Official Match Thread Season 23, Round 12 - Geelong Wolves vs Gold City Royals at The Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hi

17v52e.png

VS

NgB2TqF.jpg

Sweet F.A News

Two teams on the worse end of results last week, and fighting to stay above water and a potential wooden spoon will be looking to rectify recent form. Only one will most likely win their first game in a month and create some more breathing space leading into the final push for not finishing Last, and maybe, even, Finals?

Form Guide
Geelong Wolves
LWLLL

Round 10: Geelong Wolves 15.11 (101) lost to Roys FFC 17.9 (111)
Round 11: Fighting Furies 24.8 (152) defeated Geelong Wolves 21.11 (137)

Gold City Royals
LLLLL

Round 10: Gold City Royals 10.5 (65) lost to Fighting Furies 15.14 (104)
Round 11: West Coast Wonders 14.5 (89) defeated Gold City Royals 9.2 (56)

Geelong Wolves
Coming into Season 23 significantly strengthened and with some older, wiser heads returning to leadership positions, Quivorir's position still became untenable heading into the mid-season trade period, and a theatrical backstabbing occurred with the homecoming of award winning poster Willo_ now complete.

Signing some new rookies mid way through the season has also proved an astute move, players such as gaskin, Jimmy_The_Gent and The City Boyz starting to take to the League is encouraging to see, it of course doesn't help when your team is starved of success. And unfortunately that is what has befallen the Wolves, one of those team currently stuck on 16 points, just out of finals and not without hope, but lacking the form and momentum to push deep into the Eight.

pantskyle sustains his Mobbs podium placing form, whilst another one of their recruits from last off season NSWCROW had a ballistic game in the heart of defence, finishing with 77 DT points and 3 goals from a back pocket!

Player to Watch?
Quivorir - A 30 disposal, 8 mark, 117 DreamTeam point game in a losing team highlights the freedom Quiv is enjoying since being released from the Captaincy, his focus primarily on Qooty is showing to pay off in spades. Known to switch it up position wise, and not in the middle of a prolific season as of yet, is this massive game a sign of things to come from the former captain?

Gold City Royals
The only team to face the demoralising 5 loss streak so far this season, things started brightly enough in Gold City with Blacky putting himself in contention for the Alf, paddles for the MM and Grey Crow, according to his teammates, for the EKA.

It's all been downhill from there, a huge crash to earth resulting in the 2nd worst percentage in the League and the very worst place to be on the Ladder. It's a strange result to see if you didn't realise the Sim was completely random, considering how bolstered the Royals outfit seems since Season 22, with some quality in's including Season 22 Young Star Bet on Blue, BigFooty's undertaker Red mist and Vale, the great man, Squares. Acquiring the signature of OES, formerly Melter mid way through this season from the Bears has also proved to be valuable, the former Las Vegas player already starring for his new team, however, the signing resulted in the subsequent removal of Nakia from the playing squad by his own wishes, a massive blow considering the veteran Royal was averaging 92+ Exie points.

GreyCrow is out ahead in total posts this season, an impressive effort from the Rookie, whilst Blacky is a close second, and leads the goal kicking efforts with 34. New recruit Ulahoopski also looks to be a great pick up, showing their aptitude with stats but also the Qooty, registering 76 DT points last week in just their lazy 7th game.

Player to Watch?
Thatsapaddlin - A lowly 52 DreamTeam points, and only 12 touches is well below par for the quality, emerging young leader, the perceived future Royals captain and on top of all that, an elite midfielder, especially considering his total amount of tackles is 2 more than that score for the season (54). Although paddles has an average DT score of 62, some big games early on in the year have him on 9 Votes in the Mobbs Predictor, just 5 votes off Top 5 in the League. Potentially with an extended run in the midfield paddles could be a dark horse in placing on Mobbs night, that's if Gold City manage to get on a run in the remaining rounds and it would help if it starts this week.

Who will win?

Royals by 67.

Captains please have your team sheets in by the 11.59 Thursday deadline, Cheers.

Last edited:

We have won one game of the last 10 combined

#motr
Fortunately combined we contain the best posters and results are irrelevant

Fortunately combined we contain the best posters and results are irrelevant
If you ain't got this one then you're delusional.
image.jpeg

it's all coming back to me - funny how an obsessional simulated homoerotic fighting fan can trigger memories. Is that who Willo was referring to as a "best poster"? Blacky - let's sneak these into the wolfies dressing room - should be distraction enough. They'll be too busy trying to recruit 'em to worry about the game.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

it's all coming back to me - funny how an obsessional simulated homoerotic fighting fan can trigger memories. Is that who Willo was referring to as a "best poster"? Blacky - let's sneak these into the wolfies dressing room - should be distraction enough. They'll be too busy trying to recruit 'em to worry about the game.
View attachment 359136 View attachment 359137

I see nothing wrong with a bit of Lesbo Rasslin'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rest of the Royals should follow suit before, during and after the game. :)
And add it to the collection of losses they're stockpiling? Sure, why not.

I'm a bit upset that my presence is making Nakia not want to play. I said from the word go that I didn't want to force Nakia out of the team. Blacky, feel free to drop me this week; I make a ****ing mean orange cordial.

I'm a bit upset that my presence is making Nakia not want to play. I said from the word go that I didn't want to force Nakia out of the team. Blacky, feel free to drop me this week; I make a ******* mean orange cordial.

Don't sweat it. There's no 'i' in team but there is in Nakia. He's a one man band complete with cymbals strapped to his knees.

I'm a bit upset that my presence is making Nakia not want to play. I said from the word go that I didn't want to force Nakia out of the team. Blacky, feel free to drop me this week; I make a ******* mean orange cordial.
I'm prepared to forgive and forget. Let's band together and finish the season strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 23, Round 12 - Geelong Wolves vs Gold City Royals at The Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back