Security at AFL grounds

Remove this Banner Ad

"Intelligence" is not going to top some person sitting at home , watching these videos and being manipulated by them, said person googles how to make a bomb and can detonate it any where they choose. Football, school, hospital etc.

What is fundamentally wrong with these people that they are so easily persuaded to kill strangers?

it's getting ridiculous quite frankly. I grew up in a place where I had to check under my car for bombs every morning and shut the curtains before turning the light on when going into a room at night in case there was a sniper outside. You just get on with it. If someone wants to do something like this bad enough then they're going to find a way do it no matter what you put in place to stop it and the measures people are proposing severely limit people's way of life.

We don't ban driving because a bunch of people die on the roads. We haven't even banned smoking FFS, both things kill way more people than terrorism ever will.

Jesus, where the hell did you grow up???

The airplane analogy is way off. Airport security is vital because on a plane if something goes wrong everyone generally dies, given they are in a huge metal container a long way off the ground.

Security in these sorts of cases (ie metal detectors) generally is directed at stopping something after it has happened for the first time. In a situation where there is no credible threat, and the event has never happened, a costly and time consuming exercise should be undertaken anyway?

What about the courts?

And thread Godwinned.
Not really how it is meant. Comparing someone to a Nazi, or Hitler, or accusing someone of being a Nazi is what it means. Referring to Hitler in a discussion on how easy it is to convince zealots to kill would be a historically apt analogy.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Who knows. Its always been the case. Hitler had people convinced that killing jews was a good idea.
respect, it goes both ways in a social exchange.

why didn't the british empire show due respect to the occupiers of this brown land when they arrived? was it arrogance? or was it a religious based superiority ? my god is bigger than yours?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long before AFL games are lockout games, played in empty stadiums? Imagine a showdown with no people at it, or a Gf only watchable on tv, the times they are a changin', military personnel patrolling boundary lines, car bomb goes off in the GF parade. I've already stopped going to theatres and rock concerts.
Out of a world population of 7 billion, 130 of them die one night on the other side of the world, and it's enough to make you stop going to shows and gigs?

Jesus man, get some perspective! Read up on probability.

Actually, bugger that, just read some damn history.

AFL plans to boost security at stadiums in wake of Paris attacks
The AFL will significantly boost security at stadiums across Australia next season, while fans at the Boxing Day Test will also be subject to more stringent searches at the MCG in the wake of the Paris terror attacks.

Following a national stadium-by-stadium review of its match-day practices, the AFL will provide greater security at the gates and extra protection for fans, players, umpires and support staff next season. Plain clothes security personnel will be stationed across all AFL venues and extra funds will be made available for technology.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...in-wake-of-paris-attacks-20151201-glcuxm.html

Cricket fans face security fence at the MCG
Cricket fans heading to the MCG for the Boxing Day Test and Big Bash League are set to face an extra layer of security, with a new fence around the stadium mooted.

The MCG and Victoria Police have called a press event for Thursday morning about new security measures but are keeping tight-lipped about the details.

Fairfax Media understands the plan involves a new perimeter fence which will be set up around the stadium concourse.

1450251024286.jpg

To become known colloquially as "the Muslim fence"...

If gunman get inside the fence and starts shooting hypothetically, is it really a good idea to have a fence so that people can't escape? Imagine the bottle neck at the exits if everyone is trying to get out at once.
I don't think it's a good idea personally

If gunman get inside the fence and starts shooting hypothetically, is it really a good idea to have a fence so that people can't escape? Imagine the bottle neck at the exits if everyone is trying to get out at once.
Or they sit at the fence sniping people off. ****ing ridiculous.

It'd be the same if they got into the actual stadium or went to the bottle necks at Richmond station or the concourse between Etihad and the trainstation

Remove this Banner Ad

Security at AFL grounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back