Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Gold City Royals v Gumbies FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

1728277434402.png

vs

1728277461103.png
Let's start with a little bit of humour:

An attorney arrived home late, after a very tough day trying to get a stay of execution. His last minute plea for clemency to the governor had failed and he was feeling worn out and depressed.

As soon as he walked through the door at home, his wife started on him about, 'What time of night to be getting home is this? Where have you been? Dinner is cold and I'm not reheating it'!!

Too shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he poured himself a shot of whiskey and headed off for a long hot soak in the bathtub, pursued by the predictable sarcastic remarks as he dragged himself up the stairs.

While he was in the bath, the phone rang. The wife answered and was told that her husband's client, James Wright, had been granted a stay of execution after all. Wright would not be hanged tonight.

Finally realising what a terrible day he must have had, she decided to go upstairs and give him the good news. As she opened the bathroom door, she was greeted by the sight of her husband, bent over naked, drying his legs and feet.

'They're not hanging Wright tonight,' she said.

He whirled around and screamed, "FFS woman don't you ever let up?"

It's 4 v 6 in this game, so both teams are doing OK in season 38. But after this week, there's only 6 minor rounds left, so both teams will be going all out to pull off a victory. I'd also like to point out that there's only 4 premiership points plus percentage between 5th and 12th, so a loss at this stage could be very costly.

Let's look at the players from each team, who starred and embarrassed themselves in the last round:

Royals

Who’s hot

Cadsky: 24 possessions, 9 marks & a goal

Zevon: 19 possessions & 5 marks

Who’s not

Brenton Davy: 1 possession & free against (-1 DT points)

nahnah: 1 possession & 1 mark

Gumbies

Who’s hot

Dory_77: 20 possessions, 8 marks & 3 goals

Mop: 27 possessions, 5 marks & a goal

Who’s not

CatToTheFuture: 1 possession

saintkildaman: 5 possessions

Who wins?

Who knows - my tipping recently has been about as reliable as Ken Hinkley in preliminary finals. I'll say the Royals will triumph by 7 points.

Captains: please post your team sheets by 11.59pm AWST on Thursday!

1728277434402.png

vs

1728277461103.png

An attorney arrived home late, after a very tough day trying to get a stay of execution. His last minute plea for clemency to the governor had failed and he was feeling worn out and depressed.

As soon as he walked through the door at home, his wife started on him about, 'What time of night to be getting home is this? Where have you been? Dinner is cold and I'm not reheating it'!!

Too shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he poured himself a shot of whiskey and headed off for a long hot soak in the bathtub, pursued by the predictable sarcastic remarks as he dragged himself up the stairs.

While he was in the bath, the phone rang. The wife answered and was told that her husband's client, James Wright, had been granted a stay of execution after all. Wright would not be hanged tonight.

Finally realising what a terrible day he must have had, she decided to go upstairs and give him the good news. As she opened the bathroom door, she was greeted by the sight of her husband, bent over naked, drying his legs and feet.

It's 4 v 6 in this game, so both teams are doing OK in season 38. But after this week, there's only 6 minor rounds left, so both teams will be going all out to pull off a victory. I'd also like to point out that there's only 4 premiership points plus percentage between 5th and 12th, so a loss at this stage could be very costly.

Let's look at the players from each team, who starred and embarrassed themselves in the last round:

Royals

Who’s hot

Who’s not

Gumbies

Who’s hot

Who’s not

Who wins?

Who knows - my tipping recently has been about as reliable as Ken Hinkley in preliminary finals. I'll say the Royals will triumph by 7 points.

I’m hotter than you ugly campaigner

1728277434402.png

vs

1728277461103.png

Royals

Who’s hot

Who’s not

Gumbies

Who’s hot

Who’s not

Who wins?

I am usually described as not hot but only aesthetically.

I am breaking out this week

You see the problem? No wonder Cadsky is worn out with these ridiculous rules.

You haven't said which Thursday. There are literally infinite Thursdays to pick from.

You see the problem? No wonder Cadsky is worn out with these ridiculous rules.

You haven't said which Thursday. There are literally infinite Thursdays to pick from.
Of course I'm gonna say Thursday week - seeing the Royals lose another 4 points would be amusing :).

Of course I'm gonna say Thursday week - seeing the Royals lose another 4 points would be amusing :).
We'll still feature at the pointy end of the season.

We're still top 4. I'm just giving other clubs a chance after we finished on top last season. Wouldn't want to make it too easy on ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1728277434402.png

vs

1728277461103.png

Royals

Who’s hot

Who’s not

Gumbies

Who’s hot

Who’s not

Who wins?

Ken Hinkley is reliable in prelims.

Just a heads up Royals.

GWS Goose is going to be even more insufferable this week than he normally is. He's even more vindictive to the Storm than he is to the ALL-SFA selectors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Gold City Royals v Gumbies FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back