SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The club vote to allow moves is part of the problem that’s facing footy across the state.

Of course clubs in a league will vote no to another strong powerful club coming in and vice verca.

AFL Vic need to have some nuts and place clubs where they actually fit

I believe it all depends on the league’s constitution. In Eastern it goes to a vote of all clubs whether or not to admit a new one. I have a feeling that no vote is required in Southern and the power to admit clubs belongs to the board.

Actually a good thread topic - what everyone thinks the 10 best suburban clubs are…

Probably have to start with Keilor, Heidelberg, Vermont. Then maybe werribee districts? Rowville as eastern premier winners (and plenty of juniors) noble and balwyn always strong (but that’s my eastern bias)chelt? Cranny?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you’re talking about right now, Vermont are not. The points system has beaten them, they’re back with the pack now. You can’t go out and buy 5 VFL players every off-season. They are strong, but nowhere near what they were.

Keilor and Heidelberg would have to be the two strongest at the moment I think. Balwyn are going very well. Rowville have surfed a once-in-a-lifetime generation of locals and have a brilliant coach. They do not have the money of other big clubs and it’ll be interesting to see their next decade as their suburb has matured and certainly isn’t full of young families like it was 20 years ago.

The strength of Eastern is the depth imo, speaking to people, Div 1 and 2 are extremely strong and there are sides there that would be right at home in the top grade of other comps. That makes sense when you consider that in around 20 years they have added Noble Park, Balwyn, Park Orchards, South Belgrave, Beaconsfield, Berwick (now seriously battling)… that’s six new clubs in the higher divisions.

Do you count the A grade Ammos clubs in this discussion. As good as Chelt is (for SFNL standard) they wouldn’t get close to even playing Premier League finals in the Eastern, Northern and Essendon District leagues.

Fair shout. Skevs in particular are a powerhouse. Collegians have won the last few flags however they do lose a bit in depth compared to some of the bigger clubs. If you were to include skevs collegians uni blues (ordinary blokes) and even Xavs then definitely the likes of chelt would drop out

Bunk - Vermont are back in the pack yep however have realistically enjoyed 40 years at the top or close enough to it. Would not have missed many finals series since the 80s at a time where other clubs have gone through full cycles. Trust me, I support Blackburn and it hurts to give the eagles too much credit!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gee I hope the young fella ratten gave a concussion too 3 weeks ago enjoys reading all about him while sitting on the sidelines! Love an explanation from the league as to why he got off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I hope the young fella ratten gave a concussion too 3 weeks ago enjoys reading all about him while sitting on the sidelines! Love an explanation from the league as to why he got off.
Interesting that he had a concussion yet he played out the rest of the game….

You were screaming earlier in the year for an opposition player for massive weeks we have been lucky here as yes it should be 2-3 weeks and we have had another player get none after the umpires not rocking up who should’ve got 3-5 yes we are struggling but also not a great look for the competition us getting off

Maybe not the smartest idea to have the player re enter the match, none the less they’ve had to miss 21 days as the league follow the AFL rules.

interesting that Patrick Dangerfield, got 1 week for a “dangerous” tackle on Sam Walsh, yet our league won’t follow the AFL rules on this one….. seems like they pick and choose depending on who the player is and the situation.

the tackle should have been minimum 1 week.
And bloke throwing punches in the Melee should have been minimum 3.

You were screaming earlier in the year for an opposition player for massive weeks we have been lucky here as yes it should be 2-3 weeks and we have had another player get none after the umpires not rocking up who should’ve got 3-5 yes we are struggling but also not a great look for the competition us getting off
That Alexandra played is still not playing because of that hit from an opponents “bump”. And from what I’ve heard still having medical issues from it as well..

The fact that you’re comparing the two is actually ridiculous.

That Alexandra played is still not playing because of that hit from an opponents “bump”. And from what I’ve heard still having medical issues from it as well..

The fact that you’re comparing the two is actually ridiculous.

No it’s not actually.

Both suspendible incidents although only one player actually did get weeks the other nothing.
My understanding is the powers above look at these incidents and for what ever reason turned a blind eye to a very nasty sling.

The other player throwing punches a club would internally stand them down. No way you can have that type of stuff going unpunished

Terrible look for the club

No it’s not actually.

Both suspendible incidents although only one player actually did get weeks the other nothing.
My understanding is the powers above look at these incidents and for what ever reason turned a blind eye to a very nasty sling.

The other player throwing punches a club would internally stand them down. No way you can have that type of stuff going unpunished

Terrible look for the club
and one of the players who was involved in these incidents still isn’t playing football having medical issues yet the other had 1 week off and was back playing, it’s chalk and cheese.

I’m guessing you would be saying the same about Yarra junction and that they should be suspending their players who was throwing punches who was sent straight to the tribunal?

and one of the players who was involved in these incidents still isn’t playing football having medical issues yet the other had 1 week off and was back playing, it’s chalk and cheese.

I’m guessing you would be saying the same about Yarra junction and that they should be suspending their players who was throwing punches who was sent straight to the tribunal?

Absolutely both should be if you’re doing the right thing by the club. Throwing punches like that is a throwback to the dark ages.

Actually the other player had the mandated 21 days. This situation highlights the leagues bias towards this player and this club. They should be held accountable.

Actually the other player had the mandated 21 days. This situation highlights the leagues bias towards this player and this club. They should be held accountable.
He played last week against Yarra Glen. That’s not 21 days that’s 14 days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back