Official Match Thread SEASON 31 - ROUND 12: Sin City Swamprats vs Gumbies FFC at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

t8Fn96Z.png

GUMBIES FFC OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET
ROUND 12 v SIN CITY SWAMPRATS

B: NSWCROW - saintkildaman - peterss
HB: Genghis Tron - Jivlain - omgfridge
C: Ned Ryerson - Grimesy87 - StFly
HF: beez - Brick Loosener - wherearemykeys
F: EagleOz - Rodney Dangerfield - BlueE
FOLL: Barrybran - GWS Goose - Riviat

INT: bone2468 - Spuddd

Changes:

Grimesy87 -> CHB to C
Jivlain -> C to CHB

EagleOz - 151 Sweet FA games
(because I didn't read the milestone list correctly last week)

t8Fn96Z.png

Changes:

Grimesy87 -> CHB to C
Jivlain -> C to CHB

its-okay-i-guess.jpg

t8Fn96Z.png

Changes:

Grimesy87 -> CHB to C
Jivlain -> C to CHB

What an amazing, intense, exotic, outstanding team we got going. Awesomeness on every line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've played like utter sh*t but we still win.
Playing decoy for the great man is a thankless job

Thankless but required all the same. Your sacrifice allows him to shine.

t8Fn96Z.png

Changes:

Grimesy87 -> CHB to C
Jivlain -> C to CHB

well done EagleOz

Only an apron ;)
Reminds me of the incident at work in the 1980's - the guys had just finished a game of volleyball for morning PT, so it was time to hit the showers. One of the corporals became the innocent victim of a heartless thief - one of the sergeants snuck in and stole his clothes. Obviously he couldn't enter the office in his birthday suit, so he donned a butcher's apron, and with his bum cheeks alarmingly visible from the rear, he stormed into the office, seeking revenge. He roared, "I'M GONNA KILL YOU, WALKER." The rest of us were suitably amused, but I don't think the victim and the perpetrator fully reconciled from that day on.

Fire up for your #ratoftheweek for round 12 - Firestarter!!!

#ratoftheweek - Round 12 edition

Welcome back to another edition of #ratoftheweek.

After a performance against the Demons that can only be described as no good, the Swamprats could use a spark this week. This week's #ratoftheweek is the self-deprecating, dual premiership utility Firestarter. While he likes to say some funky sh*t, and is quick to shoot down any praise, us at the Rats certainly breathe easier when he's in the side.

sfa.png

Me: How did you come to join the Rats?
FS: Dingster and Ant Bear messaged me with an invitation. I realised I wanted a different place other than the North boards to ramble and shoot the proverbial -- especially when I'm so salty at the club that I stay away from the site altogether -- so I jumped at the chance.

Me: Do you have a pre-game routine? Any superstitions?
FS: Usually I have a bad feeling about the week ahead. Lately I've been telling everyone that I hate them and will see them next week. It often doesn't work so I have to find another way to get fired up.

Me: The Rats have been in a bit of a form slump of late, losing three of their last four games. Anything you can put your finger on that might be the cause?
FS: Me. The end.

Me: How did you survive the lockdown last year? (Over here in Adelaide we lost our minds at being locked up for three days - it was chaos in the bottleshops)
FS: I'm an introverted hermit at the best of times. As long as I know I can get toilet paper once a week I'm happy as Larry. Lockdown was a strange kind of blessing.

Me: With the Warriors leading, and the Bombers in second spot on the ladder, are you concerned that corruption may be present in the SFA?
FS: There's always been corruption in the SFA. I just figured we paid the next man up who pays the next man up from him. Like a well-oiled machine of deceit and lies.

Me: What initiatives would you like the SFA to bring in for season 32?
FS: It's possible to have initiatives? What, like a Grand Final breakfast thread that isn't the match thread?

Me: Ant Bear was seen rocking up to the Monday recovery (pub) session with a black eye? That wouldn't be as a result of the jokes he was making about North Melbourne would it?
FS: Unless he was also bending over and shuffling like he needed to take the longest piss, that wasn't me. I did offer a pint, though -- just never told him what was in it.

Well that does it for this week's edition of #ratoftheweek. Let's hope he can smack the Gumbies up.

Thanks for joining and we'll you all again next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread SEASON 31 - ROUND 12: Sin City Swamprats vs Gumbies FFC at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back