SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think courts but it’s an easy fix. We played netball away from the oval for years.
Which is exactly the opposite of what we actually want !
We want our current model of football and netball side by side during the week and on matchday, that’s what makes this competition unique and a “true” football netball competition !

We want our current model of football and netball side by side during the week and on matchday, that’s what makes this competition unique and a “true” football netball competition !
I totally agree although most ovals gained courts as a result of having club netball. The goal is to get courts at all grounds.

This wouldn’t be ideal but you would have your home games together obviously, some opponents would be traditional rivals so all together. Some new opposition would be able to have netball nearby easily and some would hopefully adjust over the next decade. Yvmdfnl took 10 years I’m guessing to courts at every club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that Pakky are in D2 do you reckon they will move? Southern league? Or too late for this?
Apparently Pakenham have until October 31 to decide whether to stay or go, although it is very late to try an join another League now unless they have already have an in principal agreement with another League and the clubs there rubber stamp it.

If they can't get into Southern, their only other likely option, and are forced to stay then they face a possible exodus of players who don't want to travel and are no guarantee to bounce back and could be in Div 1 for a while.

Last edited:
Apparently Pakenham have until October 31 to decide whether to stay or go, although it is very late to try an join another League now unless they have already have an in principal agreement with another League and the clubs there rubber stamp it.

If they can't get into Southern, their only other likely option, and are forced to stay then they face a possible exodus of players who don't want to travel and are no guarantee to bounce back and could be in Div 1 for a while.
what a mess local football has become

The league will fold on this

No one comes up no one goes down

Take it to the bank...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what a mess local football has become

Agree this is just a mess and anyone’s guess as to how that ends. The draw this year is grossly compromised and I’d love to know who and how they came up with it?? The final 6 also feels a little ridiculous. I did however see the CEO at the junior grand final, 1st time I’ve seen him at a game this year…… assuming he forgot the clubs are his clients.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pankenham used to be very strong in the old South East league.

I was expecting them to be a bit of a powerhouse in the Outer East similar to what Narre have become.

Can anyone explain why they’ve dropped off so much?

Pankenham used to be very strong in the old South East league.

I was expecting them to be a bit of a powerhouse in the Outer East similar to what Narre have become.

Can anyone explain why they’ve dropped off so much?
correct they were very strong in that comp
but they dropped off towards the end of there tenure in that league
they have a rich history thats for sure
i was talking too an old timer from there club and he said they look at there past history too much
he said until they look forward instead of looking back they will never be anygood

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back