Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
drugs and that culture are in every club, that's what happens with local football and in nearly every case its a minority, you get all walks of life, so you can keep harping on about the 'party boy' attitude but when it boils down to it, its everywhere.

If we want to smear mud, how about the big 'mont machines' trip down to Phillip Island or the ugly fight with supporters that only happened last week? I would like to reiterate the fact that you keep spending money without the desired results and as someone has posted it; The teams without that kind of cash flow or resources are closing the gap. You can buy all the bells & whistles (players/clubrooms/colour scoreboard) but you cant buy a team.

Guess the monetary figures down at MFC have more dollars than sense.

if I was a rank and file supporter I'd be demanding a different approach. Your investment has not seen you win when it counts and the so called cellar dweller clubs are getting smarter and more efficient in there approach and could quite possibly be ahead of Mont in the not to distant future.

Why would a rank and file supporter give a stuff about what's spent? They pay for membership, buy cans and food, and watch a good game of footy every weekend. A 'rank' and file supporter shouldn't be "demanding" anything. If anyone wants more say, tip in as a major sponsor or join a committee and assist. A 'rank and file supporter' should be right behind the club backing it up!
Whinging so called "supporters" that think they can 'demand a different approach' should go sneak into a game somewhere else and start demanding...... great way to bring a club down that is! Most times if you asked these folks to dip into their pocket or lend a hand they'd run a mile because all they want is to make noise and be critical of the ones that are trying their best with the best intentions! (Whether it's working or not)

The bs that goes on about what Mont spend or don't spend is just hilarious.
$$ does not guarantee a premiership.... people should be glad of that because it helps keep the playing field reasonably level or at least make the premiership remain achievable for all.
On the flip side, paying less doesn't guarantee that you're a 'good club' either.

We all know that there's a lot of things that go towards getting the ultimate success and many of them can be stated. Money (enough), culture, off field structure, facilities, having the playing list 'click' with each other, coaches, etc...
You also need some luck. This can't be denied.
And there are some intangibles that also need to come together..... peaking at the right part - sometimes moment in the season, injuries which can't be planned for or controlled, the weather?
In the end only one team wins the big prize and they've usually had the most of these elements (not always all) come together at the right time.

One thing having a large budget does is allow you to attract a broader range of potential recruits because the $ become less of a barrier to getting them over the line. It also allows you to better retain your own home grown talent because you can ward off the overtures that definately come from other clubs looking to steal young talented players cheaply. (I laughed with Brutals comment about Mont paying their young blokes overs.... would you prefer they got picked up by other clubs for $$ and Mont had to recruit more outsiders?.... Whichever way you argue that I'm sure you'll find a reason why the way Mont do it is wrong.... yet you still sit at a club that's had nowhere near the success.....maybe you could learn something if you'd open the other eye...?)

As for these "so called cellar dweller clubs are getting smarter and more efficient in there approach and could quite possibly be ahead of Mont in the not to distant future"......
1. Hasn't happened yet and history would suggest that while one or two may strike a good balance of the points above, it's not likely that all of a sudden some lightbulb will turn on and they'll just jump over the traditionally stronger clubs.
2. The reason that the traditionally stronger clubs stay that way is that while these "cellar dweller" clubs are "getting smarter and more efficient", the strong clubs are too! They don't just stand there and wait.... that's why they remainn strong.

I think it's awesome that each year we re-load, start again and that any club has the chance to get it right and take off the ultimate prize. I love to see the competition even and competitive and all sides improving. Don't start potting the ones that do it better though or we will end up with a league where the standard goes down to the pack and stagnates rather then continues to get better. I'd hate to see the NFL moving towards something like the SFL has become where the best clubs jettison off and the comp gets left stagnant and the standard drops.

In most things, the way to improve is to pick the things that the better people or clubs or organisations do best and emulate them. If all you see are faults and criticisms then it's unlikely you can help your club get any better! Stay as a rank and file supporter and scream blue murder over the fence about how unfair the world is, why your workmate gets paid more than you, your neighbour has a better house or a hotter wife, and generally achieve nothing!
The clubs that do show rapid improvement would be looking at the Bulls, Magpies, Tiges, Cougars and putting some of what they do in place...appreciating where they can improve, and being positive about it! (and who knows you might just attract a hotter Mrs along the way!)

;-)

Why would a rank and file supporter give a stuff about what's spent? They pay for membership, buy cans and food, and watch a good game of footy every weekend. A 'rank' and file supporter shouldn't be "demanding" anything. If anyone wants more say, tip in as a major sponsor or join a committee and assist. A 'rank and file supporter' should be right behind the club backing it up!
Whinging so called "supporters" that think they can 'demand a different approach' should go sneak into a game somewhere else and start demanding...... great way to bring a club down that is! Most times if you asked these folks to dip into their pocket or lend a hand they'd run a mile because all they want is to make noise and be critical of the ones that are trying their best with the best intentions! (Whether it's working or not)

The bs that goes on about what Mont spend or don't spend is just hilarious.
$$ does not guarantee a premiership.... people should be glad of that because it helps keep the playing field reasonably level or at least make the premiership remain achievable for all.
On the flip side, paying less doesn't guarantee that you're a 'good club' either.

We all know that there's a lot of things that go towards getting the ultimate success and many of them can be stated. Money (enough), culture, off field structure, facilities, having the playing list 'click' with each other, coaches, etc...
You also need some luck. This can't be denied.
And there are some intangibles that also need to come together..... peaking at the right part - sometimes moment in the season, injuries which can't be planned for or controlled, the weather?
In the end only one team wins the big prize and they've usually had the most of these elements (not always all) come together at the right time.

One thing having a large budget does is allow you to attract a broader range of potential recruits because the $ become less of a barrier to getting them over the line. It also allows you to better retain your own home grown talent because you can ward off the overtures that definately come from other clubs looking to steal young talented players cheaply. (I laughed with Brutals comment about Mont paying their young blokes overs.... would you prefer they got picked up by other clubs for $$ and Mont had to recruit more outsiders?.... Whichever way you argue that I'm sure you'll find a reason why the way Mont do it is wrong.... yet you still sit at a club that's had nowhere near the success.....maybe you could learn something if you'd open the other eye...?)

As for these "so called cellar dweller clubs are getting smarter and more efficient in there approach and could quite possibly be ahead of Mont in the not to distant future"......
1. Hasn't happened yet and history would suggest that while one or two may strike a good balance of the points above, it's not likely that all of a sudden some lightbulb will turn on and they'll just jump over the traditionally stronger clubs.
2. The reason that the traditionally stronger clubs stay that way is that while these "cellar dweller" clubs are "getting smarter and more efficient", the strong clubs are too! They don't just stand there and wait.... that's why they remainn strong.

I think it's awesome that each year we re-load, start again and that any club has the chance to get it right and take off the ultimate prize. I love to see the competition even and competitive and all sides improving. Don't start potting the ones that do it better though or we will end up with a league where the standard goes down to the pack and stagnates rather then continues to get better. I'd hate to see the NFL moving towards something like the SFL has become where the best clubs jettison off and the comp gets left stagnant and the standard drops.

In most things, the way to improve is to pick the things that the better people or clubs or organisations do best and emulate them. If all you see are faults and criticisms then it's unlikely you can help your club get any better! Stay as a rank and file supporter and scream blue murder over the fence about how unfair the world is, why your workmate gets paid more than you, your neighbour has a better house or a hotter wife, and generally achieve nothing!
The clubs that do show rapid improvement would be looking at the Bulls, Magpies, Tiges, Cougars and putting some of what they do in place...appreciating where they can improve, and being positive about it! (and who knows you might just attract a hotter Mrs along the way!)

;-)
Hotter Mrs. next door? I wish. My Mrs next doors' got a head like a robbers dog!

12 players lol.. take no notice. Any player who left Mont after such a great season should be thrown out the door.

People can say what they like but Mont is a great club and work extremely hard all over the board to put the best team on the ground and give their players the best chance at being competitive.

Its laughable listening to these cellar dwelling supporters having a crack when realistically there chosen clubs have 0 chance of a flag next year.
Well I hate to say I told you so when on sunday I said give those two flogs from Mont a week and they'll forget all about what happened between 4 and 5 last saturday and continue telling us all about what a great club Mont is and have plenty of advise for other clubs. It took less than a week.

Well I hate to say I told you so when on sunday I said give those two flogs from Mont a week and they'll forget all about what happened between 4 and 5 last saturday and continue telling us all about what a great club Mont is and have plenty of advise for other clubs. It took less than a week.
Well said Notablowie. Its about time those two gentlemen you mentioned got off the watermelon wine and came into the real world and admitted that their team loses creditabilty come finals time.

Alright, seasons over, We won – you lost, blah blah blah

Geez could someone read Puffs last entry and précis it down for me, I just don’t have time to read the lot, my eyes are still trying to focus after a week of celebrating

Best and fairest’s

Players leaving

Early recruitment/sponsor news

Geez could someone read Puffs last entry and précis it down for me, I just don’t have time to read the lot, my eyes are still trying to focus after a week of celebrating

Best and fairest’s

Players leaving

What happened to monty punching on with supporters??

Best and fairest’s

Players leaving

Best and fairest’s

Players leaving

Darcy Barden and Matt Vasilevski joint winners of the Gary Stokes Medal for Lower. Early recruiting news? Not much as yet, just lots of meetings for coffee and dinner. Plenty of names including AFL and VFL with the odd gun at local level mentioned as well.

Jess Sinclair has moved on from Heidelberg to coach a div 5 club and Brad Miller has re joined melbourne as a development coach. Is this a sign of more to follow, I guess we'll wait and see.

Good turn out last week for player/coach meeting at Lower to discuss pre season plans with one new signing already in attendance. One change will be no full squad training prior to Christmas. Players in designated groups to run and control there training plan workload with full pre season to begin in January. Well overdue I reckon, never fully understood the need to get together for 8 plus sessions prior to Christmas, then to have a 5 week break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good turn out last week for player/coach meeting at Lower to discuss pre season plans with one new signing already in attendance. One change will be no full squad training prior to Christmas. Players in designated groups to run and control there training plan workload with full pre season to begin in January. Well overdue I reckon, never fully understood the need to get together for 8 plus sessions prior to Christmas, then to have a 5 week break.
Smart thinking! Youve finished bottom 2 last few years and you think less training is the way to go! Interesting!

Smart thinking! Youve finished bottom 2 last few years and you think less training is the way to go! Interesting!
They will still be training but will take ownership for the effort and outcomes required prior to joining all in training in Jan. won't be totally left to there own devices. I'd imagine they will have a set regime to follow and will be split into groups with designated leaders. They may actually do more than required.

Just saw on local footy rumors (Facebook group) Jesse dougan and James krousorattis have left Eltham for watsonia? Any truth to that or just a bullcrap post? James would be a massive loss had a pretty good season.

Just saw on local footy rumors (Facebook group) Jesse dougan and James krousorattis have left Eltham for watsonia? Any truth to that or just a bullcrap post? James would be a massive loss had a pretty good season.
Not sure if this is correct or not but did hear tonight that Watsonia are cashed up and a Bundoora premiership player along with one from Panton Hill will be heading there next season. Also expect a couple of Lower Plenty premiership players from 2011 to head there as well. Also worth noting that many believe the former Eltham coach was treated poorly by committee last season and it has put a few noses of players and supporters out of joint.

Massive loss if true. Duggan an up and coming player. Quite, unassuming midfielder/CHB type, dress style like an Italian male model. Played an injury riddled few games this year in the 2s but capable of much more. I am sure the Panther will not let him go cheaply.

Not sure if this is correct or not but did hear tonight that Watsonia are cashed up and a Bundoora premiership player along with one from Panton Hill will be heading there next season. Also expect a couple of Lower Plenty premiership players from 2011 to head there as well. Also worth noting that many believe the former Eltham coach was treated poorly by committee last season and it has put a few noses of players and supporters out of joint.

Total rubbish

Interesting Insight at Eltham, considering the former coaches son was an integral part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back