Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Byron Maxwell: Seahawks should have run it in the Super Bowl
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2015, 7:49 AM EDT
byronmaxwell.jpeg
AP
Like most of us, Byron Maxwell was thinking at the end of the Super Bowl that it was time for the Seahawks to hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

Maxwell, who just left Seattle to sign with the Eagles, told WIP in Philadelphia that he believes the Seahawks would have beaten the Patriots if they had run the ball. Instead, Russell Wilson threw the game-sealing interception at the 1-yard line.

“I’m pretty sure, yeah I think so,” Maxwell said. “Looking back at it, I think Pete Carroll thinks that too. You know, he’s like, ‘Man, should I probably hand the ball off?’ He’s like ‘Yeah, probably.’ I mean, we all make mistakes. I don’t think he was doing nothing malicious or nothing like that, but you know he definitely was like, ‘Yeah, I probably should have handed the ball off.’”

Maxwell said it was tough for him and his fellow Seahawks to live with the way that game ended.

“It just breaks your heart,” Maxwell said. “That’s the only way I can explain it. It’s like heartbreaking. It’s like wow, especially what we was about to do. We were about to like, back-to-back, that means a lot more. You know, as far as like legacy and all that and being mentioned with like the great teams—Dallas Cowboys, even New England. So what it meant that’s what kind of hurts and had a chance to put the defense up there with the greats too. It hurts, but in the end you have to move on.”

Maxwell has moved on, and hopes to win a Super Bowl in Philadelphia.

Carroll says sting of his Super Bowl play call will never go away
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 23, 2015, 7:05 AM EDT
pete-carroll.jpg
AP
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says he and quarterback Russell Wilson may never get over the last play call of the Super Bowl, when Wilson threw a game-sealing interception at the 1-yard line.

Carroll told NFL Network that he doesn’t think it’s possible to move past something like that.

“Those kinds of occurrences? They don’t go away. They don’t go away. You just put them somewhere so you can manage the properly. It’s back there,” Carroll said.

According to Carroll, that’s not necessarily a bad thing because it becomes motivation for this year.

“I’m fueled by it and I always have been and there’s a big part of me that doesn’t want to let it go. I want to make sure that I’m always with it, I always know what happened so I can learn from it,” Carroll said.

Carroll said Russell Wilson was devastated by the ending of the Super Bowl.

“He thinks of it every day. He told me that: Every day it comes to mind,” Carroll said. “The impact of these games are life long, one way or the other. I can only imagine what it was like to be the Buffalo Bills. I don’t know how that would have been for them. Not just once, but four times in a row, for years and years and years and years to have to deal with that. I can’t even fathom that and I’m not going to — that’s not going to happen. Russell has taken it extremely hard, just because of the competitor he is, and I would expect nothing less.”

The question now facing the Seahawks is whether the sting of the loss in the Super Bowl will motivate them to get better, or whether losing the Super Bowl will result in them taking a step backward. No team has won the Super Bowl the year after losing it since the Dolphins in Super Bowl VI and Super Bowl VII. Perhaps the Seahawks can do it.

Carroll says sting of his Super Bowl play call will never go away
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 23, 2015, 7:05 AM EDT
pete-carroll.jpg
AP
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says he and quarterback Russell Wilson may never get over the last play call of the Super Bowl, when Wilson threw a game-sealing interception at the 1-yard line.

Carroll told NFL Network that he doesn’t think it’s possible to move past something like that.

“Those kinds of occurrences? They don’t go away. They don’t go away. You just put them somewhere so you can manage the properly. It’s back there,” Carroll said.

According to Carroll, that’s not necessarily a bad thing because it becomes motivation for this year.

“I’m fueled by it and I always have been and there’s a big part of me that doesn’t want to let it go. I want to make sure that I’m always with it, I always know what happened so I can learn from it,” Carroll said.

Carroll said Russell Wilson was devastated by the ending of the Super Bowl.

“He thinks of it every day. He told me that: Every day it comes to mind,” Carroll said. “The impact of these games are life long, one way or the other. I can only imagine what it was like to be the Buffalo Bills. I don’t know how that would have been for them. Not just once, but four times in a row, for years and years and years and years to have to deal with that. I can’t even fathom that and I’m not going to — that’s not going to happen. Russell has taken it extremely hard, just because of the competitor he is, and I would expect nothing less.”

The question now facing the Seahawks is whether the sting of the loss in the Super Bowl will motivate them to get better, or whether losing the Super Bowl will result in them taking a step backward. No team has won the Super Bowl the year after losing it since the Dolphins in Super Bowl VI and Super Bowl VII. Perhaps the Seahawks can do it.
It will haunt us supporters as well.

There is light however and that is to win another in the next year or two. As a Roo supporter 98 stung as we were beaten as the better side. However winning 99 erased the bad memories of 98. Hopefully this time next year Superbowl 50 has helped erased Superbowl 49!!

It will haunt us supporters as well.

There is light however and that is to win another in the next year or two. As a Roo supporter 98 stung as we were beaten as the better side. However winning 99 erased the bad memories of 98. Hopefully this time next year Superbowl 50 has helped erased Superbowl 49!!
I'm still waiting to erase the SB loss to the Bucs :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does everyone think we'll do tomorrow?

Personally I hope we go for O-Line at 63 but I can't help but feel we'll go WR (especially if the unlikely situation happens where Green-Beckham fall to us) or CB which for me are low on the list of priorities unless we can get a WR who is also a good returner. I like my mock pick of Tre' Jackson at 63 if available.

Seahawks scrutinized for drafting Frank Clark despite domestic violence accusation
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 5, 2015, 8:52 AM EDT
frankclark.jpeg

The Seahawks used their first pick in this year’s draft on Frank Clark, a defensive end who was kicked off the team at Michigan after he was accused of domestic violence. Now they’re facing some scrutiny in Seattle.

The Seattle Times has a report out todaynoting that while the Seahawks claim they conducted a thorough investigation before deciding to pick Clark, the two witnesses who called police to report the incident say they never heard from the Seahawks.

Kristie Colie, who was staying in the hotel room next to one being used by Clark and his then-girlfriend, says she saw a woman who “was definitely beat up.”

“She looked unconscious,’’ Colie said. “She looked like she was knocked out, and then she started to move slowly.’’

The police report describes the victim as saying Clark punched her in the face. It also quotes the victim’s brothers as saying they witnessed Clark punch her. According to the brothers, when the victim tried to defend herself, Clark “grabbed her by the throat, picked her up off the ground and slammed her to the ground while also landing on top of her.’’

The domestic violence incident wasn’t Clark’s first run-in with the law. In 2012 he wasconvicted of a felony charge of second-degree home invasion. On the domestic violence charge, prosecutors allowed Clark to plead guilty to a reduced charge of persistent disorderly conduct and get off with a $250 fine.

Seahawks wouldn’t draft Frank Clark with charges pending
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 8, 2015, 7:29 AM EDT
cd05oddlnmnhy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vly2yzocznptiwyzhiotrjytdkm2e3zje3ntyzntg5njk5ndgwy2yx-e1431084547219.jpeg
Getty Images
For the Seattle Seahawks, domestic violence charges would have made Frank Clark untouchable.

At least until those charges went away.

The agent for the former Michigan defensive end said that the Seahawks told Clark at the Scouting Combine in February the charges of hitting his ex-girlfriend would have taken him off their draft board.

If he has these charges pending, we won’t draft him,” agent Erik Burkhardt recalled being told by the Seahawks, via Tom Pelissero of USA Today.

Of course, after the combine, he pleaded down to a fourth-degree misdemeanor charge of persistent disorderly conduct. He was fined $250 and $100 in court costs and went to counseling.

The decision has drawn plenty of fire, as you might imagine in a post Ray Rice/Greg Hardy NFL.

The Seahawks have been criticized, as well as the prosecutor who said she didn’t see evidence that Clark hit the woman.

“It was not what I refer to as a battering or domestic violence situation,” Lynne Gast-King, the municipal prosecutor for Sandusky, Ohio said. “It was a verbal argument that went into a physical argument that spiraled out of control, and both parties had their part in this. . . .

“We need to reserve the heaviest level of the law for those people who truly are batterers and the victims who have no way out of these abusive relationships. I am supposed to protect the victim and the public, and I think we have done that.

“If the NFL doesn’t like it, that’s really not what I’m worried about.”

While her staunch stance might have helped, the Seahawks did their own work.
They talked to Clark’s attorney and counselor, and brought him in for a visit and sat him down with their own sports psychologists. They sent one of their area scouts to Ann Arbor for two days specifically to dig into the case. What they found was the same story other teams heard: An argument turned physical when the woman threw something at him, and Clark restrained her, but never hit her.

That’s not consistent with the version in the police report, and it’s not a story many will buy at face value.

But the Seahawks were willing to give him a chance, putting their reputations on the line for his.

Police disagree with prosecutor letting Frank Clark off with a fine
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 8, 2015, 6:27 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwywnzy4zjk4otk4zgywnge5ndcwytmwmgu5mdywnzm0-e1428685088685.jpeg
Getty Images
The prosecutor who gave Seahawks second-round draft pick Frank Clark a plea deal that allowed him to get off with a $250 fine on a domestic violence charge is facing criticism from the local police chief and others.

Sandusky, Ohio, prosecutor Lynne Gast-King claims she allowed Clark to plead down to disorderly conduct after he was originally charged with assault and domestic violence because she does not believe Clark struck the victim. But the police report says Clark punched the victim in the case and includes photographs with bruises on the victim consistent with such an attack. The local police chief, Ken Klamar, says he can’t understand why the prosecutor doubts the information in the police report.

I disagree with her,” Klamar told the Sandusky Register. “I believe what was written [in the police report] is an accurate portrayal of what happened that night. . . . The professional work that we did was tremendous and similar to any other domestic violence incident we would handle. They were not mutual combatants. His strength versus her strength? His size versus her size? Without question, [Clark] was the aggressor in that incident, and I stand by the work. I stand by the decision to file charges of domestic violence and assault, and I don’t see it any other way.”

The Seahawks have faced scrutiny for picking Clark despite the domestic violence accusation, but General Manaager John Schneider says he does not believe Clark hit the victim. Schneider hasn’t said why he thinks the information in the police report is wrong.

Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks GM John Schneider hinted Russell Wilson may be willing to give the team a discount in long-term talks.

"Russell Wilson wants to win championships," Schneider said. "(And that means) thinking outside of the box a lot of times. ... He knows, he gets it. He wants to win. He wants to win for a long time." It's optimistic talk, but NFL Network reported in January that Wilson's next deal will likely make him the highest-paid quarterback in the league. Wilson's agent will do his best to steer him away from any home-town discount.

Source: Seattle Times
Are you ever right?

Dash-cam video from Frank Clark arrest released
Posted by Josh Alper on May 13, 2015, 8:07 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte5ndg0yzvkzgm3ztdly2zkm2uzogmyodbimdu2owvm.jpeg
AP
Defensive end Frank Clark’s arrest last year on domestic violence charges has been the subject of renewed scrutiny since Seattle selected him in the second round of the draft and police in Sandusky, Ohio have now released dash-cam video from the November 15 incident.

Clark is not seen in the video, but his initial interactions with police are captured on audio. Clark identifies himself and admits that he’s been drinking, but insists that he never hit Diamond Hurt during an argument in a hotel room.

“Like I was saying before you guys pulled up, you can look at the scars on my face,” Clark said in video obtained by the Sandusky Register through a public records request. “You can look at everything on my face. And you can look at everything on her face. I ain’t did (expletive) to her. I ain’t touched the woman. You know what I’m saying? She’s a woman.”

In the police report from that night, Hurt is described as having “a large welt on the left side of her cheek and blood near the left side of her temple area” and Hurt says Clark punched her in the face. She did not want to press charges, but the police arrested Clark based on the physical evidence.

The video also includes a conversation between officers and a hotel manager in which she recounts Hurt’s younger siblings running from the room saying that Clark was trying to kill their sister. Based on similar quotes from the police report, it appears that the manager is Stephanie Burkhardt. Burkhardt says that Clark told her that he’d “hit you the way I hit her” that night.

Clark ultimately pled guilty to a disorderly conduct charge, a prosecutorial decision that police disagreed with, and the Seahawks drafted him after a check into the incident that didn’t include conversations with the witnesses that called the police to alert them to the disturbance in the hotel room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back