Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Dragons FFC v East Side Hawks @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the life of a minor sport in Australia.

I had to fundraise all three of Oceanics, World cup and my Grand Prix for my own sports goals (fell well short of the Olympics).

She won Oceanics Championships and has represented the country. Honestly good on her for that.
Yeah no doubt, not trying to take anything away from her, but I do how people are frustrated about it.

Government funding for small sports in this country sucks.

Yeah no doubt, not trying to take anything away from her, but I do how people are frustrated about it.

Government funding for small sports in this country sucks.

It does, but we do at least fund the majority of our athletes and sports.

The AIS is a beautiful facility and it has been a privilege to stay there on several occasions.

Think it's one of the reasons we have done so well at the Olympics in recent times.

It does, but we do at least fund the majority of our athletes and sports.

The AIS is a beautiful facility and it has been a privilege to stay there on several occasions.

Think it's one of the reasons we have done so well at the Olympics in recent times.
Which sport are you involved in? Sorry I didn't catch it earlier.

I think people's issues with it are more that she was the best person who could afford to travel and go through the qualification process.

I don't doubt we had more talented breakers who simply couldn't afford to go through the process.
We had two heptathletes who were very very average compared to the rest but no one cares about them

Reversed

Uno Reverse GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which sport are you involved in? Sorry I didn't catch it earlier.

Oh up until May this year I was a Fencer :)

Represented Australia at Oceanics in 2022 in a competition that was completely funded by the crew on the SFA.

Results from that got me selected in the Australian Squad, so earlier this year I represented Australia at world cup in Padua (nearly half my flights were funded by Bigfooty crew :)), then the Grand Prix in Seoul (completing a failed Olympic qualifying campaign).

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Dragons FFC v East Side Hawks @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back