List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we likely to only use the first 2 picks in the ND and then a couple of RD picks? When are final delistings?

Consensus seems to be that Kennedy, Gysberts, Mabon, Richo & Speight will go. Like most, I'd like best available small forward/mid & tall in ND and then a couple of mature rookies to cover KPD and Ruck/KPF. I'd take the risk on Garlett and Thorpe.

I've watched Mitch Thorpe this year and he would be a great pick up playing as the third tall or even wing. Has completely turned himself around and I was super impressed with his coaching. Would be a Jack Gunstone clone.
You'd think Black is already playing the Gustone role for us, I would have thought...Is Thorpe any good in the backline?

Are we likely to only use the first 2 picks in the ND and then a couple of RD picks? When are final delistings?

Consensus seems to be that Kennedy, Gysberts, Mabon, Richo & Speight will go. Like most, I'd like best available small forward/mid & tall in ND and then a couple of mature rookies to cover KPD and Ruck/KPF. I'd take the risk on Garlett and Thorpe.
Delistings must be done by this thursday.
We have only 4 players out of contract and i'd expect all 4 to be delisted (kennedy, gysberts, mabon and sierakowski).
Which gives us pick 8 (McDonald), 30, 47 and either pick 65 or a delisted free agent.
Also 2 Rookie picks.

We have only 4 players out of contract and i'd expect all 4 to be delisted (kennedy, gysberts, mabon and sierakowski).
Which gives us pick 8 (McDonald), 30, 47 and either pick 65 or a delisted free agent.
Also 2 Rookie picks.

Thanks Z, I forgot about Siera. Given the game time he was given by Brad, he might still get a contract, even if only as a rookie.

Also 2 Rookie picks.
In what is supposedly a shallow draft, how likely do people think we are to redraft say Mabon as a rookie if we don't pick up a target key position player in the ND? I only ask this as ruck man take a long time to develop, and remember my old man telling me Mabon was clearly the best ruck man on the ground tigers vs roosters this year (daw and crusher both played)

In what is supposedly a shallow draft, how likely do people think we are to redraft say Mabon as a rookie if we don't pick up a target key position player in the ND? I only ask this as ruck man take a long time to develop, and remember my old man telling me Mabon was clearly the best ruck man on the ground tigers vs roosters this year (daw and crusher both played)

I''d hope we rookie Mabon liked him at a few of the games I went to. Also will get coverage is something happens to Goldy, with Majak having a dodgy knee and Currie was injured a few time last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what does everyone think about Ben Cavarra, Eastern Ranges captain, wasnt invited to the draft combine for some reason, his now won 2 eastern Best and fairest (only other 2 players to do that are Sam Mitchell and Rory Sloane), Morrish Medal, Vic Metro rep, tac medal and premiership medal as a captain

He could be one that could slip through to our pick 47 and would be a very handy pick up.

what does everyone think about Ben Cavarra, Eastern Ranges captain, wasnt invited to the draft combine for some reason, his now won 2 eastern Best and fairest (only other 2 players to do that are Sam Mitchell and Rory Sloane), Morrish Medal, Vic Metro rep, tac medal and premiership medal as a captain

He could be one that could slip through to our pick 47 and would be a very handy pick up.

was thinking the same thing, looks the goods. would be a great pick up if we could get him at pick #65 but who knows.

More like gunston is playing the black role for the dorks....I pay away blacky over Norman gunston any day!

As a North supporter I'd agree with you, and Black seems to have more upside. But the facts are, Gunston has had a great September, including almost winning the Norm Smith. Black simply doesn't have these sort of runs on the board yet. Let's see how he can back up from last year's breakthrough season.

Supercoach Paige has released her phantom draft. For us, she has:

8: Luke McDonald
30: Alex Spina
47: Darcy Lang
65: Tom Langdon

Other points of interest, Garlett to Hawthorn at 38, Thorp to Carlton at 39, Cain to Melbourne at pick 40 and Kennedy-Harris to Sydney with 32.

Other points of interest, Garlett to Hawthorn at 38, Thorp to Carlton at 39, Cain to Melbourne at pick 40 and Kennedy-Harris to Sydney with 32.

Not sure if I would trust Supercoach Paige. At the start of the season she has us trading Hansen, Taz, Harper and think the other one might have been Mullett. Don't think it is posted anywhere on here, I got told this in person by Paige.

Surely nickname is Bifida?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back