List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We're armed with picks 30 and 47 to go into this year's National Draft, now that the trade millennium is finally over. Also we have picks 65, 77 and 83 but I doubt we'll see much action there.

Who do we get with our two picks? If I could have it my way, and if these players are available, i'd pick Dayle Garlett at 30, and Mitch Thorp at 47. Garlett for obvious reasons, Thorp because if one of Tarrant, Black or Petrie go down with injury early next season, I don't think Majak can fill the hole due to a limited pre-season. Thorp, with some immense talent that he finally seems to be able to use for the best, would be worth a spot on our list.

If we do use pick 65, we could even go for Joel Tippett as KPD insurance. The draft is less than a month away, I can't wait.

I would agree and hope we get Garlett. With our other pick depending on if we de-list Mabon or not, I would want a young ruck that we can develop or even a you Key forward or back that we can help develop as well.

Cam Conlon will go in the 20's or early 30's imo, especially to a side with a few picks.

Brisbane would be crazy not to go for him, with the glut of mid range picks they have, they need to roll the dice on a few elite talents.

In saying that, I'd be wrapped with him at either of the picks, as long as we pickup a small forward with the other.

pick 30 - Darcy Gardiner or Dayle Garlett if either are still available at that stage. I doubt Gardiner will still be there though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30: Hartung, Kennedy-Harris, impey
47: garlett, conlon
65: Joel tippet

We get Kennedy Harris and Garlett I am laughing so hard, our squad *if it wasn't already* would just be one giant offensive weapon of death

Yeah we really need to address this key backman issue a-saap. A good mix of mobility, strength and skill is needed. Probably what Delaney lacked, although, I thought Kennedy had

I like the look of Matt Sully from Geelong's VFL team. Might get a b it of deja vu like we did with Scott Thompson as Sully is in the same position as Thompson. Same team, mature aged and just waiting for an opportunity

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back