Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't be serious wizards? No favorites at north like years gone by. You earn your spot and if you don't want to play the North Albury way you don't get picked. They played like a bunch of pansies against Wodonga raiders there were gunna be changes. There had to be it wasn't good enough last time. Its a shame they were the better side for 3 quarters today. Played some real good footy. 24 points was not a true indication of the game. North dominated for most of it. Need to produce that week in week out now.
We've seen the best and worst of the hoppers in the last 2 matches, they just need to maintain the pressure for longer, they lost contact with Albury for 10 minutes and it cost them the match. Great signs though.

Anyone think North can challenge seriously come finals time. Their best seems pretty competitive.
No, their best is very good, but they're not at the stage where they can bring that game 4 weeks in a row against the best in the comp. They are getting there, but not this year. Having said that, let me say this, Go Hoppers, Go, Go, Go! Sorry Kenny

Anyone think North can challenge seriously come finals time. Their best seems pretty competitive.
Give them 1 to 2 years and a chance for their kids to mature and gain more experience and for them develop their list to where it needs to be I'm sure they'll be ultra competitive in finals moving forward. Can they trouble the top 2? realistically probably not. But the top two have developed lists.Mature bodies and heads.North are still developing.Only 4 players on the weekend have played more than 50 o and m senior games. That says a lot about the talent they have considering what Albury have at their disposal
No, their best is very good, but they're not at the stage where they can bring that game 4 weeks in a row against the best in the comp. They are getting there, but not this year. Having said that, let me say this, Go Hoppers, Go, Go, Go! Sorry Kenny

No reason they can't... I just dont think they will, only an opinion mate
Fair call AWAAT, everyone's entitled to their say. I think the yarra v north game in a few weeks may tell us more. Everyone just expects yarra to step up when it counts, i'm just not sold on them yet.
As much as it pains me to say it, i think the ''Foreign Legion'' are the smokies, and i really hate the idea of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cairns to coach the pies for 2016! Good move by the club. Very respected around the club and in general!

I agree. Seems to have a good relationship with everyone at the club and speaks honestly to the group.
Still a lot of noise about Patty Rose coaching Rovers as well and Corowa are officially in the market for a new leader.
Will any other clubs be requiring a new coach?

Great move for Wang locking down a bloke who has done a pretty solid job thus far. Has alot of emphasis on developing from within, but will also be interesting to see the state of the list after hes had a chance to put his recruiting stamp on it.

Is the formerly blond fella with a goatie heading to the big smoke leaving north in need of a new general?

Great move for Wang locking down a bloke who has done a pretty solid job thus far. Has alot of emphasis on developing from within, but will also be interesting to see the state of the list after hes had a chance to put his recruiting stamp on it.

Is the formerly blond fella with a goatie heading to the big smoke leaving north in need of a new general?
I also heard that he wouldn't be at the hoppers next year. Will be interesting to see what eventuates, especially if they win a final or two.

Am hearing Kade Klemke's name linked to the North Albury coaching job for 2016.
Would be a very handy get

I'm not trying to be smart but just curious - does Fev actually coach Yarra by more than just title? Is he at training 2-3 times a week taking drills? If the answer is yes has anyone got any feedback on how he goes?

As far as wang are concerned, being albury based, i know very little of their coach, but if what you say is correct about developing from within, that would be great, after all wang thirds are on top of the ladder with only 1 loss, there is clearly potential there to develop a good group of local senior players. It might take a bit longer, but comes with more satisfaction, and the community always embraces local talent more.

As for Aker, i really hope he sticks around for a while longer, can certainly coach and has been of great benefit to the hoppers young brigade. The potential has been there for a few years with the young guys, but it's been his ability to develop and get the best out of them that has impressed me. If he were to go at years end, i think they will have to find another with similar traits, as there's still a bit of work to be done.

Boys Patty Rose not going to Wangaratta but will be returning to the Wodonga Raiders (where he played in 2012) in 2016. Confirmed, deal done..

if north play like they did against albury last week they will beat lavy by 40-50 points,another local junior making his debut this weekend for north.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back