Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: West Coast Wonders v Sin City Swamprats at the Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Cubs2Lions and DemurePrincess

My wife is the best thing I have ever did in my life. She's awesome. I'm daily thankful for her and her family, who has always been welcoming to me.

My two kids are outstanding. I'm seeing them both sleeping at the couch right now. They are clever, talented, and good-looking (they look like their mother). They can be everything. They inherited my lack of self-confidence, though. I struggle to take that away from them, but I won't give up.

Let's cry together, then. It's Friday night, I'm drunk, so why not?

I'm 43 (44, in a couple of weeks). I was diagnosed 10 years ago, while struggling with a PhD in a foreign country with wife and two young kids. Up to that point, I had been able to overcome my shortcomings. All my mistakes ended up being amusing, although they always hurt a bit.

I failed in the PhD. I have abandoned Academia. I don't know what to do with my life since. I work in a job I'm not good at, but I'm unfireable, because it's a family business. Still, one can imagine what it does to my self-steem. Add up that my wife and kids don't like the city we live in, and the last decade has been a never-ending nightmare. From the outside, it all seems great. However, I know it's not. I feel like a waste.

I grew up as a mystery to teachers. My grades were all over the place. I would go relatively well with exams, but I couldn't get the "easy grades". I would give a good first impression, just to screw it all with some stupidity no long after. The activities that "any monkey would do" would always be the worst. No one seemed to understand how that could be possible.

I currently take Venvanse 70mg everyday. My oldest son is ADHD as well. I see all the great and all the bad things of me in him, and it's both awesome and scary. I didn't have many friends. He has any. It gets better in college, but he's still 3 years away from it. I wish I could help him, but I have my own demons to deal with first.
We could easily sit here and do that but I know I need to make changes.. sounds like you do too my friend!

Thanks so much for sharing hey! Its really comforting that this is the ‘norm’ for an ADHD sufferer but it doesn’t have to be.

It’s not a cure! But can’t wait to embrace it! Taking meds will give me some clarity and focus which I desperately need.

For example. I decided to spring clean my house… I have been distracted so many times that the motivation has now gone so instead of doing something I was going to enjoy… it’s now a ****ing chore.

**** **** ****ity **** 😂

My wife is the best thing I have ever did in my life. She's awesome. I'm daily thankful for her and her family, who has always been welcoming to me.

My two kids are outstanding. I'm seeing them both sleeping at the couch right now. They are clever, talented, and good-looking (they look like their mother). They can be everything. They inherited my lack of self-confidence, though. I struggle to take that away from them, but I won't give up.
How good is watching our babies sleep?? ❤️

It's not a disease.

It's like being left-handed or colourblind.

The issue is the world. It's not made for us.
Im left handed! We rock mate!

We use our imagination more!
We will live longer (apparently)
And our sex lives are better

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

Not that I believe in Astrology, but I'm Scorpio – and that's precisely what it's said about people who are Scorpio. I decided to believe in that part specifically.

Not that I believe in Astrology, but I'm Scorpio – and that's precisely what it's said about people who are Scorpio. I decided to believe in that part specifically.
Oh! So the stars tell everyone that??

Well shit! Everything I knew has just gone out the window!
#ybf [HASH=16524]#you[/HASH]'ve been framed [HASH=406487]#funny[/HASH] cat [HASH=967376]#burst[/HASH] your bubble [HASH=967376]#burst[/HASH] my bubble [HASH=967377]#bubblegum[/HASH] [HASH=349226]#pop[/HASH] GIF by You've Been Framed!

Oh! So the stars tell everyone that??

Yep. And who am I to go against the Cosmos?!

"But Scorpio are bad in everything else!"

Maybe, indeed; still, in bed, it's quite the contrary...

Weighing Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Yep. And who am I to go against the Cosmos?!

"But Scorpio are bad in everything else!"

Maybe, indeed; still, in bed, it's quite the contrary...

Weighing Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
I have nothing! Virgos are bossy and organised… if you could see my lounge room right now you would say I was lying lol

I have nothing! Virgos are bossy and organised… if you could see my lounge room right now you would say I was lying lol

My father, my wife, and my younger son are Taurus. I'm surrounded by horns...

My mom is Virgo. She's a bit bossy, but she's as unorganized as I am.

I have no idea on the meaning of any other sign. As I've said, I just have been told that "Scorpio is the worst sign of the entire zodiac, but also charming and sexy."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, I just looked out of curiosity, and this is actually very me:

Scorpio in Love​

Ruled by fiery Mars and destructive Pluto, a Scorpio in love has one mode for relationships—and that's full-on. Scorpio loves romance and passion, including up-all-night fights. Scorpio never does anything halfway, and believes that true love comes with true fights...

It works for friendships as well.

Everything else seems wrong though:

Now, I just looked out of curiosity, and this is actually very me:

It works for friendships as well.

Everything else seems wrong though:
I don’t read the stars!! Whole lot of bullshit for people needing something to validate their lives.

Imagine following the stars… I would I met the love of my life at least 12 times by now! It’s getting out of hand to chose between them all ffs 🤦‍♀️

Im left handed! We rock mate!

We use our imagination more!
We will live longer (apparently)

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: West Coast Wonders v Sin City Swamprats at the Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back