Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

They have a habit of kicking straight and we don't. Their defence is definitely beatable but we need to restrict their chances and just bloody kick straight. For me, the result hangs on which Daniher turns up.
Thankfully he did. That goal from the boundary after dodgy deliberate OOB call was just incredible. Not many players could do that.

Thankfully he did. That goal from the boundary after dodgy deliberate OOB call was just incredible. Not many players could do that.

The throw was 100% there and not paid. Almost felt like the umpire corrected thst mistake.

What. A. Game !!!!

When Ashcroft took on 4 tacklers managed to handball and Lohmann kicked that goal, you knew we were on our way back. If his brother is rated as higher/better than him, that'd make our midfield truly scary to play against. What a beast. All those questions on why Ashcroft is getting game time got answered last night and he returned Fagan's faith in spades.

I was sitting in my AA row in section 223 up against the fence, Lynchy was walking past me at half time. I yelled out his name and he came across, I was pleading with him like "could you please ask Fagan to send Berry to play on Tom Greene? Pretty please?" he's like "not a bad idea, I'll try" haha

When they started playing keeping off footy in the middle of 4th, I knew we were a chance as long as we take our chances and kick straight. Boy o boy, they decided to fix the radar for one quarter and bang off it went. I'd rather play with perfect kicking radar in last quarter than first to be honest. Hope this gives bucketloads of confidence.

Ah Chee, Ashcroft, Berry all lifted in last quarter. Berry kept repelling from half back and played a game for ages. Not to mention Daniher deciding "oh we need to win the game is it? Ok let me go and get that done". I was in total shock with my swans mate, wasn't expecting Daniher to kick the second one at all, I was thinking scores tied and extra time. He decided to finish it off then and there.

Blowing my own trumpet below from previous review thread, post quoted below
30 scoring shots - tick
3 digit score - tick
Exactly when 3 digit scored happened we won - tick tick tick

I better go and buy some powerball tickets and try my luck. So happy today and I can't wipe the smile off my face. One of the best days to be out there in the ground and soaking it up with fans and players. Bring on the cats !

Look at the bright side though - Rayner, Kai, Morris and Cameron all stood up to turn the tide in that Q4 rather than completely giving up. I think the signs are there on team getting comfortable again with handling pressure.

More importantly scoring is starting to return too. From 124 vs Saints, we fell to 64 vs GWS (24 scoring shots), 78 vs Pies (23 scoring shots). It's starting to move in the right direction again with 87 vs Bombers (32 shots at goal) and 99 vs Blues (with 29 scoring shots).

I think we are primed for a 30+ scoring shot game and a 3 digit score in return. If we kick that well, we'll win.

Watching the replay I think the deliberate was there. He chose to knock the ball towards the boundary with no teammate anywhere near it

Yeah, change it from 'deliberate or not ' to 'was there sufficient attempt to keep the ball in?' and the answer is: no. Free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a blatant OOB even though the argument goes he was pushed into it and/or he was trying to push it back into play ( unlikely since he was surrounded by Lions players). Accident or unlucky the fact remains it came off his fist I believe in general play and he clearly knocked it straight over the boundary line.

That's been paid all year . Intent hasn't been considered anyway.

Watching the last quarter and I hope Cam Rayner is all good after that head clash with Sam Taylor. Was brutal

I disagree. He was trying to get physical and get himself in the game, but was frustrated. Rather him get a bit agro and get it wrong, than be passive and have no impact.

If Cam couldn't get his usual elite game going may as well go the crash n bash and rack up the 1 per centers.

Watching the last quarter and I hope Cam Rayner is all good after that head clash with Sam Taylor. Was brutal
If Cam couldn't get his usual elite game going may as well go the crash n bash and rack up the 1 per centers.
It does show a will to impact the contest that has perhaps been missing from Cam’s game in the past. That’s absolutely what’s required for finals footy. If he can’t contribute how he wants, then find another way.

Went to bed at almost 3 and up at 5 for a tee time. The boys took everything I had, I just played the worst round of golf of my life.

Season 3 What GIF by The Lonely Island

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Back