SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s unbelievable a town the size of Pakenham will be playing towns the size of Powelltown next season.
It is but trust me the state that Pakenham FNC is in and with developments at Powelltown FNC who are going to improve significantly, the Demons will be a big chance to defeat them.

If Pakenham is interested in being part of the proposed merge of West Gippsland and Ellinbank FNL's they could be playing Neerim Neerim South FNC and Poowong FNC in the future.

They have always wanted to be the 'big fish in the small pond' and have been shown up in Outer East where they have not been as competitive as they believed they should have been.

Rest assured West Gippsland don't want a bar of them!

It is but trust me the state that Pakenham FNC is in and with developments at Powelltown FNC who are going to improve significantly, the Demons will be a big chance to defeat them.

If Pakenham is interested in being part of the proposed merge of West Gippsland and Ellinbank FNL's they could be playing Neerim Neerim South FNC and Poowong FNC in the future.

They have always wanted to be the 'big fish in the small pond' and have been shown up in Outer East where they have not been as competitive as they believed they should have been.

Rest assured West Gippsland don't want a bar of them!

There is no chance Powelltown beat Pakenham. A new coach at a club that has just won the Under 19 premiership will have more than enough to work with.

Thats of course if the kids aren't being poached which is the way clubs are heading these days.

There is no chance Powelltown beat Pakenham. A new coach at a club that has just won the Under 19 premiership will have more than enough to work with.

Thats of course if the kids aren't being poached which is the way clubs are heading these days.
Don't be so sure Nvent. The appointment of the coach is a huge plus at Pakenham but they are seeing significant player losses including this year's captain who has joined Warragul in the Gippsland FNL.

Lots of good things happening at Powelltown I am told with the new coach. They will be a very competitive unit in 2025. Remember it doesn't matter how big a town is, it just depends on the quality of the club and playing group. You can have a team of good individual players ability wise but that doesn't necessarily make a good team.

Bunyip have been admitted to the Ellinbank league, leaving the WGFNL with 11 clubs.

They might not be keen on Pakenham but eliminating a bye could help sway them.

Not sure what other options they have. Wonthaggi were keen to move back from the Gippsland League a few years back but pretty sure the WGFNL clubs baulked at that over fears they’d dominate.

Don't be so sure Nvent. The appointment of the coach is a huge plus at Pakenham but they are seeing significant player losses including this year's captain who has joined Warragul in the Gippsland FNL.

Lots of good things happening at Powelltown I am told with the new coach. They will be a very competitive unit in 2025. Remember it doesn't matter how big a town is, it just depends on the quality of the club and playing group. You can have a team of good individual players ability wise but that doesn't necessarily make a good team.

Theye'd have to lose 20 senior players to be in any danger.

They have lost a lot of players Nvent. Probably not 20 but certainly some of their better performers have moved on.

They still were competitive in most games and their reserves won a final. The big bonus is their Under 19's won the Grand Final.

A hell of a lot would have to wrong for them to lose to a team with a average losing margin of about 150 points in a lower Division.

DeBruin gone from Pakenham to Mordialloc. Does seem like more are leaving. Always hard going down a division, also means your salary cap lowers too. I imagine west gippsland will change there mind about bringing pakenham over as they are no where near the powerhouse they once were.

DeBruin gone from Pakenham to Mordialloc. Does seem like more are leaving. Always hard going down a division, also means your salary cap lowers too. I imagine west gippsland will change there mind about bringing pakenham over as they are no where near the powerhouse they once were.
I agree west gippy will take them and I reckon the ellinbank and west gippy should merge and become 2 divisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back