Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 11: Las Vegas Bears v Gold City Royals at The Stadium In The Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 30 Round 11: Las Vegas Bears v Gold City Royals at The Stadium In The Sky

Map.png

OVERVIEW
The surviving citizens of Panem , buoyed by their recent victory and determined to commemorate their fallen friends, have arranged a series of exhibition games. The citizens of District 1 (Bears) known for their luxury , jewellery and glamour, are hosting the privileged ruling Capitol (Royals) in a richly anticipated matchup.

LAST TIME THEY MET
After a 138 page monster thread which offered everything from Capitol BnFs Awards nights, BatchelorHunger Games updates and general discussion about Panem and life , friendly arrows were fired by both sides and multiple neutrals citizens from the other districts came to join the Match Of the Round. On a rainy day at the historic Capitol Arena, both teams defied the conditions and showcased their attacking prowess in a first quarter shootout which produced a total of 10 goals. The class of the Capitol was evident in the second quarter but despite their name, they were unable to Capitalise. The slipperiness affected the quality of the game in the third quarter as it turned into a low scoring scrap, but in the end the fitter and faster District 1 were too good for the more fancied Capitol as they stormed to a comfortable 29 point win.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
An exciting shootout looms between Capitol leader President Snow (leading goalkicker) and District 1 Career Tribute Marvel (3rd highest goals scored) - these players kicked 5 and 7 goals respectively earlier this year.

Both teams have an abundance of midfield talent. The Capitol will benefit from supply from teammates Marlowe and brahj (who are both in the top 10 in the league for DT points and Exie points) . For District 1, talented rookie Glimmer and Mobbs favourite Matera92 (also both in the top 10 for DT points and Exie points) will have an enormous influence on the game. Rookies Muttation and tony might have grown up with luxury, but certainly aren't afraid to fly the flag for their team so expect some frees against them as a consequence.

PREDICTION
District 1 by 1 point in a diamond of a game

Leadership Groups, please have a valid team sheet submitted before the Reaping deadline of 11:59pm AEDT this Thursday

May the odds be ever in your favour

1 v C.png

Last edited:

7P17DlN.jpg

Hello Royals, good to see you all again. I hope its another fun week like the first time we played. Great writeup MWPP.

Lets go Bears, lets end this losing streak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like these games threads are getting earlier and earlier.

They being said, Go Bears
I feel like they’re considerably later than they used to be.
The Filth Wizard has a lot to answer for SMH
Haha. At least this late Monday evening release is the middle ground between the Monday evening/Tuesday evening proponents. And daylight savings was a factor too
We both had busy weekends and it probably shows..

Cheers for the thread MWPP was it planned or did you get sick of waiting for someone to post them?
Neither. Getting sick of waiting is so Round 4 and well, more planning would've resulted in more elaborate OPs
Maybe we should've kept everyone waiting until tomorrow ngiht....
1601902641989.png

Haymitch is exactly how I'm planning on approaching this week. I'll absolutely need to be drunk the entire time.

Hehe
1601903130971.png

This is my favourite Haymitch quote

THG is easily one of the weaker fantasy series' going around though, tbh.
We hosted a Hunger Games Werewolf game recently and wanted to continue the theme :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 11: Las Vegas Bears v Gold City Royals at The Stadium In The Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back