Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gold City Royals v Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

1721609798538.png
Welcome to a new season of qooty. The Sweet FA is back with the first round of the thirty eighth season!

Before we get into it lets quickly recap Season 37

When the siren sounded to end the Grand Final the Ophidian Old Boys won their second flag in just their fourth season in the league. OOBs rookie and EKA winner myblueroan also took home the Deestroy medal to go along with an All-SFA selection to cap off a fantastic first season.

pantskyle the all time league leader in MM votes won a second Mobbenfuhrer Medal with a mammoth 22 votes but was strangely overlooked for All-SFA selection

Brenton Davy won their first Fred Medal and got their first All-SFA finishing the season with 84 goals

Falconista went back to back in the Frankston Rover award, an amazing achievement, but wasn't done there also winning the Beez with 1510 votes

JoshWoodenSpoon won the TFLUA-Tiger award

The spoon was "won" by the Bombers despite both the Furies and Hawks receiving penalty points.

But now its Season 38 and the slate is wiped clean, every team starts with an equal chance of victory and every player with an equal shot at accolades

Season 38 Competitions
We've got several competitions up and running for Season 38 listed below with signups still open
Beat the Odds Tipping - Beat the bookie
Bovball - A ladder predictor game
Extreme Qooty Tipping - Tip it all upfront and profit
DreamTeam Challenge - Try to get the highest total DreamTeam score
Knockout Tipping - Last player standing wins
MarginMania - Pick the winners to get the highest margin

Matchup
Both teams made it to and lost preliminary finals in Season 37 and will be looking to go one better in Season 38. The Gold City Royals finished the home and away season a game clear on top of the ladder, the Roys finished fourth.

The two clubs have met 40 times with the Roys holding a narrow two game lead 21-19 courtesy of back to back wins in Season 37 including the Qualifying Final.

They Royals will be looking for a small measure of revenge, the Roys to extend the lead and both clubs will want to start with a win.

Captains please note Team Sheets are due by 11:59pm AWST Thursday
Cadsky Footypie32 Mobbs Mooch

Let's all give a big welcome to the newest Royals for season 38

Uncle_Leo
manicpie
xjamescleanx
Mr Cheese
Supersuns
Crimson Azure

You've all made the best decision of your Sweet FA qareer.
yes-oh.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everybody. As you none know, I've been sick for like 4 weeks and I am now here to contaminate all of you with more than just unbridled enthusiasm.

Season 38 is shaping up to be a season with a number. You can count on it. Or it. At least it.

Also rip to one of my favourite ever comic entities, Bob Newhart who died a few days back. Most of the inspiration for my stupid posts comes from either him or the Goon Show. I remember a day in the mid-eighties when I browsed Total Music in the mall and found a cassette tape with 8 of his most iconic conversations. To this day I still sometimes find myself blurting out "you set fire to it Wal?"

A great comic over the ages. Sad to lose him.

View attachment nh0101_2_three_day_pass.mp4

Here we are team. The moment we've all been waiting for. The beginning of the Royals new era and charge to the season 38 flag. Let's go!
Charge? We could stroll and win it. What a GROUP!

Hi everybody. As you none know, I've been sick for like 4 weeks and I am now here to contaminate all of you with more than just unbridled enthusiasm.

Season 38 is shaping up to be a season with a number. You can count on it. Or it. At least it.

Is it the new Bird flu or new covid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gold City Royals v Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back