Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : West Coast Wonders v Roys FFC at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Elmer_Hauser , I’m okay. Just let down once again. I have my sport and heavy metal to fall back on.

Bad luck old boy, I know what it’s like to see your team capitulate on the day. Maybe some Fear Factory, Dream Theatre, Opeth might help, with a few bourbons..

Or then there’s Cradle of Filth, Amon Amarth.

Then when the anger sets in… Cannibal Corpse

Bad luck old boy, I know what it’s like to see your team capitulate on the day. Maybe some Fear Factory, Dream Theatre, Opeth might help, with a few bourbons..

Or then there’s Cradle of Filth, Amon Amarth.

Then when the anger sets in… Cannibal Corpse
Opeth? Not a fan. I like Cradle of Filth, Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse though,

Apparently Cradle of Filth play in Melbourne tonight. Maybe wrong with the dates though

Opeth? Not a fan. I like Cradle of Filth, Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse though,

Apparently Cradle of Filth play in Melbourne tonight. Maybe wrong with the dates though
COF played last night in Melbourne at Northcote

Probably will crash by then.
scared bike GIF

Congrats Mooch re the Brissy win today. I know without a doubt you would have to be ultrachuffed. And from memory you had sorted yourself tickets too.

Eat Fresh shared plenty of pics from behind the goals over on social media today. Seemed to be having a good time.

Commiserations TheGoatBaron , it's not often we get to see a VFL GRAND FINAL anymore. Shame either team had to be the defeated. They'll crack it for a premiership soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spent the last week or two building the "Tarara Highlands" which is in the same nation as TheGoatBaron 's goat farm.

Whenever I'm doing large-scale terraforming, I start by making maps of the entire district, and then regularly updating the map floor with them ( tgrs is the only one who's seen the map floor in-game).

I take regular snapshots during the process and that leads to a pretty gif!

Tarara_Highlands_terraformation.gif

Last time I saw them live was when they played at the old Metro, IIRC that would have been back in 2010

I saw them just before Covid hit about 2019. Was a good show

Where did they play?

Been a while since I’ve been to a gig, was going to see a US indie band Cold play in Melbourne in Oct but they cancelled their show ☹️

Tomorrow's game will see windyhill running out for his 150th game for the Roys! It's vital that this be acknowledged!*

windyhill started his career in the opening round of Season 29 v the Gumbies, where he had a couple of touches and gave away two frees.

Soon settling in as a dour back pocket defender, his non-nonsense style has seen him fit in snugly and quietly as linkman cog helping to bring the ball back out of the danger zone on countless** occasions.

He's snuck over the 100 Dreamteam point mark on 3 occasions, including a day he kicked 3 goals v the Royals in S36, the PF of S34 where he snuck forward to kick 2, and a splendid 5-goal haul in his debut season v the Wonders when he was playing further up the ground.

But my favourite memory of windyhill was in our Grand Final win of S33. The staid backman had a mere 2 kicks and nothing else for the day, but 1 of those kicks was a salt-rubbing play where he again snuck upfield, and did this:
View attachment S33_R21(GF)_windyhill.mp4

Congratulations windyhill ! Many more premierships are due for you!***

Folks he won't notice this cos he barely reads the forum lol, so feel free to harass him into taking a peek!

_Mike_ , 3KZ is Football , Aristotle Pickett , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Dicky Fitzwell , Eat Fresh , Elmer_Hauser , Ed_Gein , fitzroybowiedog , HinkleysHeroes , JackNah_8 , judge judy , Mooch , Phar Ace , Pure Grunt , Reardo, royboy2 , Roylion , SpecialBruce , TheGoatBaron

* To avoid a listing in TheInjuryFactory 's Hall of Tame
** Could potentially be counted if we went through every match commentary he's been in.
*** Or not. I dunno. We'll try. Wanna be captain?

Where did they play?

Been a while since I’ve been to a gig, was going to see a US indie band Cold play in Melbourne in Oct but they cancelled their show ☹️
170 Russell. I go to about 2 or 3 a year.

Where did they play?

I saw local band here called River City Villains yesterday with judge judy . Was good fun.

Next major gig tho is very important for me as I've wanted to see TISM forever and never got a chance. But this time I have my tickets :)

Tomorrow's game will see windyhill running out for his 150th game for the Roys! It's vital that this be acknowledged!*

windyhill started his career in the opening round of Season 29 v the Gumbies, where he had a couple of touches and gave away two frees.

Soon settling in as a dour back pocket defender, his non-nonsense style has seen him fit in snugly and quietly as linkman cog helping to bring the ball back out of the danger zone on countless** occasions.

He's snuck over the 100 Dreamteam point mark on 3 occasions, including a day he kicked 3 goals v the Royals in S36, the PF of S34 where he snuck forward to kick 2, and a splendid 5-goal haul in his debut season v the Wonders when he was playing further up the ground.

But my favourite memory of windyhill was in our Grand Final win of S33. The staid backman had a mere 2 kicks and nothing else for the day, but 1 of those kicks was a salt-rubbing play where he again snuck upfield, and did this:
View attachment 2125133

Congratulations windyhill ! Many more premierships are due for you!***

Folks he won't notice this cos he barely reads the forum lol, so feel free to harass him into taking a peek!

_Mike_ , 3KZ is Football , Aristotle Pickett , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Dicky Fitzwell , Eat Fresh , Elmer_Hauser , Ed_Gein , fitzroybowiedog , HinkleysHeroes , JackNah_8 , judge judy , Mooch , Phar Ace , Pure Grunt , Reardo, royboy2 , Roylion , SpecialBruce , TheGoatBaron

* To avoid a listing in TheInjuryFactory 's Hall of Tame
** Could potentially be counted if we went through every match commentary he's been in.
*** Or not. I dunno. We'll try. Wanna be captain?

I am near 150 too I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : West Coast Wonders v Roys FFC at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back