SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! 16 flags and 8 runners up in 33 years. That would have to be one of the best records of any club any size. Population according to Wikipedia is 29. What is their secret?

CERVANTES (23 flags since being formed in 1983)
Coastal FA 1987, 1989-90.
Central Midlands Coastal FL 1995, 1998-99-2000-01, 2003-04-05-06, 2008-09-10-11-12-13, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2022.

I have gone to watch them in Grand Finals in 2014 and 2021 and they lost them both.

A mate of mine who is on their committee has banned me from attending their Grand Finals since then 😂

Wow! 16 flags and 8 runners up in 33 years. That would have to be one of the best records of any club any size. Population according to Wikipedia is 29. What is their secret?
Yeah they have done amazingly not sure what the secret to success is obviously some wealthy farmers up that way who support their footy club $$. Adam Schneider ex St Kilda and Sydney originally from there and went back to coach / play with them after he retired from AFL and got himself a few flags!
In the 2020 suspended season in Victoria due to Covid, Osborne (NSW club) in a league Hume that has a mixture of Vic and NSW teams but is considered a Victorian league, switched to the Riverina League (NSW league) and tested themselves in that for a season even knocking off the mighty Wagga Wagga Tigers who at one stage were playing in the AFL NSW Sydney main league. Pretty phenomenal effort to knock off Wagga considering population differences. Wagga Wagga population 67,000 compared to Osborne 29 🤣🤣.
Anyway back to the original point Powelltown have done really well all things considered for their population size, but they have nothing on Osborne 😮

Ok mate. Keep running with why you can’t or won’t. I’ll stick with you can and should.
I know which typically gets results.

You’re a fair way off the mark - your comments aren’t based in reality or experience, clearly.

Some clubs are gifted piles of cash and for them it is relatively easy.

For everybody else there is a hell of a lot of work and talent required. Attracting and retaining valuable sponsorships, controlling costs, running profitable concessions and events… all to produce the money required.

If you have people with the brains and experience - and most importantly, time - to do all this stuff then you’re in a very good spot. But that’s generally a case of luck in terms of who walks through the door. It’s not the professional level, clubs can’t pay six figures for a CEO who knows how to do all this stuff.

If you have these skills and time then it’s great luck for you and your club, but not everybody does.

Yeah they have done amazingly not sure what the secret to success is obviously some wealthy farmers up that way who support their footy club $$. Adam Schneider ex St Kilda and Sydney originally from there and went back to coach / play with them after he retired from AFL and got himself a few flags!
In the 2020 suspended season in Victoria due to Covid, Osborne (NSW club) in a league Hume that has a mixture of Vic and NSW teams but is considered a Victorian league, switched to the Riverina League (NSW league) and tested themselves in that for a season even knocking off the mighty Wagga Wagga Tigers who at one stage were playing in the AFL NSW Sydney main league. Pretty phenomenal effort to knock off Wagga considering population differences. Wagga Wagga population 67,000 compared to Osborne 29 🤣🤣.
Anyway back to the original point Powelltown have done really well all things considered for their population size, but they have nothing on Osborne 😮
how can the hume league be considered victorian? there are 0 victorian teams in it

Looks like Powelltown are buying another premiership. Let's see if they can try and stick inside the salary and points cap this time.

What else are we supposed to do? Get 44 locals yeah like that will happen we struggled through last year and now are recruiting for next year also believe we stayed inside points and salary for our last two?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyway back to the original point Powelltown have done really well all things considered for their population size, but they have nothing on Osborne

Wagga tigers were in actafl (Canberra) in the early 2000’s, not Sydney comp. Canberra was better footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back