Admin Notice Season 38 Administrator - Candidates Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to waste time going back to this but what I will say is that there were multiple deadlines missed by the club and you were active during this time despite being given extensions.
Missing two deadlines on the same day is not the same as missing multiple deadline dates. Very disingenuous given we were only contacted about a missed deadline ONCE.
Taking the piss out of the volunteers who help run this place is where I draw the line. This includes the Committee members.
Missing a deadline is not taking the piss. Completely subjugating the rules for your own hurt feelings is certainly not a mature response in any event.
I did not consult other clubs or put it to a vote,
That is a very disappointing answer. It is quite clear you will continue to circumvent the rules you are duty bound to enforce when it suits your agenda, and the opinion of the people you represent mean nothing against your hurt feelings from a cheeky response in a PM.
however I was in full consultation with BigFooty site administration throughout the entire show and had their full support in the actions that were taken.
You obviously have no trust or respect for the other representatives in the Committee if you are prepared to go behind their backs to manufacture a result you always knew was disproportionate and unfair.

Was expecting much better from someone who wants to be considered suitable to run this place.

@ All - do you envision any movement in regards to the implementation of a new simulator, given the immense work done by Kennedy Parker in this regard?
I do not have much knowledge about the new simulator by KP, but if KP feels it is fully functional and able to work effectively for a full season without any issues affecting the sim team then we can certainly try to implement it. I feel like that would be a community vote where every poster registered in Sweet-FA can vote a simple yes or no to use the new simulator or not.

Question to all the panel.

What is your thoughts on the current state of media and match threads?

Feels like to me match threads contain way too much general chatter now and its almost like that is all they are with the exception of maybe one or two teams. Would you encourage a return to banter and to keep general chat to a minimum?

How about media? Will you be more proactive in filtering out shitty media? (E.g one sentence OPs, media that just copy cats another media thread which lets be honest, were never really funny)

what do the nominees think are the 2-3 main skills needed for the role, and how do your strengths and experiences correlate?
Main one in my mind is being present during all major events and on time for rulings. An admin should be one of the first people you can contact about anything and they should be free to communicate on bigfooty every day. Things happen fast in this league and if the admin is unavailable for a day or two it can negatively affect an event. I typically log in everyday and check Sweet-FA and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Leadership and Respect are probably the other two. You need to know how to handle a large number of people shouting things in your ears and weighing up important decisions while also being respectful of everyones choices. I may not have as much experience as my nominated counterparts, but I know I have what it takes to handle the job well.

Feels like to me match threads contain way too much general chatter now and its almost like that is all they are with the exception of maybe one or two teams. Would you encourage a return to banter and to keep general chat to a minimum?

How about media? Will you be more proactive in filtering out shitty media? (E.g one sentence OPs, media that just copy cats another media thread which lets be honest, were never really funny)

I can’t say I’ve got any interest in trying to push into match threads. This place evolves in its own way, a return to banter means you need posters with a want or ability to sustain it.

Shitty media? Sure. No need to clog up the forum. The old Landfill thread will get a work out and people should see it as a badge of honour.

Let people be expressionists - and for those who wish to chat, good on them. It tells me that we’re in a healthy place as a league that people can have fun getting to chat to people each week and remain engaged regardless.

Media has been good though, with the news of Big Icky, it’s fair to expect an immediate drop off! Once again though, let people have fun so long as it’s in the spirit of the place.

Hear what you’re saying, but those threads might be fun or funny to someone and that’s okay too, right? People shouldn’t be expected to like everything nor everyone.

I’m very tired, but have a short answer for a change…

Media goes through ebbs and flows and right now a lot of people will probably say it is the former. I'm sure it will pick up again without much input by the admin.

With regards to the general chatter in match threads, it is my belief that people can post however they want. If they want to chat about what they had in their coffee this morning I won't discourage them not to. Let the people post what they want to post (within site rules of course).

Low effort media will only be landfilled if I believe it does not offer any discussion or new information. If enough people complain about a certain one sentence media thread then I will have it landfilled. I do want everyone to try their hand at media, as I feel like that is one of the best ways to dig your hands into this league, but there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. We don't want to have a new poster come into the league and see a dozen one word media threads on the first page screaming at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back