Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

On Brownys podcast they had Fly on this week. He spoke about how it was easier to chase a lead in the last few mins than hold onto a lead. When we were close with 5 mins left, his words were ringing in my head.
…and credit to our boys - we shut it down for 2 1/2 minutes at the end. Talk about learnings!

How did we win. My wife a crows fan, never lost hope. Me I thought we were gone. Best match ever

Sent from my moto g51 5G using Tapatalk
Love this post , my wife is blues fan and when we got within 3 goals said to me we'd win, I of course said NAH NO WAY with a bit of a look...I'm still in shock what a win...GO THE MIGHTY LIONS.

Great win in the end.
Just goes to show if you hang in there and kick a few quick goals it gives you some belief.

We had so many players down on their usual output and that is why we fell 44 points behind.
It would be nice if the vast majority of our 22 played well for 4 quarters in the next game.
Our best is way better than any side, it's just we rarely put it together for 4 quarters or even 3.
A big task next week that could go either way.

Congraluations to the coaches and players on making another PF especially with the bad start to the season.
This will be our 4th PF in the last 5 years.

Cam Rayner
Another absolute stinker in a massive game for our club.

8 Disposals at 37% Disposal Efficiency
(3 First Half / 5 Second Half)
6 Clangers
Gave away two ‘sucked in’ free kicks at clutch moments in the last quarter.

What has to happen for Rayner to rise to the occasion?
Like last week?

GWS play a style of game where they run, carry and tag their opponents out of the game. Problem is that they can’t do it for four quarters.

Good on the leadership group to keep us in and realize that.

Answorth was amazing - always there to take the handball, even when it wasn’t a good one.
Ashcroft - turned the game around
Daniher - won the game
Berry - came in clutch
Ah Chee - give that man a medal for effort
Starcevich - … Baldy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brain hasn't hurt this much since I walked out of the 'G post grand final

Is that the best win ever? Blimey. I can't stop laughing, I feel manic

Where do I even begin

The Joe Show, wowwww, on complete display. Haters can go and rightfully f@#k themselves now, including me because tonight I actually cracked it at him multiple times, I was mean and I called him a "stupid Gumby c#$t" or something hahah

I'm sorry Joey, I shall never ever doubt you ever again, my sweet otter prince 🥲❤️

Zorko!!! Went from being absolutely EMBARRASSING to playing like Luke flipping Hodge 🥲

WILL ASHCROFT

Wow..never a dull moment with us hahahahaha

Shoutout to any folks who were at the royal derby tonight, crazy atmosphere

For those thinking of going to Melbourne next week

WEEK THREE FINALS FIXTURE​

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20

First preliminary final

Sydney v Port Adelaide at the SCG, 7.40pm AEST

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21

Second preliminary final

Geelong v Brisbane at the MCG, 5.15pm AEST

I have so much man-love for Joe. He cares so much and tries so hard. They get stuck into him because he can sometimes get it wrong, but you can’t do the miraculous without the occasional mistake!
We hear so little from him, but i reckon he’s got a massive heart and he wants to win as much as anyone.

I thought Ah Chee unlocked Cameron a bit in the forward line when he just went berserk as the game got more and more clutch. Ah Chee was amazing.

I think the happiest part for me was Berry playing like that. That should have gone a long way to atoning for such a poor GF last year, so happy to see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Back