SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The allocation of these games is done to give all clubs some exposure. Match of the day is not reserved for top team clashes in Premier Division. You may also want to check the ladder in Premier, you're One v two, Three v Fourth is way off.

The top 4 in Div 1 are playing each other look again.

The top 4 in Div 1 are playing each other look again.
You mentioned some Premier games, Monbulk etc, sorry, I read (misread) that you were referring to them. Fact remains, the match of the day is not exclusively for top team clashes. Yarra Glen and Yarra Junction are both desperately trying to win a game here, so will be a tight clash.

You mentioned some Premier games, Monbulk etc, sorry, I read (misread) that you were referring to them. Fact remains, the match of the day is not exclusively for top team clashes. Yarra Glen and Yarra Junction are both desperately trying to win a game here, so will be a tight clash.

It will be terrible in terms of viewing.

The first indication of Narre being accepted into the Southern has come out with 6 clubs saying yes, 2 saying no and a further 2 saying yes if they start in division 2.

A wild guess - the two that want them to start in Div 2 are in the bottom half of the Div 1 ladder or finals contenders in Div 2?

A club that would currently be in the mix for being in the top 10 clubs in suburban football ... considered a Div 2 club by some clubs. FMD.

Last edited:
A wild guess - the two that want them to start in Div 2 are in the bottom half of the Div 1 ladder or finals contenders in Div 2?

A club that would currently be in the mix for being in the top 10 clubs in suburban football ... considered a Div 2 club by some clubs. FMD.

These rulings need to be taken away from clubs. No idea how clubs can vote on the future of another.

These rulings need to be taken away from clubs. No idea how clubs can vote on the future of another.
Ofcourse current clubs should get a vote. The decision on Narre affects every club in the sfnl. Depending on grading with more clubs either going up or down making every division either stronger or weaker.

I dont think just a club vote should decide what happens. But it should play some part.

Ofcourse current clubs should get a vote. The decision on Narre affects every club in the sfnl. Depending on grading with more clubs either going up or down making every division either stronger or weaker.

I dont think just a club vote should decide what happens. But it should play some part.

No it shouldn’t.
Clubs have folded as a result of not being voted into suitable leagues.
Clubs pay enough fees to basically invisible governing bodies like AFLVic they should at least step up and do something occasionally.

Not sure where you’re getting the top 10 suburban club idea from. Wouldn’t be in the top 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club vote to allow moves is part of the problem that’s facing footy across the state.

Of course clubs in a league will vote no to another strong powerful club coming in and vice verca.

AFL Vic need to have some nuts and place clubs where they actually fit

The club vote to allow moves is part of the problem that’s facing footy across the state.

Of course clubs in a league will vote no to another strong powerful club coming in and vice verca.

AFL Vic need to have some nuts and place clubs where they actually fit
Ofcourse clubs will vote no?

Outa the 10 div 1 clubs there was 2 no votes. 6 yes. 2 yes but in div 2.

They way AFL vic have been going I can see why comps don’t want anything to do with them.

Easily up there.

Actually a good thread topic - what everyone thinks the 10 best suburban clubs are…

Probably have to start with Keilor, Heidelberg, Vermont. Then maybe werribee districts? Rowville as eastern premier winners (and plenty of juniors) noble and balwyn always strong (but that’s my eastern bias)chelt? Cranny?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The arrogance of the umpires boss on show again.
Hopefully the league has a plan to try and increase the umpire pool and standard. The warburton healsville game today was nothing short of embarrassing. It will get harder to recruit players to this league if it continues.

Actually a good thread topic - what everyone thinks the 10 best suburban clubs are…

Probably have to start with Keilor, Heidelberg, Vermont. Then maybe werribee districts? Rowville as eastern premier winners (and plenty of juniors) noble and balwyn always strong (but that’s my eastern bias)chelt? Cranny?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Do you count the A grade Ammos clubs in this discussion. As good as Chelt is (for SFNL standard) they wouldn’t get close to even playing Premier League finals in the Eastern, Northern and Essendon District leagues.

Do you count the A grade Ammos clubs in this discussion. As good as Chelt is (for SFNL standard) they wouldn’t get close to even playing Premier League finals in the Eastern, Northern and Essendon District leagues.
Heidelberg, Montmorency, Greensborough, Strathmore, Deer Park………
They aren’t anywhere near the top 6 or 7 in Eastern Premier and VAFA premier.
Narre have been a big fish in a very small pond for decades, just like Berwick were and Beaconsfield. Not in the same conversation as most top end suburban clubs, and come to think of it I reckon top 25 was being kind.

Narre have been a big fish in a very small pond for decades, just like Berwick were and Beaconsfield. Not in the same conversation as most top end suburban clubs, and come to think of it I reckon top 25 was being kind.

Agree Narre wouldn’t be in the top 25. There would be B section VAFA & EFL 1st division teams that would beat Narre.

Count Deer Park out. They are way off the mark now, struggling in EDFL premier.

A few traditional YVMDFL clubs had probably been in the same boat up until the merger (and will probably go back to said boat in the next few years with the way things are headed).
Agreed. Not sure anyone would be delusional enough to suggest they would be in the same convo as the top footy clubs in metropolitan Melb though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back