Official Match Thread Season 31 - Round 13: Sin City Swamprats Vs Dragons FFC @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Give a big round of applause for GotTheGoodes, who is this week's #ratoftheweek.

#ratoftheweek - Round 13 edition

Welcome back for another installment of #ratoftheweek. Following on from Firestarter winning the award last week, we've got another Rats' heavyweight for you again this week. This highly esteemed midfield has an All-SFA gong and a Toots medal to go with his two premiership medallions.

I caught up with him as he was gathering snacks and preparing to watch his beloved Swans.

goodes.png

Me: How did you come to join the Swamprats?

GtG: I stumbled upon the league while looking around the non-footy forums... While drunk... with no pants on... eating a bagel... So the Swampies seemed an obvious fit.

Legit.

Me: Most memorable win as a Swamprat?

GtG: The first GF win was pretty special.

Me: Can you see yourself ever attempting to repeat the 27-posts-per-week benchmark that made you respected by your team mates and positively feared by opponents?

GtG: Respected? Oh... uhhh... yeah, uh... ahem. Of course. Me. Ahem. Respected. Ahhh, yeah. Ummmm.... No.

Not 27. That was soooo season 28 to remind everyone about the season 27 premiers... Wait until we win our next one.

Me: Is it true that you put Rats rookie Catsnlakers in his place when he tried to steal your midfield spot?

GtG: Yes. I haven't been here having to deal with the smells, lack of pay or clothing for some bloody rookie hack (no offense to that rookie hack) to come waltzing in & steal my rightfully deserved hardly fought for spot ffs... If the LG ever wanted a Furies style plastic cutlery mutany... just sayin...

Me: In the spirit of the current match thread with the Dragons, what are your top three things to put on hot chips? (gravy, chicken salt, tomato sauce, etc)

GtG: 1. More hot chips
2. Chicken salt
3. Gravy

Me: How do you get out of work to go on the various qooty trips?

GtG: I drug my boss with alcohol & various sedatives & other narcotics... He loves it, so it works well for everyone.

Me: Slightly serious question now. How do you think the league is travelling at the moment in terms of posting quality and the level of interaction between posters?

GtG: Posting quality in the SweetFA is like a Picaso... it's what you make it. Where one poster sees the slight tinges of beauty another just sees a sloppy steamer.

Not sure exactly which kind of interaction between posters we should openly discuss here mate... ummm, it's been, uh... Good, I guess?!? Right?! I've not noticed much difference since stepping back last season honestly. I just hope everyone is enjoying themselves.

Well that wraps up another intriguing #ratoftheweek. Apologies for the lateness. Do tune in again next week - rumour has it, another LG member could be in the gun.

there is no need to venture further than west end export
I actually thought West End was ok. But that said I was drunk so my senses were impaired.

I actually thought West End was ok. But that said I was drunk so my senses were impaired.

I actually like the rough tasting beers like melbourne bitter, swan, west end

I wouldn't drink them too often but there a nice change from weak tasting beers

Can't stand those rough tasting beers. I always like a good ale. When I lived in Adelaide I think Coopers was all I ever had.

Can't stand those rough tasting beers. I always like a good ale. When I lived in Adelaide I think Coopers was all I ever had.

coopers in my opinion has 2 top 10 beers on the planet (pale and sparkling)

coopers in my opinion has 2 top 10 beers on the planet (pale and sparkling)

Really? Iā€™ve always thought Cooperā€™s Pale Ale was remarkably overrated. Like not a bad beer by any stretch, but I can think of a dozen pale ales Iā€™d have before it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swan Draught is amazing, very easy to drink. :thumbsu:

I have found that you almost need consider your beer like a wine. Everyone will have one that they can drink easily in a session. Personally I like the crisp lagers , Carlton Dry , Great Northern Original , Tooheys Dry etc . But there are some good craft beers in the pale ale range that go well with a meal but you would not buy half a dozen and sit around watching the footy drinking them.

Game day.
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 31 - Round 13: Sin City Swamprats Vs Dragons FFC @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back