Resource Season 38 Rules and Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean the thing you did?

Gold City Royals argue that the rules exist for others who do bad things on purpose not us who do bad things on accident
Yes Gold City Royals laughed at others getting whacked for innocent mistakes but Gold City Royals think their mistakes are even more innocent and less funny

I submit that this attempt to get out of your just desserts is itself a second offense so throw the book at them committee

The big heavy one with sharp corners
what the **** is wrong with you

what the **** is wrong with you
perfect strangers shrug GIF

Gold City Royals argue that the team sheet deadline exists only to prevent intentional hindrance of the Simmers from simming games in a timely manner. As the team sheet was submitted less than 4 hours after the deadline, it is clear there was no intention to hinder the simmers

My oh my, how the tune changes when the shoe is on the other foot. Surely you're not attempting to claim legal advantages based on the fact that you're also a simmer?

I can only wonder how many times the phrase "RULES ARE RULES" was lobbed around by many (including Moz) during Thrillagate.

Gold City Royals wish to appeal the charge laid out by administrator The Filth Wizard for a breach of section 4a "Failing to submit a valid initial squad in the squad submission thread by deadline"

The Gold City royals did indeed submit a valid squad list in the squad submission thread prior to deadline. As seen in the post below, the squad was submitted on 30th June, much earlier than the 20th July submission deadline. The Royals request this charge be withdrawn immediately.

The Gold City Royals also wish to appeal any potential future charges relating to rule 6A "Failure to submit a complete team sheet in the submission thread by the deadline as per 5A"

Gold City Royals argue that the team sheet deadline exists only to prevent intentional hindrance of the Simmers from simming games in a timely manner. As the team sheet was submitted less than 4 hours after the deadline, it is clear there was no intention to hinder the simmers from performing their duties. As it currently stands at 2.30pm, 11.5 hours after submission deadline, NO GAMES have been simmed for the coming week by any simmer. It is clear that the accidental late submission has caused no hinderance of the simmers or simming process due to the short timeframe it was submitted after deadline.

The Royals also argue that the penalty of 4 premiership points and a 2 game suspension for the captain (me) is is excessive in its nature and the punishment does not fit the crime. We argue that the punishment should sit somewhere between minor and major offence. A single games suspension for the offending captain and NO deduction of premiership points is a far more reasonable punishment for a first offence.

I look forward to the committee discussing all points raised above on their merit and determining a reasonable outcome.
Gold City Royals also argue that we have acted within the rules as they are written.

6A) Major Offence

The following list of offences will result in a 4 point plus a 2-game suspension for the captain (if there are multiple captains at a club, the captain of the offending club will be randomly selected for suspension) in league standings:

• Failure to submit a complete team sheet in the submission thread by the deadline as per 5A
SEC [5]. TEAM SUBMISSION

5A) Submission Rules

The deadline for team sheet submission is the Thursday 11:59 PM Western Australia Time before a match unless stated otherwise by the Administrator

The Rules state a complete team sheet must be submitted by "11:59 PM Western Australia Time before a match" Our team sheet was in fact submitted before a match, as there are plenty of matches the following week. It does not state that it must be before that specific weeks match. We have met the criteria as it is worded and request that the charge be dropped immediately.

Gold City Royals also argue that we have acted within the rules as they are written.

6A) Major Offence

The following list of offences will result in a 4 point plus a 2-game suspension for the captain (if there are multiple captains at a club, the captain of the offending club will be randomly selected for suspension) in league standings:
  • Failure to submit a complete team sheet in the submission thread by the deadline as per 5A
SEC [5]. TEAM SUBMISSION

5A) Submission Rules

The deadline for team sheet submission is the Thursday 11:59 PM Western Australia Time before a match unless stated otherwise by the Administrator

The Rules state a complete team sheet must be submitted by "11:59 PM Western Australia Time before a match" Our team sheet was in fact submitted before a match, as there are plenty of matches the following week. It does not state that it must be before that specific weeks match. We have met the criteria as it is worded and request that the charge be dropped immediately.
The Filth Wizard

My oh my, how the tune changes when the shoe is on the other foot. Surely you're not attempting to claim legal advantages based on the fact that you're also a simmer?
Cads would never sim a Royals match, so it's the other simmers who are the true victims here.

Cads would never sim a Royals match, so it's the other simmers who are the true victims here.
I'm also one of the real victims here. I was waiting up all Thursday in anticipation of the Royals team sheet and when it never came I was utterly disappointed. The pain and anguish I experienced will never be undone. Cadsky shame on you.

6A) Major Offence

SEC [5]. TEAM SUBMISSION

5A) Submission Rules

Mate, you'd have an argument here except...you specifically titled your team sheet submission:
1725677128767.png

Mate, you'd have an argument here except...you specifically titled your team sheet submission:
View attachment 2103683
Yeah, I did. The rules don't say anything about what round it has to be posted before. Titling the team sheet is part of the rules. We've followed every rule required.

Yeah, I did. The rules don't say anything about what round it has to be posted before. Titling the team sheet is part of the rules. We've followed every rule required.
Except posting it before Thursday 11:59 PM Western Australia Time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of which week? Do the rules specify that?
Seriously? Its clearly for the week of the given round. You're bordering on BTGID territory pal.

Lol, nowhere near it. The rules don't specify. It's pretty obvious.
"Before a match". The upcoming matches are this week, Round 7. I know you're just trolling at this point and I shouldn't bother, but I'd think the powers that be would rather not have their time wasted.

"Before a match". The upcoming matches are this week, Round 7. I know you're just trolling at this point and I shouldn't bother, but I'd think the powers that be would rather not have their time wasted.
Insinuations are not rules. There is a different and that needs to be recognised.

I’m not even entertaining this as part of the appeal and will not even consider rewording unless there is a majority push.

The committee have ruled in majority the appeal be dismissed and the original (second original) charge be upheld.

The number one rule to follow is that of common sense. We all know the team sheet being published is for the upcoming match to be played. The appeal wasn’t even predicated on this argument, it was based on a theory a simmer wasn’t inconvenienced with a sprinkle of it’s a bit harsh innit when it happens to me. The idea that this would be treated like a movie where the first time lawyer stumbles upon the smoking gun minutes before sentencing is delicious but unrealistic.

I’m not even entertaining this as part of the appeal and will not even consider rewording unless there is a majority push.

The committee have ruled in majority the appeal be dismissed and the original (second original) charge be upheld.

The number one rule to follow is that of common sense. We all know the team sheet being published is for the upcoming match to be played. The appeal wasn’t even predicated on this argument, it was based on a theory a simmer wasn’t inconvenienced with a sprinkle of it’s a bit harsh innit when it happens to me. The idea that this would be treated like a movie where the first time lawyer stumbles upon the smoking gun minutes before sentencing is delicious but unrealistic.
Is this when we double the penalties mate?

Is this when we double the penalties mate?

I just want to be seen as a good admin, greatest of all time just makes it harder to be seen for what I truly am, a wonderful singer.

I just want to be seen as a good admin, greatest of all time just makes it harder to be seen for what I truly am, a wonderful singer.
My kid thought your name was The Fish Wizard and was a little disappointed it wasn't.

I'll ask them if you being a wonderful singer helps at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Season 38 Rules and Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back