Game Day Second Qualifying Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this no paying out on any of our guys.

Absolutely nothing's gone our way . We haven't got anyone better than the guys we have in there overall and we need more experience, more composure, a bit more effort from 4 or 5.

So a Miracle on Grass is required in the fourth. Our third, which is our best quarter, was poor. Can’t see it happening but if we hang in there, I’ll feel more confident next week.

GWS don’t worry me but which Lions side will rock up. 6.14 or 14.6.

Great play from Berry. Been one of our better mids this quarter.

Execution has been average tonight but he's not alone.

I really hope we get him into the middle much more often next season. When he rotates through there he shows that he hasn't been getting the time he both needs (to develop) and deserves (to impact).

We need bigger bodies. Mathieson, Keays, Lester, Walker deserve a shot.

If we are serious, we should drop Witherden, Bailey, McStay and Answerth.

20 score to 18.

Down by 38.

Hate to talk about learning experience etc but this is a learning experience for the players on the big stage about taking opportunities. If you don't take them, the opposition always will.

We havent actually played that bad tonight if not better them than just cant kick it straight.
We were on top for about a quarter and broke even for half of a second but couldn't nail it, they were on top for about a quarter and a half and slammed the advantage home.

No point having a meltdown. We're still a good side. Richmond are the best team in it and we should have been 5 goals up at half time. They smell blood better than anyone, they were on another level that quarter.

We brought the right style of game to win it with the personnel we have and we just didn't capitalise plus the umps cost us at least 2 ,probably 3.

That completely sapped our energy and they knew what to do and got on a roll.

Not giving this season away . We'll learn a lot and be able to point out to a few guys where they need to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep 3 of the easy shots we missed in the second final quarter would be very different
I think Richmond would still be up even if we'd nailed our chances. They were just so good when they were on.

Was a very fun first quarter mind you and the second was nerve racking.

Certainly prefer the nervous finals experience than missing out on it for 10 years. Despite the result.

This team has the honour of being the first Lions team to lose a final at the Gabba in the club’s history.

Well done lads.:rolleyes:

Ok, that's just dumb. It sounds like you'd have rathered the team finish 7th or lower so that way we could've had maintained a nice irrelevant record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back