Game Day Semi Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really like a win to top off our season and claims a finals victory for all the hard work that has gone into the season. If we do get up there's certainly no expectations beyond this week though.

Don’t judge me - I am really bored while waiting for this game.
Soooo..... I just got on the Ticketmaster website and counted the amount of tickets left for sale via the blue dots (I know, I know).
Aaannnnyyyway I counted around 1000 tickets left so there should be a pretty decent crowd there one would think and in excess of 30k probably more like 32-33k I reckon.
A good strong Lions crowd will get us over the line.
C’mon boys! 🦁

None of that 'if we lose' rubbish in here thanks mate
Agree. If we lose the “oh well we exceeded expectations this year” argument will make me throw up (Thanks Terry Wallace). We finished second on the ladder on the same number of wins as the minor premiers. Two straight finals losses at home would be a disaster. At a club that is used to success, it would be simply unacceptable. We need to readjust our mindset so we don’t end up like Melbourne this year. We need to make the Preliminary Final and give that a red hot shake. Then who knows.

Go Lions today.

Forwards - May your marks be held, your kicks straight and your goals plentiful!

During the week I watched the first quarter and was blown away by the noise. Expect it to be louder with actual more Lions supporters, can’t wait. Boys would have reviewed and know where they went right and where they went wrong. They’ll be better for the run. Lions by 15points

It’s good to remember our highest ever GWS Gabba crowd is 16,049. We’ll be looking at 30k tonight so almost double is pretty good actually
Excuse the intrusion, but said the same to my mate. Brisbane are my second team and I've always followed you guys very closely so wanted to get along tonight after heading to last week's match (I was probably just abut the loudest person going for Brisbane in my area - not sure if that's saying something about me or that section), but unfortunately have arrangements I can't get out of.

I've always thought it's pretty stupid how they don't drop the price of remaining tickets at a certain time on match day. I get that it might be unfair for current ticket-holders (perhaps a free upgrade could be offered on a first come/first served basis), but what good does having a bunch of vacant $50+ seats do? Also went to the Gold Coast game which could have been close to a sell-out if they didn't have those $70+ seats left that nobody was paying for for a bloody Gold Coast match. It's such farcical management.

Key point: GWS has never lost a final to someone who hasn't won the premiership (2016, 2017) or at least made the GF (2018). Bodes well if we get up this week.

Don’t judge me - I am really bored while waiting for this game.
Soooo..... I just got on the Ticketmaster website and counted the amount of tickets left for sale via the blue dots (I know, I know).
Aaannnnyyyway I counted around 1000 tickets left so there should be a pretty decent crowd there one would think and in excess of 30k probably more like 32-33k I reckon.
A good strong Lions crowd will get us over the line.
C’mon boys! 🦁

Logical and normal behaviour I’d say.

For obsessed BigFooty types anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d love to see N Robbo pick green by the front of his jumper and throw him to one side during a skirmish. No kiddie dog tactics of pulling hair or jumping on a trapped player. Just pick him up and throw him away.

We'd all love to see that but the guys need to play smart and not give away any silly free kicks or have our free kicks reversed

I and others will be cheering for a 4 minutes straight during the 4th minutes of the 4th quarter to protest the continued robbery of Ryan bastinac at the selection table.

Please join me and other lions fans in protest

I think we can beat the giants. I think we have the game to get over them. Hope we play to our best and the last few big games havent taken their toll. Start well, dig in and we can win by 4goals.

Is there a reason the neafl final could not have been played as a curtain raiser. Would have been brilliant for the boys, great for the neafl, afl, to promote the game in qld. Great opportunity missed.

Agree. If we lose the “oh well we exceeded expectations this year” argument will make me throw up (Thanks Terry Wallace). We finished second on the ladder on the same number of wins as the minor premiers. Two straight finals losses at home would be a disaster. At a club that is used to success, it would be simply unacceptable. We need to readjust our mindset so we don’t end up like Melbourne this year. We need to make the Preliminary Final and give that a red hot shake. Then who knows.

Go Lions today.

Forwards - May your marks be held, your kicks straight and your goals plentiful!
I Believe 3kz
During the week I watched the first quarter and was blown away by the noise. Expect it to be louder with actual more Lions supporters, can’t wait. Boys would have reviewed and know where they went right and where they went wrong. They’ll be better for the run. Lions by 15points
That first quarter was Grand Final good, can we replicate that intensity,
K'nowth we can .
Would love to be on the fence ,9 rows back today ,
Don't worry fellow Lions Toby will hear me .
Maybe I might say something like" HeyToby when you coming to the Lions", or maybe just hang shit on him, yeh that 's more fun.

I’d love to see N Robbo pick green by the front of his jumper and throw him to one side during a skirmish. No kiddie dog tactics of pulling hair or jumping on a trapped player. Just pick him up and throw him away.
He's done that before.
It was one of the first times I saw him, at a stoppage, absolutely loved it, probably illegal but meh , love that intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back