Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 7 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gold City Royals at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a little present for the Royals. I'll give it to them after the game. I hope i haven't ruined the surprise too much by saying that!:laughv1:

If it isn't the Dune popcorn bucket, I don't want it

Sitting at home in Spotswood, thinking about tonight's game in that other code.

Torn. Do I go for the latest premiership hopefuls or the fallen top dog (very hard to stomach while on top but I like an underdog)? :think: We'll see how things unfold!

View attachment 1927335
The irony of a Hawks supporter stating a side was "very hard to stomach while on top".

Comedy Central Reaction GIF by Workaholics

The irony of a Hawks supporter stating a side was "very hard to stomach while on top".

I know, good wasn't it?! I love saying that, knowing full well everyone hated us and some still do... :tongueoutv1:

Fleabane_cheeky2.jpg

Last edited:

I lived through a Hawks and Tigers premiership dynasty and i lived to tell the tale.

Collingwood and Essendon though well that would be another story entirely.:laughv1:

The problem is I have to control myself whenever I go there. I always try something new when I do go though.
I worked for 3 years as a casual at Mondelez (Cadbury's factory in Ringwood) on a tasting panel (not chocolate - I thought that would be the death of me) until my other job got too busy. Very hard to resist the chocolate shop on the way out. Terry's chocolate oranges were about $2.50 - I just kept stocking up in case that changed!

That’s got to be the farthest an oppo has run away on one matchweek.

Now, Braklet - thoughts on farthest v furthest?
Good question. I say furthest, no idea if that's an American English thing or not.

Omg! If you work close to there…. have you been to Flour and chocolate at Northgate? THE BEST PASTRIES in Brissie.

I’ve restrained myself to once a month bc that’s a $100 buck trip easy and I eat it all in one day bc well….
I can 🤷🏼‍♀️
No I'll have to give it a try

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting at home in Spotswood, thinking about tonight's game in that other code.

Torn. Do I go for the latest premiership hopefuls or the fallen top dog (very hard to stomach while on top but I like an underdog)? :think: We'll see how things unfold!

View attachment 1927335
I mean camon. No brainer. Go for King Charlie!
images.jpeg-7.jpg

Good question. I say furthest, no idea if that's an American English thing or not.

I looked it up. Apparently farthest is for distance, and furthest is for any other use of the adverb.

Old boys about to be slammed at the spotswood

We always do thirsty Thursday here, so slammed is correct! But we’ll have our game face on come Sunday, don’t you worry!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 7 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gold City Royals at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back