honest we all want to see Pia Miller!

Players don't get paid for finals they play finals out of good will.

Taglieri?

Hughes is a big loss

Hasn't put in a formal clearance yet, so there is still hope keeping the big barrell chested Hughes. As for Taglieri, he is persuing his career down at the Northern Blues, when he is obligation free, he will be wearing the red and black.

Just noticed the NFL poll...
Player you are most looking forward to seeing in season 2013?
Brad Miller
Ricky Dyson
Xavier Clarke

Lets be honest we all want to see Pia Miller!

Social functions at the Tiges should be very well attended this year to say the least.
Hopefully she brings down some single friends for the boys to have a crack at!

Players don't get paid for finals they play finals out of good will.
I think you'll find that different clubs have different arrangements Chopper!
(and that NP spent more than they thought due to their prolonged finals run!)....which 'should' pay for itself partly short term in that you get people back to the club after each finals win and they spend $$...especially after the GF....and partly mid term in that sponsors 'should' be keen to jump on the 2012 Premier Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back