Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing comeback. I feel like I might finally get my dream of a Swans-Lions Grand Final.

Cal Ah Chee will go down as a legend of the Lions. So unheralded, but so inspirational the disregard he has for his body and his ability to always get the best out of himself for someone that has spent the better part of his career on the fringes.
Have always wanted a Swans representing South Melbourne v Lions representing Fitzroy in a final in Melbourne. Will not miss coming down for it for the world.

So has Wil Ashcroft added to his potential future captaincy credits tonight maybe ... seemed like a bit of 'follow me boys ' going on!
Watch Lachie’s postmatch interview on Fox footy. He said Ashy told him to get him the ball as he’s on the move. How’s that for a 2nd year player coming back from an ACL!

I’ll also add, I usually don’t post in game day thread as I’m at games at home and when we play away I’m watching with family but I’m home alone tonight and i can see why I don’t post in them as I make and made way too many stupid comments even id be embarrassed reading again.
Would it truly be a gameday thread without everyone being a nuffie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VOTES
Ashcroft
Daniher
Berry
Ah Chee
Answerth

Honourable Mentions
Zorko
McCluggage
Starcevich
Dunkley
Lester
Neale
Lohmann

Can someone explain the sequence of events.

What were the key turning points -

Kai and Oscar's goals in the third definitely, but also just Ashcroft turning up the heat in the midfield. Had 3 big clearances and put the team on his back.

We started converting our midfield intercepts and stoppage wins and once the team piled on 5 goals so quickly the belief was there. Daniels and Keeffe fluffing easy chances in the 4th opened the door for us.

Cam Rayner
Another absolute stinker in a massive game for our club.

8 Disposals at 37% Disposal Efficiency
(3 First Half / 5 Second Half)
6 Clangers
Gave away two ‘sucked in’ free kicks at clutch moments in the last quarter.

What has to happen for Rayner to rise to the occasion?

Last edited:
Watch Lachie’s postmatch interview on Fox footy. He said Ashy told him to get him the ball as he’s on the move. How’s that for a 2nd year player coming back from an ACL!
Imagine telling your 2x Brownlow medal captain to get you the ball.

Kid is just made for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Back