SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kremlin will leave those clubs in the lurch.

The 2024 fixture won't be released until April next year with the current clubs fixtured along with recent past clubs just in case they want to come back. They might even throw in Thornton and Bonnie Doon for a laugh.
League are also looking at expansion plans so current clubs are all staying now and league have approached Berwick & Beaconsfield to come back as they can’t dominate in EFL so we’re they’re best option 😂

League are also looking at expansion plans so current clubs are all staying now and league have approached Berwick & Beaconsfield to come back as they can’t dominate in EFL so we’re they’re best option 😂

Beaconsfield and Berwick were boneheaded decisions by the EFNL and their clubs, they are miles away and have added nothing to the league, just another couple of clubs clogging up the middle divisions. Expansion for the sake of it, it has benefited nobody.

... and Hallam flees when they realise they can't avoid the fact that they will have to get up at the crack of dawn for their away matches at Alexandra as well as trips to Yarra Glen and Warburton.

The league may have Broadford amongst its ranks next year as there is not much support amongst the Kyabram league clubs for them to head there and the Heathcote league has enough issues with the AFLCV commission and leagues on its plate after rejecting Marong, Maiden Gully and Cohuna from joining to worry about taking Broadford back in.

It will be either Riddell or Outer East for Broadford next year.

So who wins tomorrow
The home grown Warby or the imports reigning premiers Powelly?
I reckon Alex sit back and hope they belt the living suitcases out of each other in a hard fought grudge match

So who wins tomorrow
The home grown Warby or the imports reigning premiers Powelly?
I reckon Alex sit back and hope they belt the living suitcases out of each other in a hard fought grudge match

Nice dig. I’m sick of hearing about Warby and their kids. Will anyone care that Warby has half a team of Under 19’s if they lose.

I call it arrogance on their behalf.

Nice dig. I’m sick of hearing about Warby and their kids. Will anyone care that Warby has half a team of Under 19’s if they lose.

I call it arrogance on their behalf.
PINEAPPLELUMP who am i having a dig at.
I think it’s pretty accurate, Warby say they are home grown and Powelly have the imports.
Not sure why you are so precious about it
And would be very disappointing for Warby to go out in straight sets after finishing on top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PINEAPPLELUMP who am i having a dig at.
I think it’s pretty accurate, Warby say they are home grown and Powelly have the imports.
Not sure why you are so precious about it
And would be very disappointing for Warby to go out in straight sets after finishing on top

Those imports sent Kinglake packing last year. Warby looked to have put a lot of faith in kids.

Beaconsfield and Berwick were boneheaded decisions by the EFNL and their clubs, they are miles away and have added nothing to the league, just another couple of clubs clogging up the middle divisions. Expansion for the sake of it, it has benefited nobody.

I don’t get these comments, both these clubs make the eastern league a better competition albeit not in premier. Can’t all be a Vermont so don’t get it’s a poor decision? Every multi divisional comp has clubs clogging different divisions and that’s normal in a promotion relegation system. The better you run a club the better you can be. Staying in the outer east isn’t a great option and couldn’t be more poorly managed, so no real incentive to stay. Great move from my perspective and they’re considerably better than many other eastern sides.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t get these comments, both these clubs make the eastern league a better competition albeit not in premier. Can’t all be a Vermont so don’t get it’s a poor decision? Every multi divisional comp has clubs clogging different divisions and that’s normal in a promotion relegation system. The better you run a club the better you can be. Staying in the outer east isn’t a great option and couldn’t be more poorly managed, so no real incentive to stay. Great move from my perspective and they’re considerably better than many other eastern sides.

Good move for Beacy and Berwick, shit move for the rest of the EFL.

I look at it like this... if I'm running a club, it's my job to do what's in its best interests. If any club wants into the competition, then my default answer is no - because they're just another club we have to beat to win a flag. Either directly, if they're in my division, or some other stronger club is being relegated down to me to make way for them.

While neutrals and spectators and others might think it's awesome to have all new clubs in the comp, but that's not my job - I have to do what's best for the club i'm running.

Now the one caveat I put on the is if the new club/s will make the league genuinely stronger. Because a rising tide does lift all boats, to a degree. If the comp is stronger then it benefits all as players and others are attracted to the better league.

So when clubs like Noble Park and Balwyn entered, it was a good thing for the league. They made the league stronger overall, and took on and beat Vermont, which was great. They significantly lifted the quality of the league.

Berwick and Beaconsfield haven't done this. They've shown to be inferior to the top clubs in the league... they haven't lifted the quality overall, their impact on the league has been extremely negligible. Overall they're really no stronger than 20 other club in the comp. They've done nothing for the league overall except be another roadblock for clubs trying to win.

Good luck to them, it was a great move for them and I hope they're enjoying it. All the clubs that voted them in... boneheaded move. Turkeys voting for christmas!

Good move for Beacy and Berwick, s**t move for the rest of the EFL.

I look at it like this... if I'm running a club, it's my job to do what's in its best interests. If any club wants into the competition, then my default answer is no - because they're just another club we have to beat to win a flag. Either directly, if they're in my division, or some other stronger club is being relegated down to me to make way for them.

While neutrals and spectators and others might think it's awesome to have all new clubs in the comp, but that's not my job - I have to do what's best for the club i'm running.

Now the one caveat I put on the is if the new club/s will make the league genuinely stronger. Because a rising tide does lift all boats, to a degree. If the comp is stronger then it benefits all as players and others are attracted to the better league.

So when clubs like Noble Park and Balwyn entered, it was a good thing for the league. They made the league stronger overall, and took on and beat Vermont, which was great. They significantly lifted the quality of the league.

Berwick and Beaconsfield haven't done this. They've shown to be inferior to the top clubs in the league... they haven't lifted the quality overall, their impact on the league has been extremely negligible. Overall they're really no stronger than 20 other club in the comp. They've done nothing for the league overall except be another roadblock for clubs trying to win.

Good luck to them, it was a great move for them and I hope they're enjoying it. All the clubs that voted them in... boneheaded move. Turkeys voting for christmas!

I think you’ll find the EFNL and it’s clubs would be happy to get to 50 clubs across the competition (I think it’s about 48 right now ??)

5 even divisions of 10 teams, 9 home and 9 away games against each team so completely uncompromised draw. They’ll chase that until they get it !

What that also does is make sure that the 2 bottom teams of each division that probably shouldn’t be up, are down and competing. Essentially each Division becomes a bit stronger for it !

if I'm running a club, it's my job to do what's in its best interests. If any club wants into the competition, then my default answer is no - because they're just another club we have to beat to win a flag

idk about this.
Your #1 interest being winning a flag seems like a sure fire way to sink a local club.

I will have the Warby / Pow stream running on discord if anyone wants to watch

Hit me up with a Pm for the link at match start time

Good move for Beacy and Berwick, s**t move for the rest of the EFL.

Not sure I’ve heard more dribble from anyone than that response. They haven’t lifted the quality overall? Not your job to lift the quality it’s about wins and losses and finding your level playing field, whichever division that is. If they’ve pushed lesser teams down a position or a division then they’ve technically improved it. It’s about finding a league where your club can be sustainable long term. They’ve done nothing for the league overall? What’s Lilydale done for Div 1 without a win all year, what’s Doncaster done with 1 win? What’s Div 4 doing for the league with the putrid quality of footy. They all play a part in a multi divisional competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2023