Resource Season 38 Rules and Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I dream of a competent admin.

Oh, I'm competent. In my first run I'd find things that you could only dream of. The interesting question is did you find the errror in the Rats team post?

I honestly hoped that I wouldn't have to be league police again this season. This is a one-off, because squad submission is such a joyful time of the year.

SEC [4]. SQUAD MANAGEMENT/PLAYER MOVEMENT
Code:
[B]
4A) Initial Squad Submission[/B]

A valid player list or 'squad' must be submitted by a representative of each team prior to the deadline set by the administration in the nominated squad submission thread.

A valid squad submission post contains:

• a list of minimum 22 players and maximum 30 players, all of whom have active Bigfooty Accounts that are not aliases, and have been signed or retained through legitimate means - either rolled over from the previous season or signed correctly via 4D in the off-season.
  • an identifying characteristic of the team other than the poster.

Squad submission deadline in Season 38 was as follows:

Simply post your team's full squad in the below format, by 11.59pm Saturday [B]20th July 2024, AWST.[/B] After that date, announce any signings or delistings in this thread. Any questions, please bring them up in committee or via PM to myself.
Because I'm a masochist I like to check all new additions to the league, due to this fun rule, designed to prevent players being signed involuntarily:

4D) Free Agency

[U][B]Off-Season[/B][/U]

Free agency occurs between seasons from the earlier of; the elimination of your team from finals or the conclusion of the grand final to squad submission date. Free agents may only be signed with permission. Player movement between clubs is unrestricted with permission of the player.

[B]Any player signed during the offseason is required to make a post on the main Sweet FA forum confirming their participation with their new club before officially being added to the squad.[/B]

Any player movement not specified in the rules is not considered legal. In the event of uncertainty, the club must contact the administrator for consideration with the committee.

To the best of my knowledge, the only player in breach of this requirement in Season 38 was Warriors rookie brian_muz, who didn't post in the Sweet FA forum until the day after squad submission:

1721716334367.png

As per the rules, this is a Minor Offence, and attracts a warning for the Warriors.

6B) Minor Offence

The following list of offences will result in a [I]Strike[/I] under a 'Three-Strike Policy'. Which is outlined below:

1. Official Warning
2. 1-game suspension to the captain, if there are multiple captains at a club, the captain of the offending club will be randomly selected for suspension.
3. 2 point deduction, plus a 2-game suspension for the captain (if there are multiple captains at a club, the captain of the offending club will be randomly selected for suspension)
  • Failing to satisfy the maximum squad list requirement in season ([B]30[/B] eligible players) as per 4A
  • Incorrect squad changes as per 4B
  • [B]Incorrect player signing as per 4C and 4D[/B]
  • Naming an ineligible player on a team sheet as per 5B
  • Incorrect spelling of player names in a team sheet as per 5A
  • Incorrect team sheet formatting as per 5A
  • Any post in the squad submission thread notifying a squad change that did not occur as per 4A & 4B

The Filth Wizard

Last edited:
I honestly hoped that I wouldn't have to be league police again this season. This is a one-off, because squad submission is such a joyful time of the year.

I'll approach this first, mainly because it's not the first time something has come up in the last week or so in relation to this type of thing.

I'm not here to be the league police either. I am its Judge Judy and Executioner. If anybody sees something that contravenes the rules, until it is brought to my attention, or the attention of the committee, then if it does not get reported we have no idea to investigate it. I make the same argument as a moderator (here and abroad), we are not omnipresent and rely on whistleblowers to catch the bad guys. A similar private conversation was had the other day with somebody nameless, in relation to some perceived seriousness of the Dragons and Dav (and people talking about leaving) and my only possible response was this has not been brought up once with the admin (and still has not, though I'm not sure what we could charge the next season).

At that, this does not have to be you but having seen something please just let me know. I'll solve it.

Now on this one, it is perfectly correct. I am aware the poster in question was asked to post to confirm their availability but was not engaged enough to see if they had. As a result:

Rd 1 - The Coney Island Warriors captain Tonga Bob has been charged with breaching Rule 4C by incorrectly naming a player in squad submission who had not yet posted their intent to join. This results in a first warning.

SEC [4]. SQUAD MANAGEMENT/PLAYER MOVEMENT
Code:
[B]
4A) Initial Squad Submission[/B]

A valid player list or 'squad' must be submitted by a representative of each team prior to the deadline set by the administration in the nominated squad submission thread.

A valid squad submission post contains:

• a list of minimum 22 players and maximum 30 players, all of whom have active Bigfooty Accounts that are not aliases, and have been signed or retained through legitimate means - either rolled over from the previous season or signed correctly via 4D in the off-season.
  • an identifying characteristic of the team other than the poster.

Squad submission deadline in Season 38 was as follows:

Simply post your team's full squad in the below format, by 11.59pm Saturday [B]20th July 2024, AWST.[/B] After that date, announce any signings or delistings in this thread. Any questions, please bring them up in committee or via PM to myself.
Because I'm a masochist I like to check all new additions to the league, due to this fun rule, designed to prevent players being signed involuntarily:

4D) Free Agency

[U][B]Off-Season[/B][/U]

Free agency occurs between seasons from the earlier of; the elimination of your team from finals or the conclusion of the grand final to squad submission date. Free agents may only be signed with permission. Player movement between clubs is unrestricted with permission of the player.

[B]Any player signed during the offseason is required to make a post on the main Sweet FA forum confirming their participation with their new club before officially being added to the squad.[/B]

Any player movement not specified in the rules is not considered legal. In the event of uncertainty, the club must contact the administrator for consideration with the committee.

To the best of my knowledge, the only player in breach of this requirement in Season 38 was Warriors rookie brian_muz, who didn't post in the Sweet FA forum until the day after squad submission:

View attachment 2056697

As per the rules, this is a Minor Office, and attracts a warning for the Warriors.

6B) Minor Offence

The following list of offences will result in a [I]Strike[/I] under a 'Three-Strike Policy'. Which is outlined below:

1. Official Warning
2. 1-game suspension to the captain, if there are multiple captains at a club, the captain of the offending club will be randomly selected for suspension.
3. 2 point deduction, plus a 2-game suspension for the captain (if there are multiple captains at a club, the captain of the offending club will be randomly selected for suspension)
  • Failing to satisfy the maximum squad list requirement in season ([B]30[/B] eligible players) as per 4A
  • Incorrect squad changes as per 4B
  • [B]Incorrect player signing as per 4C and 4D[/B]
  • Naming an ineligible player on a team sheet as per 5B
  • Incorrect spelling of player names in a team sheet as per 5A
  • Incorrect team sheet formatting as per 5A
  • Any post in the squad submission thread notifying a squad change that did not occur as per 4A & 4B

The Filth Wizard

I'll approach this first, mainly because it's not the first time something has come up in the last week or so in relation to this type of thing.

I'm not here to be the league police either. I am its Judge Judy and Executioner. If anybody sees something that contravenes the rules, until it is brought to my attention, or the attention of the committee, then if it does not get reported we have no idea to investigate it. I make the same argument as a moderator (here and abroad), we are not omnipresent and rely on whistleblowers to catch the bad guys. A similar private conversation was had the other day with somebody nameless, in relation to some perceived seriousness of the Dragons and Dav (and people talking about leaving) and my only possible response was this has not been brought up once with the admin (and still has not, though I'm not sure what we swould charge the next season).

At that, this does not have to be you but having seen something please just let me know. I'll solve it.

Now on this one, it is perfectly correct. I am aware the poster in question was asked to post to confirm their availability but was not engaged enough to see if they had. As a result:

Rd 1 - The Coney Island Warriors captain Tonga Bob has been charged with breaching Rule 4C by incorrectly naming a player in squad submission who had not yet posted their intent to join. This results in a first warning.
buscemi 53.gif

I'm not here to be the league police either. I am its Judge Judy and Executioner. If anybody sees something that contravenes the rules, until it is brought to my attention, or the attention of the committee, then if it does not get reported we have no idea to investigate it. I make the same argument as a moderator (here and abroad), we are not omnipresent and rely on whistleblowers to catch the bad guys. A similar private conversation was had the other day with somebody nameless, in relation to some perceived seriousness of the Dragons and Dav (and people talking about leaving) and my only possible response was this has not been brought up once with the admin (and still has not, though I'm not sure what we could charge the next season).

That's cool and all but is the player signed up correctly and eligible to be played this week? Or do they need to go through the sign up process now? Genuine question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's cool and all but is the player signed up correctly and eligible to be played this week? Or do they need to go through the sign up process now? Genuine question
As a club captain shouldn't you know the answer to this?

As a club captain shouldn't you know the answer to this?
That's a bit harsh. I'm asking for clarity since it wasn't explained in full detail. Sorry if I don't meet your lofty expectations of what constitutes a competent club captain.

That's a bit harsh. I'm asking for clarity since it wasn't explained in full detail. Sorry if I don't meet your lofty expectations of what constitutes a competent club captain.
I didn't think wanting competency was lofty but I guess that was more being introduced to the league via Mount Buller

I didn't think wanting competency was lofty but I guess that was more being introduced to the league via Mount Buller
Now now friends lets throw rocks where they belong…at Tonga Bob !

Now now friends lets throw rocks where they belong…at Tonga Bob !
Throwing Black And White GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Quite right, take that Bobbo

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Season 38 Rules and Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back